Prediction Who finishes higher in 2024, Fremantle or GC?

Who finishes higher in 2024?

• Fremantle

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • GC

Votes: 44 66.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Let’s keep this series going.

Two sides on very similar development paths, both sets of supporters would be expecting to jump into the 8 after below average seasons in 2023.

Jackson, Amiss, Serong, Anderson, Rowell, King amongst the names driving the improvement.

Can one or both of these sides jump into the top 4?

Bonus question: Which expansion club wins their maiden premiership first?

Fremantle.
They may have lost Schultz and Henry but their midfield is shaping up to be one of the best.
Taberner is a mystery. Never a star but like Dan McStay, he would really alter their forward structure if he's healthy. Allows Jackson to focus on becoming a hybrid midfielder where he appears best suited.

I never understand why people waste their times opening threads like this, or Richmond vs North Melbourne, or Carlton vs Collingwood.

Everyone's already giving you their answers here: 2024 Ladder Predictions

I feel like the Suns have way too much hype at the moment. I can easily see them being bottom 6 again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see the Suns in the top 8 in 2025, but think they're going to take a year to adjust to whatever Hardwick has in store for them, can see them in about 10th/11th next year.

Freo on the other hand, only 2 games outside the 8 this year, but at the tail end of a very crowded middle bracket, so the number of wins they had would have them sitting higher in any other year - this year just looked low.
Realistically, the Dockers could lose more games next year and still be in the same ladder position as '23.

So for me, Freo will finish around the same position on the ladder, but GC to finish above, the Suns taking a step forward in '24, and a leap in '25.

I think the Suns have a higher ceiling but Freo have finals experience and a better backline. Therefore I’d back Freo to finish higher. They’re also playing for Longmuir’s future this year so we could see an upturn in their performance levels if they want him to remain.

Our forwards are still too young, and not clear who our wings are. and Overall the team is still very young and inexperienced. On that basis it’s tough to see us above 10th.

GC could climb if they hit their straps quickly with the new coach.

i expect both to be comfortably in the 8 in 2025.

Let’s keep this series going.

Two sides on very similar development paths, both sets of supporters would be expecting to jump into the 8 after below average seasons in 2023.

Jackson, Amiss, Serong, Anderson, Rowell, King amongst the names driving the improvement.

Can one or both of these sides jump into the top 4?

Bonus question: Which expansion club wins their maiden premiership first?
Fremantle is like an Addictive drug to you isnt it? lol

Back