Why do people leave?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sometimes there are days when you just can't stand hearing the opposition song being played - some of them are that bad!!!! Only gone "early" twice - usually it is stick it out to the end stuff.

Norf game last week I was there with my 3 offspring, TJTIGER and peejay - managed to stay til the siren went but gave the boys the cold shoulder real quick to get out of there and get the kids in the car and back to Ballarat. Two years ago against the same buggers in the rain the kids and I left our seats prior to the siren for the same reason (actually heading to the airport that time) - did hear the siren as we started down the stairs. But can understand why people with other commitments and problems need to get out early.

Let me just clarify that TJTIGER and myself are not WATIGE's offspring in case anyone read it that way !!!!

I recall a few years back, 2009?, Richmond v Brisbane at Etihad on a Saturday Night. 3 minutes before 3 qtr time I think we were down by 33 points, and the mass exodus started, we had to win the game to keep our finals chances alive that season. We kicked a goal late in the 3rd and at 3 qtr time were down by 4-5 goals. My mate said let's leave but I chose to stay behind. We witnessed one the best quarters of the season for the Tigers, Richo came to life, Tambling fired (? yep not a misprint), and Joel Bowden, "for the second week in a row....", kicked the goal to put us in front at the 32 minute mark. We held on to record a memorable victory.

Great game, the last 10 minutes was just electric.

I just imagine what all those supporters must have been feeling heading home at 3 qtr time, listening to the great comeback, probably quite sick. Glad I stayed! :D

Yep great game I was there for that one too & the way the crowd roared, especially belting out the song was GREAT ! Easy to forget that Richard passed that ball down How's throat. I still have a soft spot for Richard. A big part in the reason Tigers have a great new facility.

Let me just clarify that TJTIGER and myself are not WATIGE's offspring in case anyone read it that way !!!!
Read

HaHaHa good call peejay ! Good to meet you all. Cheers

A few members in the section I sit in left after the crap umpiring in the third quarter. The Tuck "free kick" was the last straw for them. There was a few that did leave when we were three goals down, but I stayed until the end. Decided by the bounce of the ball, and we ran out of luck. Of ALL the teams, our supporters stay to the end more than others.

Leaving the North game when it got to 3 goals was just very bad judgement. No way would a decent supporter leave that game in that situation, and risk missing a last-second win (which almost happened). I've left games early before but only when a comeback was impossible.

What's the point in following footy if you don't allow yourself to be there when the amazing moment happens (and there's been so many of them over the years - Brisbane 08, a good example).

Anyone remember Wiley's two late ones against North, Rd 21 1980?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back