Who is the better #1 Draft Pick? Luke Hodge or Nick Riewoldt???

Who has been the better player over their career?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfcrox

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've got a massive bet going on with one of my mates about which of Luke Hodge or Nick Riewoldt is/was the better player. He is hell bent on his preferred, and I am hell bent on my preferred so I thought I'd throw it open to BigFooty (7-day poll) to decide the winner of the bet. Haha

It's basically based around who has been the better player over the course of their ENTIRE career, not just current form or early career form. If you were starting a new club and had the option of these two as 18 year olds (knowing what their career output would be), who would you choose?

Roo. Best key forward of the last ten years, beast.

Depends what team you are.

For example if you were a Melbourne recruiter Luke Hodge easily.

But for the Dogs, I'd pick Riewoldt.

I will clarify... this isn't based on a teams needs or anything. Just who you would pick if you starting a franchise club and these were the clear best players in that draft for you to pick from

As a Geelong supporter it kills me to say it but Hodge.;) For the simple fact he won them the GF in 08 and if they do it again this year he will be a big reason why. People say premiership are a team thing blah blah but you draft the number 1 pick to win you flags. Reiwoldt 0 - Hodge 1.

This is jut my opinion and I don't want to hear "well Gary Ablett Snr didn't win a flag so that makes Nick Maxwell a better player".

The number 1 priority for any club is to win the flag and only one player of the two you have selected has done that. I say it with a lot of bias (I'm not going to lie :p) but I'd pick Hodge. That being said Riewoldt is a champion and his best years were just pure domination.

Hodge at his best is a superstar but I think Roo has been consistently better for longer. Both players can change a game and are great leaders but I have Riewoldt ahead for now; if Hodge can string 2-3 of consistently great footy then the answer may be different.

Riewoldt easy. Great leader and 7 time best and fairest winner. Forwards are more valuable than mids as well.

He's won 5 B&F's, which is a club record, but he very well could be on his way to a 6th.

I'd take Riewoldt. Been better for longer all while playing the hardest position on the ground.

Pretty hard to compare the two given they play different positions. I think Riewoldt vs Pavlich and Hodge vs Swan is a better comparison. Those are both very even comparisons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Riewoldt is more talented and has been a better player for longer. He easily wins.
I disagree, Hodge is supremely talented but his body has crueled him

Hodge has had a more sucessful career and we're seeing what he can do when he's not carrying an injury which a lot of teams would put him out for the year.

Roo however has just been consistantly good/great and probably deserved a brownlow in 04, Hodge has been going 2 years struggling to make it on the track then the one brilliant year.

overall Roo

Roo. Best key forward of the last ten years, beast.
I would have Pav/Franklin ahead of him

Wow, yet another one of these threads containing a Hawthorn player, where all the jealous anti Hawk trolls come out to play.
'Who was better out of Leigh Matthews and Brett Spinks?'

'Spinks easily, way more talent'

:)

Seriously, really??

One has played his whole carrier at CHF where he has been a champion. The other most of his on the half back line, spare man in defence.

Wow, yet another one of these threads containing a Hawthorn player, where all the jealous anti Hawk trolls come out to play.
'Who was better out of Leigh Matthews and Brett Spinks?'

'Spinks easily, way more talent'

:)

This has nothing to do with Anti-Hawks bias? There is nothing wrong with people choosing Riewoldt ahead of Hodge. I would also take Riewoldt ahead of Hodge, and that is no slight on Hodge, who has been a champion as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back