• Zach Merrett, Laverde, Daniher, Langford

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Greggers28

Draftee
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
i've gotta say it would be our four. Greggers, Nakia, jkolo and lang are the future of my mighty catters.

i've gotta say it would be our four. Greggers, Nakia, jkolo and lang are the future of my mighty catters.

Then I think you might be in a spot of bother :eek:

I'd go Bontempelli, Macrae, Stringer and Hunter personally. Dogs will be lethal in 4-5 years.
You're right that they'll be lethal, but it's a bad comparison to put 3 21 year olds and a 19 year old against 2 18 year olds, a 19 year old and a 20 year old, give them some time. Duggan is still only 18, he could be anything, Sheed is a champ, came 3rd in the rising star this year, Nelson held his own as good as any first year backman I've seen, and Lamb has the potential to tear games open, only got the chance to play 1 game this year due to injury but kicked multiple bags of 4 in the WAFL and a goal after the siren to win a match.

You're right that they'll be lethal, but it's a bad comparison to put 3 21 year olds and a 19 year old against 2 18 year olds, a 19 year old and a 20 year old, give them some time. Duggan is still only 18, he could be anything, Sheed is a champ, came 3rd in the rising star this year, Nelson held his own as good as any first year backman I've seen, and Lamb has the potential to tear games open, only got the chance to play 1 game this year due to injury but kicked multiple bags of 4 in the WAFL and a goal after the siren to win a match.

Sheed had a good year but the others are unproven at AFL level. Big difference between showing promise and what the Bulldogs boys have done. You could even throw in Tom Boyd for good measure.

Sheed had a good year but the others are unproven at AFL level. Big difference between showing promise and what the Bulldogs boys have done. You could even throw in Tom Boyd for good measure.
Exactly, the OP only included players that were 18-20, and you mentioning all these 21 year olds, it's a poor comparison. Duggan played 12 games then was injured, and Nelson played 11. Half a season in a grand final side for 18 year olds is an immense achievement. Lamb only managed one because he was injured after round 1 and then couldn't break back into the side at the tail end of the season despite 4 goal hauls. Duggan and Nelson are just as proven as Cockatoo, Kolodashnij, Laverde or Langford.

I could even throw in Yeo, Gaff, Mcgovern, Lycett or Darling as other young guns west coast have, but I restricted it to 1st and 1 second year player for the sake of the thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A better dogs comparison in terms of this thread would be tom Boyd, lukas webb, Bailey Dale and caleb Daniel.

Shown about as much, got games in a better team than those in the OP

But it's still a s**t thread

I'm disappointed in the OP because he spelt all the names of our players correctly. Its just not supposed to be like this. First rule of creating a poll with your team players vs other teams is to misspell their names that way even their names will be less attractive to vote for. It even works for the best player in the comp:
Gary Ablett vs Gary Ableit

In regards to the poll itself. I'm happy to keep our 4 thanks.

If we're talking about 4 from the last two drafts then I'm quite happy to throw 4 of McCartin, Billings, Goddard, Lonie, Acres, Dunstan and now Freeman into the mix, with HM's to Sinclair and McKenzie.

Howe, Hartung, Langford, o'Rourke blows them both away.
That is true, except for the part about it being false.

I'd happily take Essendon's ahead of those 4, for starters.

Back