2dm5xyg.jpg

Established - 2013
Coach - BoshtrichBurger
Assistant Coach - Karnezis_13
Club formerly known as - 22 of the Best/Killer Platypi
Scoring Format of the LFFL:
Backs = Disposals (1) + Marks (2)
Backs = Disposals (1) + Marks (2)​
Inside Mid = Contested Possession (1.5) + Clearances (3)
Outside Mid = Uncontested Possession (1.5) + Clearances (3)
Forwards = Disposals/2 (1) + Marks (2) + Goals (6) + Behinds (1)
Forwards = Disposals/2 (1) + Marks (2) + Goals (6) + Behinds (1)​
Tackles = Tackles (5)
Ruck = Hitouts (1) + Marks (2)
Utility = Disposals (1) + Marks (2) + Hitouts (1) + Tackles (5) + Clearances (3)​

Woodville Wolverines:
Carry-Over Players:
1. Harry Taylor (Geelong)
2. Andrew Walker (Carlton)
3. Daniel Wells (North Melbourne)
4. David Zaharakis (Essendon)

Drafted Players:
Pick #6 - Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide)
Pick #23 - Brodie Grundy (Collingwood)
Pick #34 - Jaeger O'Meara (Gold Coast)
Pick #51 - Tom Boyd (GWS)
Pick #62 - Taylor Adams (Collingwood)
Pick #79 - Richard Douglas (Adelaide)
Pick #90 - Allen Christensen (Geelong)
Pick #109 - Zach Clarke (Fremantle)
Pick #118 - David Swallow (Gold Coast)
Pick #135 - Billy Longer (St. Kilda)
Pick #146 - Brodie Smith (Adelaide)
Pick #163 - Sam Mayes (Brisbane)
Pick #174 - Nick Malceski (Sydney)
Pick #191 - Josh Jenkins (Adelaide)
Pick #202 - Dominic Sheed (West Coast)
Pick #219 - Matt Fuller (Western Bulldogs)

CARRY-OVER CAVALRY: THE FOUR TO THE FLOOR
By Hugh Richard.

A little over 2 months ago, BoshtrichBurger (the genius newbie coach), took a bold move in carrying over four players into the new season. Many a coaches saw this move as idiotic and asinine for a team looking to rebuild, as the four players in Harry Taylor, Andrew Walker, Daniel Wells and David Zaharakis were not 'elite' in the eyes of the opposition. Resident Andy-D impersonator in Pie 4 Life had this to say:
"1. Woodville carrying over four players

With only one player ranked inside the top 50 in any one position (Wells #39 at OM), it's hard to fathom how BB decided to carry over four players. If I had of been in charge I would have been pressing to just wipe the slate clean and carry nobody over. Obviously rules say you have to pick three, and that's what I would have done. Very likely all those players would have been available in the third round at the very least if not later. Hopefully BB can nail his drafting because he needs to work some magic to be competitive."
BoshtrichBurger had this to say in response:
Yeah I'm willing to gamble on carrying over four players which I believe will improve with consistent game time (Zaha and Hurley).
Little did he know he just experienced a brain fart, as Michael Hurley was not one of his four carry-overs... How embarrassing.

Alas, it seems as though the Wolverines team has started off with their backs against the wall... They now must turn around and start fighting! (Stupidest saying ever, but it's inspire-invoking nonetheless!)

Stats for dem fat stacks (wait wut?)
TAYLOR%20Harry.png
Harry Taylor​
2013 Averages
Back: 31.3​
Forward: 26.95​
Inside Mid: 10.8​
Outside Mid: 15.3​
Tackler: 7.5​
Ruck: 14.8​
Utility: 39.9​
WALKER%20Andrew%20copy.png
Andrew Walker​
2013 Averages
Back: 31.8​
Forward: 22.2​
Inside Mid: 13.35​
Outside Mid: 26.1​
Tackler: 10.5​
Ruck: 8.8​
Utility: 46.5​
WELLS%20Daniel.png
Daniel Wells​
2013 Averages
Back: 28.5​
Forward: 24.85​
Inside Mid: 25.8​
Outside Mid: 32.7​
Tackler: 12​
Ruck: 8.1​
Utility: 54.6​
ZAHARAKIS%20David.png
David Zaharakis​
2013 Averages
Back: 29.7​
Forward: 21.55​
Inside Mid: 23.1​
Outside Mid: 31.35​
Tackler: 15​
Ruck: 7​
Utility: 54.9​

WIZARD WINGARD PICKED WITH PICK #6, CHANNELING REAL LIFE SELECTION NOT TOO LONG AGO...
By Hugh Richard

Second-year wunderkind Chad Wingard was selected with the sixth overall pick in the LFFL Draft of 2014. A vibrant small forward/midfielder who won All-Australian honours in the AFL season of 2013, Wingard will no doubt be a vital cog in the Wolverines hopes of making it up the ladder of the LFFL ranks.

