joe444

Club Legend
Suspended
Jul 9, 2006
Franga
AFL Club
Geelong
Last edited by a moderator:
Before the game, a friend texted me a screenshot from Channel Seven's coverage, showing the commentators' predictions for the final score, with the caption "Who do the white men think will win?" Sure enough, all five predictions were from white men.
Someone managed to be even more stupid and asinine than Channel Seven's coverage itself.

This is clearly someone who came to the game to look for misogyny to complain about and probably has never watched a game before.

This is the kind of thing I'd expect from a right-wing version of The Onion. Schoolyard stuff "He said black pen RACIST LOLOLOLOL"

Posted on GD board - another member of the professionally outraged.

There is being a sore loser and having a bit of a hissy fit - Then there is being a sore loser and making a fool of yourself in a national newspaper.

Have a read of her twitter feed - Did you she actually watch any of the game? Must have posted 50 times during it. And 61,000 tweets? Someone is a bit full of their own self importance.

As someone said - How long did it take you to get up on that high horse?

I feel like she's pulling our legs. No one can genuinely believe the s**t in that article.

What annoys me is that there is a legitimate issue here - racism - but that is unthinkingly directed at AFL.

What Erin did not even try to understand is that AFL is where you SHOULD look to see how this society has progressed.

I don't care whether I have anything in common with the other posters on here politically speaking, but her kneejerk stuff is an insult to the genuine fight against discrimination and the generations who fought for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They referred to Sydney players only by female pronouns – implying, of course, that being female is to be laughable and weak.

Doesn't this happen all the time?

a lot of these articles seem to be popping up lately, especially in some pommy newspapers

yet all are laughed off/dismissed with practically the same dismay. some people may/may not have said something at a sporting event, therefore everyone is exactly the same. yeah.

You gotta reed her twitter feed

I've now been crying for 6 hours. Thank you very much to the racist, homophobic, sexist Hawks supporters sitting near me for that.

Straight white dudes telling me when I am allowed to be offended dot tumblr dot come.

I am sick of the game I love, the game that women and non-white folk have been part of as long as it has been around, being so cruel

Hawks fans behind us singing "Sydney take it up the arse, doodah, doodah". So they've now hit the racist, sexist and homophobic trifecta

sweet_tears.gif

Hard to believe she is a "11 year swans member".

Written like it's the first time she's come across such behaviour at the footy.

As for the white men stuff, well I would say anyone that complains of this has no respect for who those men are and their contribution to the game. To dismiss them as just "white men" certainly shouldn't come from a self proclaimed footy fan as Miss Riley claims herself to be.

I've now been crying for 6 hours. Thank you very much to the racist, homophobic, sexist Hawks supporters sitting near me for that.

Straight white dudes telling me when I am allowed to be offended dot tumblr dot come.

I am sick of the game I love, the game that women and non-white folk have been part of as long as it has been around, being so cruel

Hawks fans behind us singing "Sydney take it up the arse, doodah, doodah". So they've now hit the racist, sexist and homophobic trifecta

sweet_tears.gif

She seems mentally unstable. I don't know whether to laugh or to be concerned.

I call bullshit. No bogan would know what tumblr was. Don't think women and minorities were a very big part in 1897 unfortunately.

Posted on GD board - another member of the professionally outraged.

There is being a sore loser and having a bit of a hissy fit - Then there is being a sore loser and making a fool of yourself in a national newspaper.

Have a read of her twitter feed - Did you she actually watch any of the game? Must have posted 50 times during it. And 61,000 tweets? Someone is a bit full of their own self importance.

As someone said - How long did it take you to get up on that high horse?

Haha especially seeing 3G is so slow at the G!

While I personally wouldn't boo Goodes and don't like when others do, that article is a load of utter, utter rubbish. Goodes isn't the first champion to be booed. Almost all of them have copped it at some point. Ridiculous to have such a big whinge about it.

The racist stuff is unacceptable but it seems like she's used that to get on her high horse about any small, insignificant issue she can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back