Who do you support in the NHL & who are your favourite players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Who do you support in the NHL & who are your favorite players?

Canucks are my team and Bieksa's my boy. other fav's are Kesler and the Sedin's. Iginla and Price from other teams.

dislike...tim thomas!!

BRING ON GAME 7!!!!

after game 6 i'm sure every canucks fan hates him

you can add games 3 and 4 to that as well...has to be player of the series.

agreed, its amazing how one keeper has just played out of his skins and the other has just wilted under pressure on a few occaisions

Only started following Ice Hockey this year although I did go to a few College games while living and working in Minnesota for a year...so I've decided to follow the Minnesota Wild.
No favourite players yet but you've gotta like a bloke named Cal Clutterbuck...to overcome the adversity of his name alone suggests character.

Only started following Ice Hockey this year although I did go to a few College games while living and working in Minnesota for a year...so I've decided to follow the Minnesota Wild.
No favourite players yet but you've gotta like a bloke named Cal Clutterbuck...to overcome the adversity of his name alone suggests character.

I don't mind the Wild, watched them quite a bit this season. 100% agree re: Clutterbuck. Easily the best post in the thread.

I am a Bruins Fan.

Some years ago I watch a you tube clip of Dick and Ricky Hoyt , otherwise known as "Team Hoyt"... its was amazingly inspirational and uplifting.

Ricky has a severe dissability and is wheel chair bound and can not talk. However Rickys mental prowess is a sharp as a tack.

Ricky and his Dad Dick have competed in many triathalons and their story is the stuff of legends its also purley insirational and well woth looking up on youtube.

When his family purchased a computer so that he could communicate via the special program , the extended family and friends gathered around to hear Rickys first words ...expecting them to be Mum or Dad ..... but they wernt'... Rickys first words were "GO BRUINS".

So from that day on I have supported the Boston Bruins.

It gives me a great deal of joy and happiness to know that Ricky Hoyt has seen his beloved Bruins win the Stanley Cup.

Its a tale a bit left field but that the way it is.

I would strongly encourage others to take the time to goggle the many youtube clips of the Hoyt's .

As Molly would say do your self a favour and check it out.

Blue Jackets. Was born in columbus. just kind of building up an interest to the sport, just need to follow it more regually. Love Rick Nash though!

I have soft spot for the Leafs as I managed to catch a game when I was in toronto. Awesome game, beat the red wings 5-1.

Pittsburgh Penguins fan here. Started following them after watching the NHL 24/7 docos this year. Followed the Penguins late into last season and will now continue to follow them into next season.

Favourite player naturally is Crosby.

tumblr_ljryu20Vno1qhx1qdo1_500.png

Favourites of all time, Niedermayer and Elias, Parise probably my favourite player currently on the roster ad hoping we resign him for a good long time.

Pittsburgh Penguins fan here. Started following them after watching the NHL 24/7 docos this year. Followed the Penguins late into last season and will now continue to follow them into next season.

Favourite player naturally is Crosby.

So it's your fault! You start supporting us and four days later Sid goes down with a season ending headache.

Nice work.

But seriously, welcome to the NHL.

So it's your fault! You start supporting us and four days later Sid goes down with a season ending headache.

Nice work.

But seriously, welcome to the NHL.

Yep, all my fault.

I could go and jinx Winnipeg if you like :D

I've been a ice hockey fan since the Mighty Ducks movies were made, and getting a NHL game on any gaming console I own has been essential (though my most recent one is NHL 2005 on PS2). I did loosely follow the Ducks as a result for awhile but after 24/7 decided that I'll take a closer following to Pittsburgh and start following the game more closely.

Also, you know you've had a bad football weekend when you spend Sunday on the Penguins website looking at when their first game is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_ljryu20Vno1qhx1qdo1_500.png

Favourites of all time, Niedermayer and Elias, Parise probably my favourite player currently on the roster ad hoping we resign him for a good long time.
Well, that went exactly as planned.

Gomez!

Not sure about that. Rangers have a very good defensive unit and Torts' imposes an effective stifling system. They do a great job of blocking shots. Quite sure they led the league in that stat last season.

Not sure about that. Rangers have a very good defensive unit and Torts' imposes an effective stifling system. They do a great job of blocking shots. Quite sure they led the league in that stat last season.
Well if our defense doesn't show up, it's all left to Hank to win a game. Because our offense is so crap and inconsistent.
Just when we get Rick Nash the seasons cancelled, or at least partially! :(

Surprisingly it was the Islanders from what I can see that blocked the most shots.

Read it in an article a few months back, probably included playoffs.

Found article: "Among teams that made the playoffs this season, the Rangers blocked the most shots with 1,338 in 82 games."

Islanders didn't make the playoffs so they don't count. ;)

Three pages of this thread and no love for the Blackhawks?!

I grew up a Red Wings fan because Sergei Fedorov was my favourite player, but a few years ago now I became a Blackhawks fan. My favourite Hawks are Toews (got his jersey), Kane, Sharp, Seabrook and Keith. If we can get some decent goalie help (and there actually is a season), I think we can be a contender again.

I have a fav team in each conference, Dallas Stars and Ottawa Senators. Went to Dallas once to see them play a couple of games, not been to see the Senators yet, next year maybe.

Favourite player was Brad Richards until he signed for NYR. So fav current Stars player is Jamie Benn, and for the Senators it's Erik Karlson.

It's a real bummer this season is on hold, as sure looking forward to seeing Jaromir Jagr playing for the Stars.

Another Pens fan here. Originally somewhat of a Habs fan because we have some extended family in Montreal. Had some cousins head over there and they came back with a bunch of Habs gear and convinced a younger version of myself to jump on board. Played many seasons as the Habs on NHL 99 to the point where I got bored with them, as you do as an 8-year old. So after trialing a few new teams I found an exceptionally skilled player with a glorious mullet (god knows what attracted me to mullets as an 8-year old) in Jaromir Jagr and I thought Penguins were pretty cool animals, have stuck with them ever since. Nowadays, I love that Pittsburgh is a working-class sports-mad city.... and I freaking hate Jaromir Jagr.

Favourite Pens players (no order): Dupuis, Letang, Crosby, Malkin, Engelland
Favourite non-Pens: J.Stall (still shattered about his move to the Canes), Landeskog, Iginla, S.Koivu (nostalgia), Langenbrunner, Selanne. I don't know if I love Talbot or not anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back