Preview Williamstown v Box Hill @ Willy Sat 29 May 2pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor effort from a side containing Ladson, Stokes, Kayler-Thomson, Morton, Dowler, Milne, Savage, Suckling, Muston, Schoenmakers & Moss!!!

No Liam Shiels - late change for tomorrow? He may be handy if the predicted rain comes.

Tuck, Lowden, Grimley & Duryea played in the seconds win.

Poor effort from a side containing Ladson, Stokes, Kayler-Thomson, Morton, Dowler, Milne, Savage, Suckling, Muston, Schoenmakers & Moss!!!

No Liam Shiels - late change for tomorrow? He may be handy if the predicted rain comes.

Tuck, Lowden, Grimley & Duryea played in the seconds win.

Thanks Rudi, extremely poor.

Laddo was really poor. Morton played in the back half, actually played better than usual, but still less than average. Moss for me was poor as was suckers and stokes.

Shoey was solid.

I think liam shiels is the 'spare' player for tomorrow.

Thanks all for the reports. Disappointing to read after such a fantastic start to the year.

Glad to see the development squad seems to be tearing to shreds everything in its path lately though.

It must've been blowing an absolute gale by the looks of the scores - huge for one end (us first+third, them 2nd+last).

Lets hope the hawks put in a better effort tomorrow.

Maybe things will start to look up if Box Hill listed players like Luke Ablett, Stevie Kenna & Ryan Jackson return and replace some of the underperforming Hawk listed players?

Hi Guys, As I touched on earlier, today was extremely dissapointing, in fact a insipid performance from a team including 12 HFC listed players.

Jordan Roughead was BOG for me by a country mile and it was funny seeing the little fat kid Nathan Eagleton playing for the 'towners'. Everitt also played. Well, they ripped us to shreds, especially in the last quarter.

Positives:

Musto - attacked the ball and was strong, rang hard all day from the HBF and kicked long when in possession. Well done.

Shoey - Solid game, not a high possession game, however done his job. Was inspiration in the 3rd term when he sprinted 20 m off his man to spoil a loose player. As i say, was not high possession and therefore did not rebound as much as usual

Punky - he is a star, period.

Now the rest i will describe and you can form your own conclusion

Morton - played at and around half back and on the wing in stints, played ok, but again did not look comfortable

Milne - welcome back, played wing for some unknown reason, was quiet.

Moss - poor

stokes, savage, KT, Laddo - refer to assessment of Moss. These guys should be doing more, and are just not pulling their weight

Lisle - very good kicked a couple and done well, not bad in the ruck. Shared the ruck with peddo, and roughhead dominated both of them, lisle looked good up forward as usual

Suckers - I am his biggest fan, and he is playing bad. They are pushing for him to play the guerra role however, his defensive skills are just not good enough. This role is limiting his creativity that was so obvious last year. Just not good enough

Laddo - well just not good enough, poor work rate, poor tackling and finished the game at Full forward. He will struggle to get a game if he continues with todays performance

Dowler - Save the best for last. Well, again his biggest fan, so i will present the opinions of my 62 year old father to ensure i donot criticise growler. some quotes from my old man to assist:

"use your body dowler, don't let him push you out of it"

"he is a pretender, he is chasing at half pace, just to look like he is chasing"

"Chase dowler F&%kin chase"

"Believe, Believe!!"

I will leave it at that. Again, my old man is 62, and he was very dissapointed with his performance today. He played forward today, which was good to see, and my father (again using my dad) was mystified as to why he played FB for two weeks.

Young Growler is suffering from a severe lack of confidence, and lack of belief from that thing tickering above his shoulder. My dad said his workrate was poor, his leading was non-existent, and when the ball came inside 50 he was in the wrong position, and did not run hard enough. He played the last 15 mins at HB and got some touches.

Again, i am dowlers biggest fan, however, he is not helping himself and the club has not helped him just throwing in from ruck to win to back to forward in recent weeks.

Growler needs to play forward for the next 6 weeks, be given certain KPIs and wear a GPS to measure intensity. I love the kid, but, we need to save him before its too late.

KPIs include:
- number of tackles
- marks inside 50
- no of leads
- score
- distance travelled at different speeds i.e sprints/ jog

and whateva else.

Need him to work on his running and positioning immediately.

Again, there is a lot of frustration in todays performance, and as i say the dowlers observations are my dad's.

Insipid performance!!!

Note, kenna and ablett still not playing.

how do you think the development squad went?

I did not get there for the development squad unfortunately, however, would love to have been there.

