Will Liverpool win their next title before Arsenal?

Remove this Banner Ad

GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Both clubs are currently the biggest embarrassments of the EPL for different reasons. Liverpool have made some incredibly stupid managerial appointments and bought Andy Carroll for 35 million pounds, whereas Arsenal have officially become a feeder club for Manchester City, Barcelona and Manchester United, selling all of their best players to those clubs, and thus, throwing out any slim prospect of them winning any trophies.

Hard to see either of these terrible clubs winning a title any time soon, but at least the dippers are actually trying to build something (and miserably failing), whereas Arsenal just keep getting worse. Plenty of delusional Arsenal supporters actually think they've improved this season (lol), despite recently selling their two best players from last season, van Persie and Song to their parent clubs, but after their first two matches, both ending without Woolwich scoring, it's pretty clear their chances of winning a trophy this season are about as high as the possibility Theo Walcott becoming the world class player he was supposed to be.

I look forward to their match on the weekend. No doubt it will be a terrible match, but it's certain to create false hope for at least one of these miserable clubs.

• Banned
Yet they've won a combined 19 titles since your peon of a club was last relevant.

Ah, typical Liverpool supporter, bringing up history, it's all you can do nowadays, isn't it?

For what it's worth, we haven't won as many trophies because we haven't been able to compete financially (this will change once the new stadium is finished), but really, the fact that we've finished above your rabble 3 consecutive times, despite our financial restrains, should be a good indication as to how pathetic your club has become.

So you bring up history after bagging me for bringing it up? lolz. A worthy comment perhaps if your club actually have present success, which you don't.

At the end of the day we got more out of last year than you did.

Hopefully your current poor start continues, you will disappear even quicker from this board than you did last season.

• Banned
So you bring up history after bagging me for bringing it up? lolz. A worthy comment perhaps if your club actually have present success, which you don't.

At the end of the day we got more out of last year than you did.

Hopefully your current poor start continues, you will disappear even quicker from this board than you did last season.

Bagging you? Don't be silly, I just said it was typical hearing that from a Liverpool supporter, and it is. Should I explain what 'typical' means, buddy?

I also wouldn't be so sure you got more out of last season than we did. You won a meaningless trophy, but in the end you finished far below us on the table, and even ended up below Everton. Adding to that, you brought in a few overpaid hacks like Charlie Adam, which has affected your spending this summer. Your club really is a wreck at the moment.

GB please make a "Liverpool are scared thread" - we could do with a kick start to our season.
How can you be scared when you've already deluded yourselves into thinking that this will be your year?

I'll rest easy in the knowledge that GB and the rest of his merry band of Tottenham supporters are enjoying what will be a very short period of "success" before their overachievement on the back of the Redknapp effect subsides, leading to their inevitable slide back down the table (that's if you can even call scraping two 4th place finishes in 3 years a success, which if I'm not mistaken is as good as it's been for nearly half a century for Spurs fans? Now that's embarrassing). I find it interesting you didn't include Spurs in your 'who will win the league next' comparison, but I think we both know the answer. You'll be an old, old man before your team comes within a country mile of the league title, but I suppose you guys celebrate finishing 4th like you'd won the league anyway so I doubt that will bother you too much.

Liverpool and Arsenal have had relatively tough times recently, but they will not last. Get these threads in while you can GB, 3 years of mediocrity on Merseyside is nothing compared to 50 long barren years at White Hart Lane. Here's to 50 more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When you look at the competition the spending of Man City and Chelsea really have put them well ahead in the title race for some years to come not to mention the talent at Man United.
It could be a number of years before either side can rise to the levels of these sides, so really determining which club will next win the title first is a huge guess.

I really like what Rodgers is doing at Liverpool. It's in stark contrast to King Kenny, who had been out of football for 15 years, in which time English football had gone forward a LONG way.

I think people should be careful before criticizing Arsenal. They are an actual profitable club, and aren't in zillions of dollars of debt. Remember that whole GFC thing? Once the music stops, those clubs that are in horrendous financial positions will be screwed (or at best bailed out). Think of Rangers, Leeds, Portsmouth etc. that have already had this happen.

Ah, this thread.

As expected, both teams are still rabble & showing no signs of getting better. Once again, I can safely say both have a 0% chance of winning the title next season.

Just like your team :)
Nah, when you have a guy like Gareth Bale in the team, anything's possible. We did look like poo last season, but we'll improve.

The Bin Dippers on the other hand, well, lose Suarez & once again, the road only goes down. Will be even worse if you sell him to top 4 rivals Woolwich.

Nah, when you have a guy like Gareth Bale in the team, anything's possible. We did look like poo last season, but we'll improve.

The Bin Dippers on the other hand, well, lose Suarez & once again, the road only goes down. Will be even worse if you sell him to top 4 rivals Woolwich.
Bale is almost as good as Suarez so we know what's it like to have someone even better.

Liverpool do have 0% chance of winning the league this season. I can admit that. Can you admit that Spurs share the same 0% chance.

Bale is almost as good as Suarez so we know what's it like to have someone even better.

Liverpool do have 0% chance of winning the league this season. I can admit that. Can you admit that Spurs share the same 0% chance.
Of course he can't. He's the most one eyed fan you'll ever see.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back