Why are Port risking David Rodan's career?

Remove this Banner Ad

fryingpan

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Sep 16, 2004
Al Jumahiriyah al Arabiya
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team van Berlo, Sturt
So Rodan does his knee and Port opts to go for the LARS surgery to shorten his recovery time. Now, less than a year later, the LARS surgery has failed with the fraying of his artificial ligament after running.

Why do Port now decide to have the same surgery again? Why are they putting Rodan's career on the line? Because if it frays again in the next 12 or so months then you can just about write off Rodan's career.

What are Port supporters thoughts on this matter? And why do you think your club doesn't seem to care about the long term playing career of Rodan?

THis is gonna be good.

The Power Lemmings will get on and say how they are only fixing the fraying of the ligament, that was fixed lthe first time, not a full LARS procedure. As told by their clubs PR machine. Thing is LARS is used only when the ligament is partially disconnected(or frayed). Which is exactly what has happened to Rodan again.

This is, off course... completely honest, non trolling concern for a player's welfare right?

So,
if he gets up, and gets back into the team............and does it again. Then what??

Touchy one. Hope it comes off for him as he is one of the very few Poort players I dont mind.

Actually, there's bee hardly any Port threads lately - have a look at the first page of Bay 13.

Then when you're done doing that maybe you can look into the possibility of responding with something worthwhile

I thought that your signature was 'owned' until the end of the year, why have you changed it?

• Banned
This is, off course... completely honest, non trolling concern for a player's welfare right?

Yes, no one likes to see players get injured (except Asgardian) but the thread is asking why Port as a club as risking the career of one of their own (along with how s**t the LARS surgery is) - some answers would be great :thumbsu:

I thought that your signature was 'owned' until the end of the year, why have you changed it?

Wait a minute... the OP is a dirty welcher?

Why would anyone answer the bleatings of a known welcher?

So,
if he gets up, and gets back into the team............and does it again. Then what??

Touchy one. Hope it comes off for him as he is one of the very few Poort players I dont mind.

It's true. He seems like a genuine person off the field and on the field he annoys me which just tells me how exciting a player he is. So I find it odd that Port are putting his career on the line just for a quicker recovery. He's only 27 as well, not like next year is gonna be his last.

My signature has been owned by Asgardian ever since the showdown this year and he's filled it with stupid, unfunny garbage. Celebrating the career ending injury just topped off what a bitter bastard he is, so I'll have my signature back thanks :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My signature has been owned by Asgardian ever since the showdown this year and he's filled it with stupid, unfunny garbage. Celebrating the career ending injury just topped off what a bitter bastard he is, so I'll have my signature back thanks :)

It's lucky that you were allowed to start a thread whilst being a welcher:thumbsu:

It's lucky that you were allowed to start a thread whilst being a welcher:thumbsu:

He hadn't changed it for 3 months - even he had forgotten.

But play on, I'd rather take back ownership of my online sig a month early than celebrate career ending knee injuries :)

PS. Feel free to actually address the thread topic :thumbsu:

Hmmmm

Young has concerns about how much bone is drilled away in the procedure, making a second reconstruction more complicated if the ligament fails. He also questioned the speed at which LARS recipients start running, warning it was a recipe for premature arthritis.

"You've got to have articular cartilage or you'll get arthritis and we know that the joint fluid and the articular cartilage doesn't get back to anywhere near normal for about 12 to 16 weeks - you shouldn't be rushing back," Young said.

"I don't start any athlete running for 16 weeks. That's my absolute first rule. You do a LARS ligament and have them running at six to eight weeks again, you're inviting premature arthritis of the knee. I won't do it for the young guys."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/serious-warning-on-lars-surgery/story-e6frf9jf-1225903656564

Rodan was back running within a month of having surgery and was ready to play by round one of the SANFL season.

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=101192

He hadn't changed it for 3 months - even he had forgotten.

But play on, I'd rather take back ownership of my online sig a month early than celebrate career ending knee injuries :)

PS. Feel free to actually address the thread topic :thumbsu:

Welcher:thumbsdown:
You want the respect of an answer to your op but you don't command repect by being a welcher!

Welcher:thumbsdown:
You want the respect of an answer to your op but you don't command repect by being a welcher!

Have a cry Jumbo, this is an internet forum. The seasons over, he filled it with s**t, forgot about it, then also cried when he realised I changed it. Now answer the question or GTFO and go celebrate injuries with Asgardian whilst crying.

Have a cry Jumbo, this is an internet forum. The seasons over, he filled it with s**t, forgot about it, then also cried when he realised I changed it. Now answer the question or GTFO and go celebrate injuries with Asgardian whilst crying.

When have I ever done that?

Oh, so now you want *me* to answer *your* questions?

Lol, Jumbo doesn't welch, as such he has the respect of the bay and his questions are taken and answered in good faith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back