Analysis Which players would you want from...

Remove this Banner Ad

benfranklin

Senior List
Sep 20, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Watching Carlton spud it up tonight and I'm wondering this: are there ANY Blues you would be happy to have at Hawthorn? And you can't just have them - who would they replace? It is strange to say that there are number 1 draft picks that I just don't want.

What about the same for Melbourne? I like Jesse Hogan - but he obviously doesn't replace Roughead, but certainly over, say, Tim O'Brien (who is maybe a similar height/age/role)

I reckon it is a really interesting question when we have a back-to-back side where even fringe 22 players do well at their role and are often popular among us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's it isn't it. Even for the ones I like a bit, I don't really think they beat Hawks for a spot.

thats coz footy is about more than just winning. we don't have the top 22 individual players in the comp, but we love them all coz they bleed for the brown and gold on any given day. unless you're swapping tambling for dangerfield, why would you wanna give up someone that's already fighting for the right team? clearly it requires more than the blues have to offer, lol.

From Carlton I'd consider Yarran, hendo and possibly docherty, Cripps and Menzel. Couldn't see any of them displacing anyone in our best 22 atm tho.

Hogan from the dees is top notch. Has the potential to be the premier forward in the comp imo. they also have a bunch of youngsters worth a look. In terms of senior players the only one of interest to me is Howe.

As mentioned, Yarran has punched Chapman and dropped him, and he goes alright from the HBF with the kind of toe that generates scores.

But sweet Jesus, anyone mentioning Murphy should be banned from this board. My Carlton friend refers to him as 'burner'. He's broken more Carlton hearts than any other player with his patently hilarious 'skills'.

At least he's improved his ball hunting skills. He used to stand in the way of teammates, or run along beside them demanding that they give him the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back