Lowden got through ok, as i said 2 months ago, he is no longer STIX, he is a big 206cm 19yr old. anyone provide a report please?

Tucky played and well as duryea and grimley.

Hi Guys, As I touched on earlier, today was extremely dissapointing, in fact a insipid performance from a team including 12 HFC listed players.

Jordan Roughead was BOG for me by a country mile and it was funny seeing the little fat kid Nathan Eagleton playing for the 'towners'. Everitt also played. Well, they ripped us to shreds, especially in the last quarter.

Positives:

Musto - attacked the ball and was strong, rang hard all day from the HBF and kicked long when in possession. Well done.

Shoey - Solid game, not a high possession game, however done his job. Was inspiration in the 3rd term when he sprinted 20 m off his man to spoil a loose player. As i say, was not high possession and therefore did not rebound as much as usual

Punky - he is a star, period.

Now the rest i will describe and you can form your own conclusion

Morton - played at and around half back and on the wing in stints, played ok, but again did not look comfortable

Milne - welcome back, played wing for some unknown reason, was quiet.

Moss - poor

stokes, savage, KT, Laddo - refer to assessment of Moss. These guys should be doing more, and are just not pulling their weight

Lisle - very good kicked a couple and done well, not bad in the ruck. Shared the ruck with peddo, and roughhead dominated both of them, lisle looked good up forward as usual

Suckers - I am his biggest fan, and he is playing bad. They are pushing for him to play the guerra role however, his defensive skills are just not good enough. This role is limiting his creativity that was so obvious last year. Just not good enough

Laddo - well just not good enough, poor work rate, poor tackling and finished the game at Full forward. He will struggle to get a game if he continues with todays performance

Dowler - Save the best for last. Well, again his biggest fan, so i will present the opinions of my 62 year old father to ensure i donot criticise growler. some quotes from my old man to assist:

"he is a pretender, he is chasing at half pace, just to look like he is chasing"

"Believe, Believe!!"

I will leave it at that. Again, my old man is 62, and he was very dissapointed with his performance today. He played forward today, which was good to see, and my father (again using my dad) was mystified as to why he played FB for two weeks.

Young Growler is suffering from a severe lack of confidence, and lack of belief from that thing tickering above his shoulder. My dad said his workrate was poor, his leading was non-existent, and when the ball came inside 50 he was in the wrong position, and did not run hard enough. He played the last 15 mins at HB and got some touches.

Again, i am dowlers biggest fan, however, he is not helping himself and the club has not helped him just throwing in from ruck to win to back to forward in recent weeks.

Growler needs to play forward for the next 6 weeks, be given certain KPIs and wear a GPS to measure intensity. I love the kid, but, we need to save him before its too late.

KPIs include:
- number of tackles
- marks inside 50
- no of leads
- score

and whateva else.

Again, there is a lot of frustration in todays performance, and as i say the dowlers observations are my dad's.

Insipid performance!!!

I was there for the 2nd half and I'm with your Dad. He saw it, you saw it, and I saw it. He is miles from getting a game in the ones.

well i was and had a look so i can provide a report but i left halfway through the 3rd quarter. ill just post on what i thought of the listed players.

duryea - thought he played really well, and deserved his best on ground. he has a pretty big tank and kept running all day. his disposal could improve but im putting that down to the dewy conditions and breeze in the morning. deserves to get back into the 1's. 9/10

grimley - swapped in the ruck and full forward all day. he has a fantastic leap, no question about it. but it looked like he was a little one dimensional. he can outleap all of his opponents but once they figured that out he just got pushed off the ball pretty easily. he is still young and has plenty of time to develop. kicked an easy goal which was good when he was in the fwd line. 5.5/10

tuck - didnt get much gametime but he did well. goes in hard but needs to improve his disposal efficiency. he looked a little rusty but thats what you expect for someone who has been out as long as he has. good game. 6.5/10

lowden - also didnt get much gametime. just played ruck the whole game for short spells. had a good first half but went missing in the final two qrts - predominatley due to him being on the bench. got a lot of hitouts and thought he did quite well around the ground when he was on. 6.5/10

did anyone else see the game? your thoughts?

oops forgot about sierakowski. not his best game, goes missing a lot. he has a good clean set of hands and this was prominent around the ruck contests. just needs to get in the game more. 4.5/10

MB - yes, i agree with you and my father. I just don't get it!!! so bloody frustrating. a few members of the crowd (Hawks supporters) were getting into him, not pleasant

BB - dude, arn't you supposed to be in nth london per your avatar?

nah, only kidding.

did you think lowden was mobile? this is really his first major game, he hardly played last year. i watched him train in the pre-season he is very mobile for a big fella, so if he can dispose of the ball well and ruck (which i don't think will be a problem given his height), he will be a star!!

