Whats going on

Remove this Banner Ad

robin kennedy

Debutant
Feb 23, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Forget the sides playing, how can 2 sides play a full game with a difference after the 100 minutes being less then a kick have such a glaring difference in free kicks. I would assume that overall play was fairly evenly contested, both sides being first or second to ball etc etc but the free kick differential is app 30%, it astounds me. Re the 50m penalty that was really 60 or 70, who knows. We can tell, via computer, how long they hit a golf ball, whether that ball was in Mr McEnroe, we use technology to decide whether it is a score, remember Brisbane. Why do we not have a light that shines on oval to mark the actual distance of the given penalty, add to the spectacle in the night games, heck we can even have some music to accompany the event.

Forget the sides playing, how can 2 sides play a full game with a difference after the 100 minutes being less then a kick have such a glaring difference in free kicks. I would assume that overall play was fairly evenly contested, both sides being first or second to ball etc etc but the free kick differential is app 30%, it astounds me. Re the 50m penalty that was really 60 or 70, who knows. We can tell, via computer, how long they hit a golf ball, whether that ball was in Mr McEnroe, we use technology to decide whether it is a score, remember Brisbane. Why do we not have a light that shines on oval to mark the actual distance of the given penalty, add to the spectacle in the night games, heck we can even have some music to accompany the event.
I've always thought the different coloured patches on the oval represent 10 meters respectively, which I have always assumed is how umpires are supposed to/do adjudicate how far a kick has gone and how far a 50 mtr penalty needs to be. I could definitely be wrong, as they may not be able to see the change in colour on the field like we can from a more birds eye view.

Pic for example: notice how the patch is the same length as the goal square? Yeah it just falls short of the 50mtr line but eh. Makes enough sense to me, so I'll keep believing it

9c3f5e7c0ec4b05acafcbcdd2f12c946

brilliant

I've always thought the different coloured patches on the oval represent 10 meters respectively, which I have always assumed is how umpires are supposed to/do adjudicate how far a kick has gone and how far a 50 mtr penalty needs to be. I could definitely be wrong, as they may not be able to see the change in colour on the field like we can from a more birds eye view.

Pic for example: notice how the patch is the same length as the goal square? Yeah it just falls short of the 50mtr line but eh. Makes enough sense to me, so I'll keep believing it

9c3f5e7c0ec4b05acafcbcdd2f12c946
The MCG is mown into 9m patches. Why 9? Who knows.

They could even have it sponsored (which I'm sure the AFL will be more than willing to do $$$$$$).

Because of the length of the field, it's divisible by 9.
number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9
number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL has been fingering us since 2017 not sure why everyone is surprised. Just accept it nothing you can do about it. Just hope the new admin and FD can get it right again

eric cartman performance GIF by South Park

number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9
number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9 number9

Hi Groupie_ alt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back