What's on your Bucket List?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Was talking to the missus about things I want to do before I die and realized I need a bit of inspiration.

The first things that come to mind are:
a) Skydiving (done)
b) coitus with a celebrity
c) run a marathon (not that excited about this)
d) diving on the GBR if it's still there

But after that it gets a bit hard. These things are cliches, which mean they don't really tap into stuff that will really leave a lasting impression, which is the whole point. Skydiving was fun, but I was a little underwhelmed to be honest.

So, I put it out there for some ideas.

Machu Picchu.

Almost booked it for May, but couldn't find enough time to do Peru properly.

Does nailing one of the broads from "farmer wants a wife" fall under 'coitus with a celebrity'? If so, then I can tick that off the list.

I'm boring. I just want to go back to the US and to enjoy an NFL game (hopefully with the Jets winning).

To be honest, my childhood ambition was to spend six months in Australia and six months in New York each year. Hasn't quite worked out that way just yet...

Planting an Oak and place a garden seat under it for shade.

Was talking to the missus about things I want to do before I die and realized I need a bit of inspiration.

The first things that come to mind are:
a) Skydiving (done)
b) coitus with a celebrity
c) run a marathon (not that excited about this)
d) diving on the GBR if it's still there

But after that it gets a bit hard. These things are cliches, which mean they don't really tap into stuff that will really leave a lasting impression, which is the whole point. Skydiving was fun, but I was a little underwhelmed to be honest.

So, I put it out there for some ideas.

Don't forget to let us all know when you tick b

Oh I'll tell you alright.

I'll light a campfire, pass everyone a mug full of port and tell the wonderful tale of how I had a mutually pleasurable exchange with a celebrity.

If it happens.

I hope the above isn't a metaphor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always had the ambition to write a book. Now that I have achieved that goal, I would like to send five free paper back copies to anyone who is prepared to write a review for me. I hope this is OK on here. Please PM me if you're interested.
What's the book about thaihawk (and don't say 200 pages) I'd be interested depending on topic.

What's the book about thaihawk (and don't say 200 pages) I'd be interested depending on topic.

The title is Sweatshop Greed, and that basically is the theme. An Australian lady has an obsession for power and money. Although a novel of fiction, (murder, blackmail, and conspiracy to murder included) I did do a fair bit of research, so some details are factual. I'm not very IT literate, and getting that kind of help here is not easy, but I am trying to build my website which will give you a bigger picture. The paper back is available from Amazon, and there is a Kindle version.

Last edited:
The title is Sweatshop Greed, and that basically is the theme. A Australian lady has an obsession for power and money. Although a novel of fiction, (murder, blackmail, and conspiracy to murder included) I did do a fair bit of research, so some details are factual. I'm not very IT literate, and getting that kind of help here is not easy, but I am trying to build my website which will give you a bigger picture. The paper back is available from Amazon, and there is a Kindle version.
Sounds quite good. Might have to grab a copy.
You get a nice little write up on Amazon

This is probably No.1 at the moment.

001_primary.jpg

I've always wanted to lash out and buy a first growth Bordeaux from a great vintage and drink it with my Dad and Brother.

Great stuff. I'm fortunate, or I did when I drank, to have a brother whose trade is high-end wine. Had some amazing bottles over the years. On a milestone birthday for a close family member he somehow unveiled a bottle of 1936 d'Yquem to finish the night off. Spectacular.

But yes, getting your mouth around a first growth is pretty spectacular. I've had Margaux before. Never tried Mouton Rothschild though.

Great stuff. I'm fortunate, or I did when I drank, to have a brother whose trade is high-end wine. Had some amazing bottles over the years. On a milestone birthday for a close family member he somehow unveiled a bottle of 1936 d'Yquem to finish the night off. Spectacular.

But yes, getting your mouth around a first growth is pretty spectacular. I've had Margaux before. Never tried Mouton Rothschild though.

Wow that would have been spectacular! I've had a few beauties in my time but nothing that old! '59 Vouvray was brought out once at a dinner. Can't remember the producer but it was incredible.

Machu Picchu.

Its definitely on mine, but read somewhere they are only accepting 200 or 400 visitors per day and a permit is required.
So check it out before you go. I hear there are plenty of disappointed tourists who cant get on the ruins.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back