Yeah i thought he was mobile, he gets down well for someone so tall. in the first half he was getting 10 mins a quarter and as a result was getting a bit of the ball. but in the second this was reduced to 5 so it was a bit harder for him to get in the game. he's a left footer and has a very decent kick on him. i thought he did a but more around the ground in the ruck than grimley but in saying that grimley really played forward most of the day with the box hill ff (dont know his name) also taking on a lot of the rucking duties.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took the girls and the missus down to the game for the second half, but ended up leaving about 15 minutes into the last quarter when it was clear the Seagulls would run out comfortable winners.

Schoey looked real good in the back half. Gets involved, does the hard yards and has a booming kick. Looks very comfortable at the VFL level and will learn a lot from having an extended run in the magoos. Unless injury or suspension intervenes, he should spend most of the year in the VFL learning how to play as a defender. Has the tools but needs time to put it all together.

Stokes alternated between half-forward and midfield. Kicked the first goal of the last quarter with an intelligent crumb off the pack but the ball hardly got down to the forward line in the last quarter for him to have any effect.

Moss was good inside. Very vocal and has a presence at the Box Hill level.

Last time out, it was Dowler playing full back. This time, it was Muston on Little. Muston gave Little some lip in the third quarter (which was repaid in kind by the Willie faithful) when Little failed to take clean possession, but playing Muston off the last line of defence negates his only real asset, being his long, booming kick.

Morton also was playing in the back half today. Didn't see him do a whole lot and I can't see him being in contention for senior selection any time soon.

Moose Lisle played as ruck, deep forward or off the bench and did very little, IMO.

Ladson seems to have lost all his pace. Seemed really to be struggling to keep up with his Willy opponents. Again, didn't impose himself sufficiently on the game to warrant elevation back to the senior side on form. Worrying signs from what I saw for Laddo.

Dowler has no future at the Hawthorn Football Club. Does not know when and where to lead and when he does it, it was very half-hearted. Did not demand the ball at all. Rucked in the forward line but was ineffective at that. In the three quarters of the second half that I saw, he barely got an effective touch.

Bruest was our most damaging and dangerous forward. Shows a lot of promise.

Couldn't see Shiels out there today. Might be the designated emergency for tomorrow.

Clarkson and Barker were at Point Gellibrand today. Clarkson stood just next to the goals at the western end of the ground. Barker (with his daughter) was around from Clarkson. Barker left about 5 minutes before I did.

"Believe, Believe!!"

KPIs include:
- number of tackles
- marks inside 50
- no of leads
- score

and whateva else.

Insipid performance!!!

Hey Go Hawks - I am the same age as your old man and guess what?????

I agree

Very rarely would I put this to print - but I have had enough.

Re Kenna & Ablett they are sadly missed - both probally a month away.

getting mixed signals he hawkers with one post saying that the radio said moss cleary box hill best then another post saying he was poor seems to be 2 different versions

getting mixed signals he hawkers with one post saying that the radio said moss cleary box hill best then another post saying he was poor seems to be 2 different versions

This usually occurs when people express their opinions

Dowler up forward appeared to be due to BH’s regular ruckman, Renton, being out of the team. This resulted in Cam Pederson in the ruck, Schoey in defence and Lisle forward/back-up ruckman. Interesting that Lisle seems to spend little time in defence these days.

Not Dowler’s best day, really lacking confidence and spark. Frustrating to watch, as he doesn’t do his chances for promotion any good, and with Franklin’s report there might have been the chance of an opportunity.

Curnow went off in the last quarter with a shoulder injury, hopefully he’s right for next week, is an important player.

Dont know if anyone saw Dowler go into the point post in the first.... cannoned into it, made a very very nasty sound.... word is that he was very very sore.... (ie hip) was looking good till then crashed a couple of packs and kicked a goal, then slowed right down. happened right in front of me.... i cant be critcal i thought he was snapped in 2!

Dont know if anyone saw Dowler go into the point post in the first.... cannoned into it, made a very very nasty sound.... word is that he was very very sore.... (ie hip) was looking good till then crashed a couple of packs and kicked a goal, then slowed right down. happened right in front of me.... i cant be critcal i thought he was snapped in 2!

This perhaps shines a different light on his performance.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back