Women's state league

Remove this Banner Ad

You'd assume that the Spurs will be aligned with Footscary. At least we don't have Carlton piggy backing on us & Melbourne.

Darebin Falcons are the team that we should want to be affiliated with but probably won't happen because of location. They have won 8 out of the last 11 premierships and wear red, white and blue.

Darebin Falcons are the team that we should want to be affiliated with but probably won't happen because of location. They have won 8 out of the last 11 premierships and wear red, white and blue.
And for purely vested reasons, my old team, started with them way back when they were the Fairfield Falcons. I would be stoked if they were aligned to us. Unfortunately though geography will stand in the way of that. Wouldn't surprise me if they remain stand alone, they are one of the stalwarts of the VWFL.

And for purely vested reasons, my old team, started with them way back when they were the Fairfield Falcons. I would be stoked if they were aligned to us. Unfortunately though geography will stand in the way of that. Wouldn't surprise me if they remain stand alone, they are one of the stalwarts of the VWFL.

My old team as well.

You'd think so, if the AFL were fair and equitable, however it will come down to who they believe will make them the most money and allegedly generate the "most interest". At the end of the day regardless of the investment the dogs and Dee's have done in the initial stages, I wouldn't be surprised one iota if the women's teams in vic were Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues, Bombers, Collingwood, Crows, WCE and Port all want female teams

Blues, Magpies and Bombers can get ****ed. Demons & the Bulldogs did all of the groundwork to get this set up and now the big clubs want to swoop in and lay claim to a team because there is now a league being set up.

Anyone heading out to the Womens comp talent search day at Whitten Oval tomorrow?
From the AFL website: Whitten Oval 9am-2.30pm Saturday, January 23

Looking good for us that it is being held in Footscray.

Assuming for a minute that we are granted a womans league team, would people on here be prepared to support it financially with an add-on to the membership or a separate membership package similar to our VFL team one?
How much, and how much would be too much?

Assuming for a minute that we are granted a womans league team, would people on here be prepared to support it financially with an add-on to the membership or a separate membership package similar to our VFL team one?

It will be a separate entity with its own revenue flows and win/loss results.

I'm assuming the club will give discount to members as an add on but also assume some people will simply want to support the ladies so they will need their own packages

Likely the same price of the VFL membership and since most games will be openers for the mens games
It will be cheap

The afl said dogs and melb are strong chance to get their teams due to fast tracking it

It will be a separate entity with its own revenue flows and win/loss results.

I'm assuming the club will give discount to members as an add on but also assume some people will simply want to support the ladies so they will need their own packages
Most players already have sponsorships like the mens

Most players already have sponsorships like the mens

No i meant supporter packages to be a member for the ladies and go and watch them.

I'm sure they will have a pretty basic chicks of memberships to get involved to start and expand if necessary.

I'm hearing that they will play independently of the men except in a couple cases a year when they play before.

The AFL want it to be a seperate item and not wholly rode on coat tails of the men which I think is a good call.

I will go to every damn game they ever play.

This, Ballarat, Footscray, SOTW, we really are trailblazing and on field success will see us prosper beyond our wildest dreams, I'm very confident about that.
Yay :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back