Would Geelong losing to Gold Coast this Saturday be the biggest choke in modern football history?

Remove this Banner Ad

That's definitely a story, we have been s**t since round 16.

But imagine Port premiership player Stuart Dew and ex-Port captain and all round Geelong boy Primus engineering a win this week.

It would give 119 a run for its money :)

It really wouldn't give it a run for it's money.

119 really destroyed Port. They're still trying to win back respect and have been failing miserably just like tonight.

It really wouldn't give it a run for it's money.

119 really destroyed Port. They're still trying to win back respect and have been failing miserably just like tonight.

Isn't it funny how the 2007 preliminary final is never mentioned.
Port 20.13 133
NM 5.16 46

Did that make you a 206 point better team than North?
Our biggest crime was being the second best side of that year.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All thanks to freo lmao 23 unanswered.. good on Geelong deserve to make it.
We we went from 118% to 126% whilst you're still on 108% after losing to the bulldogs. I think its more than freos fault. We could finish the season with the 2nd highest %. Thats no fluke, thats not JUST because of freo

Isn't it funny how the 2017 preliminary final is never mentioned.
Port 20.13 133
NM 5.16 46
When I'm talking about my mighty Cats I often think of our great prelim final teams that lost in the gf. What a mighty line up.
1989 over the Bombers.
1992 over Dogs
1994 over Roos
1995 over Tigers
2008 over the Dogs

And then our losing prelim finals teams also give me great memories.
1991 against WC
2004 against Lions
2010 against Coll
2016 against Sydney
2017 against Adelaide

Port 20.13 133
NM 5.16 46

Geelong were fortunate that you didn't cop the performance enhancing scrutiny that Essendon did.
The bombers were big enough not to fall under that blow, you weren't.

We're dead set certainties. Go and put a bet on us. For sure you'll be rolling in the cash after the game.

We we went from 118% to 126% whilst you're still on 108% after losing to the bulldogs. I think its more than freos fault. We could finish the season with the 2nd highest %. Thats no fluke, thats not JUST because of freo
I mean I was just saying that freo didn’t help 118% and 126% is a massive difference... being 10% off is more likely than close to 20%.
I mean it helps you guys to build percentage when you play what is it 9/10 games at your home ground where no one else comes close to playing that much at the ground to master it. To be fair you guys should be pushing top 8 every year and with the list you currently have should be top 4. (don’t mean to sound like a smartarse just my opinion)

Port 20.13 133
NM 5.16 46

Cause none cares about preliminary finals it’s about the last game in September. I mean you can try throw other teams under the bus but you guys got smashed in the most important game of any year

Cause none cares about preliminary finals it’s about the last game in September. I mean you can try throw other teams under the bus but you guys got smashed in the most important game of any year
Yeah Port fans were more than happy to throw shade at us over the GF last year. I mean you would think if your team had the record for worst ever GF losing margin, you just wouldn't go there but self awareness isn't their strong suit.

I mean I was just saying that freo didn’t help 118% and 126% is a massive difference... being 10% off is more likely than close to 20%.
I mean it helps you guys to build percentage when you play what is it 9/10 games at your home ground where no one else comes close to playing that much at the ground to master it. To be fair you guys should be pushing top 8 every year and with the list you currently have should be top 4. (don’t mean to sound like a smartarse just my opinion)
Geelong as a city gets turfed in with melbourne when its cheaper (no independant tv, little local media or medium enterprise) and turfed out when its cheaper (inferior ptv, school and health funding).

The 9 melbourne clubs starting with richmond in 64 have over time decided to move to vfl/afl controlled stadiums. Without brian cook we would have as well, the funding for the reg hickey stand saved our ground.

I guess my point is, I'm sick of seeing kp labelled as a cheat ground. Our city has nothing else going for it and the club is a longtime lifeblood of the community. Melbourne clubs used to have this, but as the city has grown this has been lost.

Your club in conjunction with the saints and bulldogs need to lobby for a boutique stadium with lower costs. Be it at e gate, or princess park or albert park, theres no reason you should play at an empty souless concrete jungle that costs you money. And geelong shouldnt have to suffer and cover your losses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back