Wimmera League 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Warriors added the final piece to the puzzle signing Northern Territory Wanderers premier league centre half back Mitchell Taylor for season 2024 another big get. Best on ground in the rep match up there in 2022.

Any new pictures of the new city oval development in Horsham? Council has been slack
There is money floating around due to the cancellation of the 2026 Commonwealth Games ... they are going after it. Nhill going after money too for their ground. Kaniva already received money for their ground for lighting I believe. It blows me away how much all these projects cost (hundreds & hundreds of thousands and even into the millions) although I'm not in the building/construction business!

There is money floating around due to the cancellation of the 2026 Commonwealth Games ... they are going after it. Nhill going after money too for their ground. Kaniva already received money for their ground for lighting I believe. It blows me away how much all these projects cost (hundreds & hundreds of thousands and even into the millions) although I'm not in the building/construction business!
With he cost of materials and labour it doesn't get as far as it otherwise would. But good to see the money going to the Wimmera. The new city oval development should be the 'jewel in the crown' of the Wimmera. Idk if it's been discussed but a pre season AFL games and even an AFLW regular game should be on the cards. Hamiltons managed it. The Horsham Demons club rooms are they going to be knocked down or renovated? Even though it's 2 story it's pretty rough

With he cost of materials and labour it doesn't get as far as it otherwise would. But good to see the money going to the Wimmera. The new city oval development should be the 'jewel in the crown' of the Wimmera. Idk if it's been discussed but a pre season AFL games and even an AFLW regular game should be on the cards. Hamiltons managed it. The Horsham Demons club rooms are they going to be knocked down or renovated? Even though it's 2 story it's pretty rough
Yeah, there's that little thing called "inflation" I still need to get my head around :rolleyes:

That is the article I read (I know it's not about City Oval specifically which was your original question).

I didn't know about Hamilton scoring preseason AFL(W) games ... that's good news for them. Now that IS a big project down there ... we're talking ~$8million per the shire website.

Really good footy to start the season in very hot and taxing conditions down at north park yesterday . Apart from both sides missing some really easy chances at goal it was a really good game of football to watch both very fierce at the contest.
It really could have gone either way, the warriors recruits looked really good in particular Josh Fowkes in the ruck, plenty of marks around the ground and got him self involved in plenty of passages of play.
Ararat still looked very slick and sharp and really could have ran over the warriors in the final quarter with some more accurate kicking at goal.

The most under used ground in the Wimmera. Years before any major works are completed at City Oval. The netball pavilion has been sent to tender twice and come back well over budget. Now out for a 3rd time with some local builders not wasting there time again. The new stage looks impressive but has no change rooms, toliet facilities etc. The oval is used for 4 hours a week on Saturday afternoons during Summer. Demons can't event train on it.

The most under used ground in the Wimmera. Years before any major works are completed at City Oval. The netball pavilion has been sent to tender twice and come back well over budget. Now out for a 3rd time with some local builders not wasting there time again. The new stage looks impressive but has no change rooms, toliet facilities etc. The oval is used for 4 hours a week on Saturday afternoons during Summer. Demons can't event train on it.
Happened to be in town yesterday and had a look. The netball courts directly behind the goals posts is going to cause big issues. The net they have up will work most of the time but the footy is bound to go over it and hit some little netball kid in the head

Happened to be in town yesterday and had a look. The netball courts directly behind the goals posts is going to cause big issues. The net they have up will work most of the time but the footy is bound to go over it and hit some little netball kid in the head
Yeah, that's stupid too. Most grounds these days have the football and netball away from each other. Can also see the netball whistle being an issue with the courts so close to the oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back