KPP Stocks - What We Have & What We May Need

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit harsh I would've thought.

Bradtke is averaging nearly 2 goals per game in the reserves this year in his first real crack at it.
Bauer has dominant periods in games and periods where he doesn't get near it. For Morris to say "contest work is as good as we have at the Club" is some big praise. Needs to improve his work rate.

I'd be giving both blokes another preseason for sure. Every MSD selection is speculative, I'd prefer we go guys with big upside than the safe Narkle type pick, who will never be more than depth.

Yet Narkle will play more games for Port this year than the Killer Bs will combine for in a career at senior level at Tigerland.

Spitballing here but... Ben Brown as a stop gap between JR8 and Ben King?

I imagine he'd come incredibly cheap at 30yo. Out of favour at the Dees with Goodloss preferring to play no one instead of him.

Rather him on 500 than HH 7 years @900
Funny GIF

Bradtke yes , BIGGY no. You keep these guys on a list if there’s linear improvement. BIGGY has plateaued and reached his ceiling.
Not too sure if he has plateaued or been starved of games

He does well at VFL level every challenge he has been given and has had injuries
Was very good defending then Rucking then unjured and comes back gets thrown up foward and kicks 2.7

22 years old 197 90 kgs (some are saying he is the same height as Nank)
I would give him another year and put 10kgs on him and give him a good run at it.

It's an extremely thin list. A lot of those probably won't make it, Balta is the only one of the young crop who's genuinely proved he's A grade material. Gibcus holds high hopes based on his attributes and draft position, but the rest relatively speaking haven't proven much.

Still, KPD looks a lot better than KPF stocks, so the focus must be getting a long term 7-12 years KPF as soon as we can.

Riewoldt will retire and Lynch wouldn't be too far away, and has a worrying injury history building.

Not too sure if he has plateaued or been starved of games

He does well at VFL level every challenge he has been given and has had injuries
Was very good defending then Rucking then unjured and comes back gets thrown up foward and kicks 2.7

22 years old 197 90 kgs (some are saying he is the same height as Nank)
I would give him another year and put 10kgs on him and give him a good run at it.
I don’t think he could put on 10kg of muscle ever in his lifetime let alone in a year mate. I think that’s also plateaued.
He,s the sad old story of an athlete and not a natural footballer. His attitude is all wrong as he looks disinterested, lazy and attacks contests with the heart of a mouse. Biggy Should be killing by now, but he’s just meandering along happy with a Rookie cheque.

as far as free agents go I can't see much to get excited about. I wouldn't mind HH but he won't be cheap. after watching st kilda the last two weeks its a hard pass on the King brothers aswell.
I had a look at some of the draft prospects this year, again not much there. i like the look of Coen Livingstone, he's 200cm and a beautiful kick, kicked 6 goals on the weekend. I expect he'll shoot up the boards as we get closer to the draft though. Jacob van Rooyen has a brother (Sam) who's not as highly rated but looks very similar. probably could get him with a second rounder. he actually kicks a bit better than his brother but that isn't saying much.

I don’t think he could put on 10kg of muscle ever in his lifetime let alone in a year mate. I think that’s also plateaued.
He,s the sad old story of an athlete and not a natural footballer. His attitude is all wrong as he looks disinterested, lazy and attacks contests with the heart of a mouse. Biggy Should be killing by now, but he’s just meandering along happy with a Rookie cheque.
The bits and pieces of games I've seen last year bigoa and Miller looked like they were playing the ruck KPD role well.
Soldo back in the team sends biggie back to the back line which is better position.

Biggie's one AFL game was also okay.

The game where he had 9 shots at goal showed something.

Not enough for promotion to the AFL team.

The bits and pieces of games I've seen last year bigoa and Miller looked like they were playing the ruck KPD role well.
Soldo back in the team sends biggie back to the back line which is better position.

Biggie's one AFL game was also okay.

The game where he had 9 shots at goal showed something.

Not enough for promotion to the AFL team.
He’s one game was ok, but in reality he hasn’t gotten any better. Interesting to see if he goes back now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back