Western Sydney Wanderers Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

11.JPG

all those Wandering fans will know where they're going as they travel in on the Hume Highway tonight.

My opinion is that the west ends with the M4 (around Concord) but like you say, newspapers in the Inner West frequently throw their weight behind WSW.

“Take Milan and Inter, or even both halves of the Mancunian divide, derbies whose origins lie in socio-economic and geographic differences which have diluted with time.”

Correct me if i’m wrong, but history shows that Sydney must make its mark with a geographical focus but both of these examples show that you can have a strong crosstown rivalry without that.
Is the Milan derby based on geography? I only know of the socio economic divide. Which I believe is the strongest aspect of the Sydney derby as well. Same goes with the Manchester derby. The two clubs actually train down the road from each other but City have a stronger following in the working class industrial east, while United are better supported by the middle class west.

Well Done to the Wanderers top effort!! never thought it was going to happen this soon that an Aussie team will win the ACL, They have lifted the game in this country another notch.

Just watched that save by Covic in the 85thmin f@ck me what a save!! Asian player of the tournament hands down!!

Struggling this season but Asian Champions haha will take that any day of the week :)

Need to find some spark up forward. It was always going to be a struggle this year, havent given up on it yet.

Rumours we’re signing Juan Mata although that’s probably people conflating the fact that he’s without a club and we’re looking to sign a ten.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back