Coach Who should be our next coach?

Remove this Banner Ad

15/8 Board toppled (reportedly will pursue Clarkson)
19/8 Alastair Clarkson to join North
21/8 Ben Rutten sacked
22/8 Coach selection sub-committee to be established to find a replacement
26/8 Committee members announced: Josh Mahoney (GM-Footy, chair), Dorothy Hisgrove (Board member), Andrew Thorburn, Simone McKinnis, Robert Walls, Jordan Lewis
7/9 James Hird, Dean Solomon, Brendon Lade, Adem Yze interviewed at EY
13/9 Daniel Giansiracusa reportedly interviewed
17/9 Don Pyke “not pursuing that at this stage”
21/9 Brad Scott contacted by the club but won’t make a decision on whether to pursue the role until after the Grand Final
21/9 Adem Yze has second interview and tours the training facilities at Tullamarine
22/9 Blake Caracella will put his hat in the ring
27/9 Brendon Lade appointed as assistant coach at the Western Bulldogs, out of the running for Essendon job
28/9 Brad Scott to be interviewed on Thursday
29/9

Last edited:
How wasn't the process followed?
Over Your Head Joke GIF

EDIT - Apologies, didn't see the end of the previous GIF til now, you're not an idiot, but you missed my joke/sarcasm.

Last edited:

I mean, he was interviewed once and hired within a couple of hours of it.

Reeks of the Worsfold appointment 'process' which pissed the likes of Choco off.
How long after you interview someone should you wait?

I mean, he was interviewed once and hired within a couple of hours of it.

Reeks of the Worsfold appointment 'process' which pissed the likes of Choco off.
Well the process always was experienced coaches would skip the first step. Once he interviewed/ say a don pyke. They would then be making their decision if they were a better fit over yze/hird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the process was just an interview then so be it

They shouldnt have come out with this big list of things for the process

But weve landed at the right person

Hope he can bring across some good assistants that i named previously that he has ties to. Would be happy with all or any of them

Joel Selwood
B.Caracella
Luke Power
Leigh Adams
Spike Mcveigh

Yep, in my experience on recruitment panels if one candidate has been clearly the strongest everyone knows almost immediately.
it then takes HR days to get their s**t together and organise a contract.

I actually wouldn't mind Hird as assistant... It may drive Scott to make sure he's good :tearsofjoy:

Goddamnit. That was when the old poll was up. I also voted for Noble :tearsofjoy:
Scott is one of the few who I think could handle Hird as assistant. But I'd prefer Hird went elsewhere to get experience if he's serious.

ROFL at “tha process”

Clarko do you want the job?

No

Ross do you want the job?

No

Leon do you want job?

No

Don do you want the job?

No

Chris’ brother, do you want the job?

Yeah ok
get a grip lmao, they interviewed a number of candidates (multiple times in some cases) over a few weeks), and i would imagine they had someone (yze by the sounds of it) lined up depending on how scott presented.

This does nothing for our credibility and he’s almost certainly only a bridging coach but it will certainly be compelling viewing.

The overarching theme for Brad Scott coached teams were that they basically almost always overachieved relative to talent and resources and he had no issues sticking his neck out.

Ironically he would benefit massively from someone like a Rutten, Yze or Chaplin as a defensive line coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back