It seems as though not many were fond of the draft choice, with many naysayers at it again... Seems as though this Wolverines team will be the team to be picked on. * them all we say.

Here's what a few flogs of the league had to say about this pick:
Wingard... Interesting. Young and scores well but a reach IMO. He wouldn't have been around when you pick next so you had to pull the trigger, but time will tell if the reach was worth it.
#6 - Woodville Wolverines - Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide) - fail
Here's hoping Chingard doesn't get tagged dafuq outta games next season... If anything, with natural progression and improvement, he should be thereabouts in eliteness again!

Stat me up before ya go go! (Bosh ya spud, stfu!)
WINGARD-Chad.png
Chad Wingard​
2013 Averages
Back: 29.8​
Forward: 30.8​
Inside Mid: 19.35​
Outside Mid: 27.45​
Tackler: 10​
Ruck: 8.7​
Utility: 47.4​

FLAMBOYANT YOUNG RUCK DRAFTED TO THE WOLVERINES
By Hugh Richard
At the pivotal point of the second round, it became apparent that the ruckman stocks were running thin, ergo, Coach Burger had to act fast. What we ended up with, at pick 23, was a ruckman was a difference. A youngster named Brodie Grundy was brought in to become the leading ruckman of this club for the foreseeable future and then some. His qualities are terrific as he has the capabilities of developing into one of the most damaging players in this league. A hustle and bustle type player who excels not only in the hitout department, but also the tackling department for a bigman, he has the makings of a future ruckman/utility weapon.​
As a result, the compliments came swurling in, a contrast if you consider that this club has been harshly critiqued throughout it's early existence. Here's what Andy-D said in relation to this pick:​
Really like Grundy as a pick BoshtrichBurger. I'm quite obviously bias but will be the number one ruck next year and finds the footy as well as gets hitouts. Could be a utility option in a couple of years too, like a Maric/Mumford type. For a team that has the chance to base carryovers around young talented players, Grundy is a great step in the right direction.
ALL HAIL GRUNDY!

STATS'S LOVELY DEAR (Stat puns ftw!)
GRUNDY%20Brodie.png
Brodie Grundy​
2013 Averages
Back: 17.8​
Forward: 12.5​
Inside Mid: 18.3​
Outside Mid: 16.2​
Tackler: 15.5​
Ruck: 26.8​
Utility: 62.1​

JAEGER BOMBS DOWN THE ORDER, STOLEN BY THE WOLVERINES.
By Hugh Richard

The Woodville-based team's first ever steal of the draft is none other than the wunderkind prodigy in Jaeger O'Meara! Not only is it a momentous drafting for the young club, but it has also left other clubs in rue as they all slept and forgot about the boy wonder. His numbers say it all really (as seen below).

Here's what some of the coaches bellowed out in disappointment when they realised the kid was drafted:
GAGF the both of you. My two preferences for my next pick gone in an instant :(
Solid pick... o meara was at the top of my list

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
He was at the top of a lot of lists!

COME AT ME BISHES!

STATS, YO!

OMEARA%20Jaeger.png
Jaeger O'Meara​
2013 Averages
Back: 30.4​
Forward: 24.3​
Inside Mid: 26.25​
Outside Mid: 30.6​
Tackler: 25​
Ruck: 9.2​
Utility: 67.8​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GIANT PUNT ON YOUNG BOYD
By Hugh Richard

With the forward stocks in the draft thinning by the selections, Coach Burger went with the unorthodox method of drafting a soon-to-be drafted powerhouse forward in one Thomas Boyd. Even with a multitude of other 'has-been' and 'above average 'forwards still on the board, the Wolverines coach decided to try his luck on nabbing the gigantic forward who will debut his AFL career at Greater Western Sydney. The reason for such a gamble was because Coach Burger believes Boyd will be an 'instant superstar' and thus, his statistics will be brilliant for a forward prospect.

In what was a shock, it seems as though the opposition naysayers were speechless, or maybe they just didn't give two shits about the pick. Nonetheless, it was refreshing to see this gamble of a pick fly a tad under the radar!

284094-tlsnewsportrait.jpg
Stats not available for obvious reasons.​

dwyane-wade-brace.jpg

Would this be more apt? :D
Now we're on the right track. He's a quote for ya.

Super pass. Smith and Mitchell are now Hawthorn's two obvious tag targets so could quite easily go up in numbers again. Adding hardness to his game as well so probably won't be limited to "Back", and "OM" could realistically become an option (and of course CC)

Have no clue who you're referring to in that quote... :oops:
Oh, my bad. Sorry. That's not Boyd, it's Birchall. Boyd was ok. He'll play some good games. I dont mind the pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back