Multiplat Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 14, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon

new game trailer from Team Ninja who recently have made the Nioh games. This looks quite similar which can only be a good thing imo

"the company is returning to the Soulslike genre with its current monopoly on video game adaptations of the famous 14th-century novel "Romance of the Three Kingdoms." The entry will take even further creative license with the historical setting than the bombastic drama in the "Dynasty Warriors" franchise, throwing demons into the mix of the collapsing empire and the onset of all-out war.

Players will take on the role of a nameless, desolate soldier in accordance with Soulslike conventions instead of an up-and-coming military leader as is the norm with video game adaptations of "Three Kingdoms." The story will revolve around "a militia soldier's strenuous fight for survival" rather than any grand attempt to unify a fractured empire, establishing an intriguing foundation for what a bleak, character-driven narrative will look like in the traditionally politics-driven high fantasy world."

So, shifting to China from Japan to take different narratives and base on different culture & myths.

I hope they differ gameplay & systems enough from Nioh to make its own thing. even though Nioh is my favourite soulslike series

Last edited:

Oh s**t. For some reason I thought this was second half of the year. Great!

Really crept up on me too. So many games coming out the moment forcing me to actually prioritise for the first time in years. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get onto this week 1 but at least I'm building a nice backlog of new games for the next couple months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back