Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s got to be GWS doesn’t it? Don’t mind the colours but the design is putrid.
GWS are such a weird case. The colours are great, the logo is great, for some reason they just keep going with the awful unbalanced orange back/charcoal front thing. Basically every away/clash jumper they try is a much stronger look and they don't just go with it.

Any kit that doesn't have a dominant and a secondary base colour, from a design perspective is a poorly designed kit.

West Coast, Western Bulldogs and Gold Coast have fundamentally poorly designed colours. They need to darken there blues and reds respectively. Seems like their colours were picked by preschoolers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

melbourne when wearing royal blue is horrid, fine in the navy blue. north's blue and white stripes just looks bland. need a darker blue. hawks is unique, awful, but unique, so good on them. the bulldogs just looks like something a tasteless feral designed. gws what is that giant logo ruing your jumper? freo - why three v's? just one thick one thanks, but still a massive upgrade on the anchor. brisbane get rid of the lion - recreate something akin to the ffc logo or just leave it off. gold coast - like gws - just remove that ugly logo. crows jumper - loopy. west coast - see gws and suns. port - from the second greatest jumper in history to something passable - except that there's teal blue in it. collingwood - yawn. carlton - dark and clean and the only example of a centre logo that works, perhaps because it isn't an animal or a motorcycle helmet? sydney - it was boring before the stupid opera house cuts, that didn't improve it. i haven't even noticed - are they still there? who's left? richmond and essendon - ok for the latter, a total lack of imagination by the former. both fail in the end because no real contact sports club wears a sash.geelong - pass, a decent jumper. and that leaves the greatest and most unique jumper in the comp. red, black and whihttps://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/upload?type=post&context[post_id]=81499028&hash=b3bf69049e445dec50b3f6324f7226b1te with a crest. fantastic. it caught my admiration when i first saw them play, and gosh darn but if only they wore something plain i may have enjoyed seeing a few premierships in my lifetime. but, as far as jumpers go, it's a clear winner.

What is wrong with you posters....naming Carlton and Adelaide ect. Are you all fashion victims??? It is Hawthorn's by so far it is not funny. It is the ugliest guernsey in the entire universe. No other club comes close. It is why they design their polos ect with navy blue being the predominant colour.

GWS are such a weird case. The colours are great, the logo is great, for some reason they just keep going with the awful unbalanced orange back/charcoal front thing. Basically every away/clash jumper they try is a much stronger look and they don't just go with it.
Gws problem is the front doesn't match the back - effectively having a light jumper on the front, dark at back.

WCE tripanel had similar issues - it created clashes.

The bridge clash jumper is great

Gws problem is the front doesn't match the back - effectively having a light jumper on the front, dark at back.

WCE tripanel had similar issues - it created clashes.

The bridge clash jumper is great
I don't understand why they don't use a charcoal back.

Any kit that doesn't have a dominant and a secondary base colour, from a design perspective is a poorly designed kit.

West Coast, Western Bulldogs and Gold Coast have fundamentally poorly designed colours. They need to darken there blues and reds respectively. Seems like their colours were picked by preschoolers.
Don't get your hate for Royal blue.

WCE v Swans, and WCE V Suns are some of the best looking match ups.

The WCE tripanel with navy on the other hand contributed to so many clashes

I’ve always thought Pies and Lions (maroon version) have best. The GF was quite the fashion show imo
But I feel they're the weakest variations. Pies 2000 guernsey was so much better, and Lions late 2000's guernsey home jumper was better with the blue yokes matching both side lengths.

Yep. Look at Port and Freo, tried something different, failed, and ended up with traditional style guernseys which look pretty good.
Port and Freo never wore their best guernseys full time. I think had Port worn their first away guernsey from 1997-2002, and Freo had worn their full haze guernsey with the white anchor the entire time they never would have switched.

Back