Where Are They Now? A roll call of Roys people

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Lockie
What is the story on Brad Boyd. Does anyone know what he is doing???
I don't think he's involved in footy. Last I heard, he was selling wine accessories (fancy corkscrews & the like).

Re: Where Are They Now?

Brad Davis, Modewarre (sic) coaching young Ablett
Marty Warry residing at Barwon Prison
Perty now GM at Austerio
Nigel Credlin at Old Caulfield Captain made Ammos All Australian side 3 years running. what happened at Fitzroy.

Matty "NARA" Dundas last sighted as a personal trainer at Melbourne Aquatic Centre (98)
I remember running into one of the ex reserves players, I think it was Grant Demamiel, working at a petrol station in Port Melbourne circa 1997!
Renato Serafini - Sports Master, Xavier College (04)

i know this thread is old, but i was gonna ask bout brad boyd aswell, last i heard he moved back here, then back up to brisbane now back 2 melb, if anyone has any news on him please let me know! cheers!

Ran into Boydy in the Melbourne CBD one Saturday arvo earlier this year. Didn't say what he was doing, just that he would never play footy again but generally his health was good. Couldn't chat for long as I ran into him whilst I was leaving the urinals (he was on his way in)!

outside of his gig at Collingwood/Willy, LBG (Little Bradley Gotch) is playing cricket with a mate of mine down at East Malvern this summer. medium/slow offies by the look of them. his son is a gun cricketer apparently.

He plays with two of his sons. One wicket keeps and the other bowls mediums off about 3 steps. I actually got "big" Gotchy out 'Caught Behind' last season and then held out to his classy son, not to go out, but to lose the match as we didn't make enough runs. With Gotchy's wicket in my books I've since retired from cricket!

Faced Malthouse's boy in the same comp a couple of years ago and he was frightening on the sticky deck! Reckon Gotchy's lad will be a gun though.

Funny comment from the day came after Gotchy Jnr the wicket keeper said "If you barrack for Collingwood you'll let this kid get you out as his Dad is assistant Coach" to which I replied "Yeah, and I'm an old Royboy and you're Dad's a traitor and smacked him for Four!" :p

He hasn't been to court yet so he's not under Her Majesty's accommodation at this stage. I don't think he'll serve time anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anthony McGregor retired I think after knocked out a million times and is running his own business Broadway Meat or Broadway Butchers in the city of Darebin.

Levo said:
Macca has got Broadway Quality Meats in of all places The Broadway in Reservoir, he started his apprenticeship there, has worked there all the time.
McGregor bought the business and is now the sole owner to the chagrin of an older man who wasn't offered the business. He is also a part owner of Hollow Bullet which won 2 races during the cup carnival including the big race on Oaks day. Just like ex-teammate Shane Clayton who's father is in the Horse raving industry I think.
P.S. Eddie should have a re-start on the Footy Show's footballers race when McGregors blocks slipped at the start of the race. He was robbed!

S.Paxman played the 2004 season at Greenvale in their first season in the Essendon DFL A Grade Comp. I presume he is still there.

good thread guys, like hearing how the roy boys are all going.

I have a story for you from about 10 years ago when I was at the Whitten oval (im pretty sure thats where it was) with my dad and my pa. Anyways we got there early to see a little bit of the curtain raiser when we were walking past the pie van i remember seeing Docka Wheildon chatting to some ladies. I stopped and my dad at the time who was holding my hand said to me have a look mate its docca, i had already stopped and smiled at him, he stopped his conversation and noticed me in my fitzroy jumper put his thumb at me and said gday buddy. This made my day, and ever since i have held alot of respect for the man.

Another roy boy i admire is Paul Roos. In about grade 6 i think, we had to write a letter to our idol, at the time i had number 1 on my back so i choose Roosy. I remember shortly after writing the letter, i got a reply a hand written reply of almost 2 pages long. i wish i still had the letter, but i have lost it. The guy was a champion and such admired amongst my family after doing such a thing. Most of my mates didnt get replies so it made me feel better.

Now i barrack for the kangaroos after the roy boys merged and i didnt want to support an interstate team in the brisbane lions.

Another ex roy boy i remember is "Mark Zannoti" what is doing with himself these days. he used to run around in the back half with no.16 on his back, bit of a pony tail, but no pussy.

My memory of Doc was seeing him pad up the race in his socks after the reserve game to get the race results from the scoreboard.

And he was playing in the firsts

Mobbenfuher love your work Question what are the Lynch mob going to do now lynch as hung the boots up. Answer support the Fitzroy Reds

vosstheboss said:
Mobbenfuher love your work Question what are the Lynch mob going to do now lynch as hung the boots up. Answer support the Fitzroy Reds

Well I got out of the Lynch Mob in 1996, so I can't speak for them. But maybe they could rejig their lineup and come out firing as the Leppa Colony? Or Chris Johnson's Juice Crew?

My first memory of Doc was when he and his mate Dean "Luppa" Lupson came to my sister's house-warming party and Doc took a scoll out of the "Peace Bowl" which was made up of every spirit in the house, orange juice and turpentine (everyone took a little sip, nearly vomited, and passed it on to the next guy - Doc just went sluuuuuuuuuuurp!). Unbelievable!

Mobbenfuhrer said:
Well I got out of the Lynch Mob in 1996, so I can't speak for them. But maybe they could rejig their lineup and come out firing as the Leppa Colony? Or Chris Johnson's Juice Crew?
The reds are far much better

Anybody know what happen to Wayne Lamb (mop curly headed )the ex fitzroy & melbourne rover? I haven't seen his name mention in the list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back