Fixture Whose fixture was the hardest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fadge

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whose fixture was hardest? Pies defy odds, Dockers miss chance - Whose fixture was hardest? Pies defy odds, Dockers miss chance

So as I've always said, it is a waste of time assessing the relative difficulties of individual teams fixtures.

If you're good enough and a genuine premiership contender, you'll position yourself accordingly.

If you need a softer draw to sneak into the bottom half of the top 8, you're not doing any damage in September.

Factoring in the travel factor, Adelaide would pip Collingwood. In light of that, the Crows are a big chance to be next year’s Bolter

The problem with these articles is that depending when you played them for example Carlton were either chumps or champs, so even though they are a top 8 side at the end of the season they may not have been when certain teams played them.

As the OP mentioned if your good enough you make it no matter who you play.

The problem with these articles is that depending when you played them for example Carlton were either chumps or champs, so even though they are a top 8 side at the end of the season they may not have been when certain teams played them.

As the OP mentioned if your good enough you make it no matter who you play.
Indeed.

The Port Adelaide team that Carlton played, in Melbourne... was that team the equivalent of the 3rd best team in the comp?

Just another example.

I think we also played everyone at their best.
Carlton when they were 3-1-0.
St Kilda when they were 6-2.
Fully fit Richmond very early in the season who were still a decent team.
Western Bulldogs in Ballarat during their best streak/run of form.
Gold Coast in Darwin during their best run of form.
Geelong in Geelong during their best run of form.
Sydney in finals contention and not during their down patch.
Essendon before their collapse.

and that's without getting to the top 4 who we played twice in Collingwood, Brisbane and Port.

Along with being the highest scoring team and the goal post debacle, I really can't comprehend how we're not playing finals.

Having just seen an article doing the sums, apparently Collingwood had the toughest draw, but Adelaide had (by a substantial margin) the toughest draw relative to expectancy. The easiest draws relative to expectancy were Fremantle and Sydney.

and that's without getting to the top 4 who we played twice in Collingwood, Brisbane and Port.

Along with being the highest scoring team and the goal post debacle, I really can't comprehend how we're not playing finals.
Agree the Crom really should have won that Lions game with Lions having a 6 day’s break back from Perth I’m still surprised we hung on to that game

Teams that played NM & WC twice this year shouldn't feature in this thread at all. Bonus 16 premiership points and percentage boost just for showing up.

Port had a pretty tough draw considering our finishing position from last year.
Unless you're the Bulldogs and you only managed to snag 4 points from those two teams all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were playing like absolutely rubbish the whole first half of the season, don't let the 3-1-0 record fool you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back