who's going to international game friday?

Remove this Banner Ad

madtiger2005

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2004
St Albans, Victoria
Other Teams
Richmond
I've never been to one and I'm bored without footy and I hate horse racing and car racing. I can put up with cricket and tennis. I think I'll go this Friday and I think there will be a full house.

madtiger2005 said:
I've never been to one and I'm bored without footy and I hate horse racing and car racing. I can put up with cricket and tennis. I think I'll go this Friday and I think there will be a full house.

Like Soccer?

Im thinking about it, depends....... lol.. Would be good seeing Lids and Newman again..

Yeah ill be there will be my First International Rules Game. Got my Ticket about 3 Weeks ago and will be sitting Level 1 Row A with my Richmond Guernsy On.

I've been before, it was great. However, its Victory vs Adelaide United for me this Friday. We owe these -----!!! ;)

P.S. Tickets for MVFC vs AUFC are almost 85% sold already

duckboy said:
I've been before, it was great. However, its Victory vs Adelaide United for me this Friday. We owe these -----!!! ;)

Soccer?

Thats blasphamy !!!!!!!!

I'd rather watch grass grow !!

The quicker the Aussies get our butts kicked again for the world cup play offs the better off this country will be.

:D

I'm thinking of going this Friday.
I went to the IR a few years ago and it's a good night out. It was interesting as most people were too busy checking the rule book to figure out what was going on rather than watching the game. Went to an Irish pub afterwards and took home an Irish lass. Aye to be sure. ;) :thumbsu:

duckboy said:

85% already, damn i went last Sunday to Melbourne's 5-0 over Sydney and when i looked at Melbourne nexts game at OP and saw it was the same night as IR i was dissapointed as i have already got my Ticket to IR. Oh well ill have to wait till the next Friday to see the Victory beat the Roar.

wez10000 said:
85% already, damn i went last Sunday to Melbourne's 5-0 over Sydney and when i looked at Melbourne nexts game at OP and saw it was the same night as IR i was dissapointed as i have already got my Ticket to IR. Oh well ill have to wait till the next Friday to see the Victory beat the Roar.

Friday Night Footy is alive and well. The next 4 Friday nights are Melbourne Victory home games at Olympic Park. See you in the Union. :thumbsu:

i went to the game 2 years ago.its very weird cause u r goin for players that u would hate durin the normal afl season.
i would go this week but i got work. good luck to the aussies. hope they thrash the irish again!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

soccer is a cool sport. AFL footy is #1 of course, but soccer, American basketball, skateboarding and tennis are the only other sports I'd watch. All the other sports can F off :D.

madtiger2005 said:

ummm nahhhh!!!! ;)

madtiger2005 said:
soccer is a cool sport. AFL footy is #1 of course, but soccer, American basketball, skateboarding and tennis are the only other sports I'd watch. All the other sports can F off :D.

The best soccer game I ever watched was on the Simpsons.

Quote:

TV ANNOUNCER
The Continental Soccer Association is coming to Springfield! It's all here - fast-kicking, low scoring, and ties? You bet!

BART
Hey Dad, how come you've never taken us to see a soccer game?

HOMER
I... don't know.

TV ANNOUNCER
You'll see all your favorite soccer stars. Like Adiaga! Adiaga two! Badiaga! Aruglia! And Pizzoza!

HOMER
Oh, I've never heard of those people.

TV ANNOUNCER
And they'll all be signing autographs.

HOMER
Woohoo!

TV ANNOUNCER
This match will determine once and for all which nation is the greatest on earth - Mexico or Portugal!

BART & LISA
Can we go Dad, please Dad, Please Dad, can we go Dad, huh, huh, please?

HOMER
Yes, yes! Oh god, yes!!

------------------------------

The Simpsons arrive at the soccer stadium.

HOMER
Oh, I'll kill myself if Portugal doesn't win.

MARGE
It's hard to believe this used to be an internment camp.

BART
Yo, Paella man! Wing one up here!

The man throws him a bowl of paella, and Bart manages to catch it. Lisa notices Pele walking onto the pitch

LISA
Hey look! It's Pele!

PELE
Pele is king of the soccer field. To be king of your kitchen, use Crestfield wax paper.

He is handed a bag of money and walks off. The game starts, and the crowd cheers. The Mexican team kicks off, and pass it between them, again and again... and again... The crowd becomes quiet.

HOMER
Boring!

KRUSTY
Come on, you schnorrers, do something!

KENT BROCKMAN
(in a commentary booth, bored) Half back passes to the center, back to the wing, back to the center. Center holds it. Holds it. Holds it...

MEXICAN COMMENTATOR
(excitedly) Half back passes to center, back to wing, back to center! Center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!!

SIDESHOW MEL
I can't bear this any longer, I'm leaving.

madtiger2005 said:

Let me guess You will be in the cheap seats on level 3. Rather then my Level 1 front row Wing seats :) see you there :)

I'll be there...got me tickets likes 2 months ago...only 12 bucks too. Level 1, row A, just near the bench. Cant wait. I went last time it was in Australia, but sat in the back row of level 4 at the MCG. Had a great time but.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back