Who should Be next Vice Captain??

Remove this Banner Ad

RoBomber

Draftee
Feb 22, 2000
Melbourne
Just finished reading article in The Age this morning and noted the journalist said Adam Gilchrist will be stripped of Vice Captaincy. I believe he should not have recieved this position in the first place. He has to wicket keep and open bat in One Dayers and this is enough responsibility. Im sure Gilly would make a great captain but not with these other duties.

The next captain should be Ricky Ponting as he is the youngest in the team with plenty of experience loads of talent and a great cricket brain.
So what if he was caught in a nightclub. That was 3 years ago and hes matured since then.

What do you all think????

Adam Gilchrist should retain the VC.Bugger Warne .Him and Ponting have had enough warnings about their behaviour.

The selectors are likely to pick a New South Wales player as the new VC.Maybe they'll give it to 'grumble bum McGrath'.

------------------
"The good humour man can only be pushed so far ". -Bart Simpson

I'm all in favour of Gilly keeping the role of vice captain. Does he deserve to get the title stripped off him? His form in his debut international test season was outstanding, he's a wonderful role model for the game, and I've only seen him using his mobile once (and I'm sure that was just to call mum!) Plus the stories about having wicketkeepers as a vice captain is ridiculous - Ian Healy did the job ok, didnt he?

We've pretty much covered this on another thred but as for W/K's being vice captain. I did say they should not be captain due to the demands on them during the game in general. As for VC, they are very well equiped and positioned for the role. As a VC they are generally asked for opinion and expected to provide suggestions, occassionally acting as captin when the C is indisposed.

As WK they are perfectly positioned to read batsmens weaknesses, notice flaws in fielding positions and ideally placed as the principal motivator.

To place the full burden of Captaincy on them is folly. In previous examples in Test cricket they have almopst always failed because of the demands of the two roles.

So i spose I am saying I agree that Gilchrist should never be Captain but in the same breath saying that he is the ideal VC.

I agree Servo,

Gilly's in a great position to be VC and advise Steve Waugh about whats going on. In the past the VC has never been the automatic replacement for a retiring captain.

Ricky Ponting will almost certainly be the next captain but he's not really the best man for the VC job at the moment partly because of where he feilds plus he still has to get a bit of respect back after his off feild problems.

I need help people with a survivor question about cricket, which I know absolutely nothing about. Where do I find the teams for the upcoming pura cup game & how do I find out who the bowlers are?

------------------
Mantis

gilchrist wont lose the v/c
and if i had to pick the next v/c to be the next captain it would be ponting or langer
the reason i dont think it would be warney is because he may be finished by the time steve waugh is
otherwise warney would still be my pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back