Why I hate GF Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I was really barracking for the Hawks today. But I wish the Dogs would win a Grand Final in my life time.

I have been a Hawks man and member for many years. I know Hawks fans will call me a traitor, but for all the bullies fans good luck and may you win the 2009 Premiership Cup. (karma of course will help us win a three peat from 2010 to 2012 - will settle for that just for you long suffering guys):thumbsu::eek:

I hate to say it, but how many chances do you need? Collingwood always had supporters growing on trees, i'm afraid some clubs just don't.

What do you want? Financial help? For how long? Why?

From a purely business perspective, we have X amount of clubs that are viable, and Y amount that aren't.

As harsh as it is i'll say it again, my team isn't one of the have-nots, do I feel sorry for them? Or rejoice in the people power that makes my team strong?

well the broadcasting networks seem to think it's important to keep them around:cool: would you be happy to attend 2-3 less away games in melbourne per year if these clubs were to go out of existance?

At this stage, Id be more worried about the 2 new financial sponges that the AFL seem so hell bent on creating, they are going to spend 100's of millions on them and even then, there's no F**king gaurentee!..and people complain about throwing 6 mill per year at melbourne/nth/f'cray....at least they had a hand in creating what we have today!

I don't want to argue about this anymore. I accept I am whinging but again, I have every right to whinge. I'm putting my money out there for the sake of the club I love and doing everything I can.

I can see where you are coming from too. But the league isnt all about the money. (well it is but the spirit of the game says otherwise)

My original post was just saying it isn't fair that we cop all the blame for us.

I cop s**t for 130 years of crap. How much am I PERSONALLY to blame for that?

Even in the last 20 years. I personally didn't go on the field in 97 and squib in the grand final.

I didn't choke against Sydney in 2005 (BTW, the only true choke in our recent history - rebut to that if you will biut I have counter-arguments for anything else you consider a choke recently)

My original argument was I didn't do it - why am I responisble?

That was all I was trying to say.

If someone is going to have a go at me over an internet forum for that, I think I'm entitled to have a little whinge.

one last thing, I know how proud you are of being a supporter of a a wealthy, successful club and I think that's good for you and all but I am just as proud of my club.

Sure, we haven't achieved anything, but i love this club so much and despite our shitty history, nothing ANYONE says will deter me from admitting how much I love being a St Kilda supporter and how I wouldn't change it for ANYTHING in the world.

let's face it - who would?

What I hate about GF day is that members dont have enough ticket allocation thanks to corperates and the fact there is allocation towards teams not playing on GF day

Sure you need some corperates but that should be for AFL and club sponsors of the two teams only and the share should be greater towards the fans.

Its not that hard to fix surely

Well, I have just seen Hawthorn play in another Grand Final which they won.

I gotta say, after barracking for the Bulldogs all my life, I am sick and tired of seeing everyone elses teams playing on Grand Final Day. Christ it must be nice to be part of GF week.

I was sitting here tonight, once again contemplating whether I would ever see the Bulldogs play in a GF and realised that every team in the AFL (except Fremantle) had played in a Grand Final since 1980 .... except for the Bulldogs who have waited since 1961 ... when Hawthorn won their first flag.

Since that year, Hawthorn have played in 14 Grand Finals and won 9 premierships.

I really do hate GF day each year because all I want is for my team to be part of it.

Hawthrorn people do not realise just how lucky they are. I was at a party today with several Hawks fans but not one of them were actual members. This really pisses me off as I have been a loyal and fully paid memeber of the Bulldogs for years but have not received anywhere near to rewards that Hawthorn supporters have been given.

Football is very unjust!

I feel your pain, try being a swans fans prior to 2005. It was always the same and the sight of watching the same fans celebrate their team winning the flag used to annoy me. Heck in 2005 i questioned many times will we ever break the 72 year drought..try following a team who hasnt won a flag since the depression. It was downright hurtful and embarrasing but you kicked on with that hope.

But when it happens i can guarantee you all those years of pain and hope will be erased and that pain will dissapear so quickly, espcecially when it happens out of no where, as it did in 2005. No one gaves us hope and mid season it seemed much of the same. Then the Geelong game and apaprt from the last 15 minutes, it felt like it was going to be 73 years.

It will happen for the dogs soon IMHO and when it happens i'll be there celebrating with the dogs and cheering them on as it will be the sweetest day when yet another drought is broken and it couldnt happen to a nicer and humble club.

woof wooof chin up!

:thumbsu:

Well, I have just seen Hawthorn play in another Grand Final which they won.

I gotta say, after barracking for the Bulldogs all my life, I am sick and tired of seeing everyone elses teams playing on Grand Final Day. Christ it must be nice to be part of GF week.

This is Hawthorns first GF since 1991 which is a fact not lost on any Hawks fans that were there yesterday. It was a great feeling all week and something that i hope you get to experience soon:thumbsu:

....just a tip to help the Bulldogs out......stop drafting running athletic short people and draft a power forward or hard nuts like Lewis and Hodge;)

I'll agree with you on this one.
I'm not old enough to have experienced a Carlton Grand Final, that I have been passionately involved with.
I almost shed a tear when Crawf got awared his premiership medal. If my team were there instead I dont know how I'd react when Jamison gets awarded his last, or when Grigga runs up to collect his.
Its one day I cant wait for.

Who the hell are Jamison and Grigga? They some new rookies or something?

Couldn't agree with you more. Grand Final day hasn't really excited me because my team's never been there. You have all these people celebrating because their team won or disappointed because their team lost but what they don't realise is that there's people who would kill to experience those emotions on Grand Final day, instead of sitting back and finding a neutral team to follow because god it sucks

I'd take the "feeling" of 04-08 over 02-03 any day of the week.

GF day sucks more if your team's in it and they lose. Especially if you haven't seen them win one in ages. Trust me.

I'd take the "feeling" of 04-08 over 02-03 any day of the week.

GF day sucks more if your team's in it and they lose. Especially if you haven't seen them win one in ages. Trust me.

Yep. Just hit me I've seen us in 6 Grand Finals in my lifetime...for only 1 win. Losing a prelim is more a feeling of what-if. Sad, but at least you can feel proud of the effort, and the focus is immediately on the winners about to play off. Losing a GF is just way too painful...you can feel proud later but at the time it's shattering. This year, my main thought as I left the pub was "Thank god for last year" rather than a lame feeling of "There's always next year".

I do feel for the OP though and the rest of the doggies supporters. You do have to get there to actually have the chance to win it. It would be nice to see them get in one soon to at least enjoy the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back