Yarran vs Rich – The safe bet effect

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Yarran becomes a good player, the amount of shit he has copped on bf is rediculous. He is obviously going to take longer to have a big impact like man child Rich, who is going to be a superstar. Yarran has big potential which is really all you can expect from kids, show potential and give it their all, I'm sure Yarran will be fine if he does this and continues to do this.

As much as I hate Carlton flogs on the mainboard I will find it funny in a few years when hes playing well and you can bring up all the crap that people were spewing out, just don't be like Richmond supporters with their Tambling vs Franklin stupidity :D
Idiot. It wasn't us who compared the two. ONly an fool would compare Buddy with Bling in the first two years.
Fact is Franklin is a star. We're actaully happy with Tambling. Indigenous players sometimes take a while.
Way too early to talk about Yarran. End of story.

Yarran is not even close to being ready for AFL. Send him back to the 2s and wait to he kicks a few bags and or gets a few 20 + possession games.

To all you idiot blue fans who kept on calling out yarrans name to be selected in the 1s, after doing sweet F all in the 2s need to go and crawl back into your boxes. He needs a year or more in the 2s, lazy bastard.

I actually thought he was one of our best which showed how incredibly shit everyone else bar a couple was tonight. He just got into the wrong positions, being outmuscled by an opponent. His vision was excellent at times but compared to Rich. COMPARED TO RICH!!!!!!!!

COMPARED TO THE MOTHER ****ING RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU **** HUGHES, I ****ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAD TO LET THIS OUT COZ THAT DUMB **** HAD PARTIALLY ****ED UP OUR FUTURE!!!!!!!!

Hughes must resign immediately. And handback his entire years salary.
Monumental **** up picking Yarran ahead of Rich and Ziebel.

I actually thought he was one of our best which showed how incredibly shit everyone else bar a couple was tonight. He just got into the wrong positions, being outmuscled by an opponent. His vision was excellent at times but compared to Rich. COMPARED TO RICH!!!!!!!!

COMPARED TO THE MOTHER ****ING RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU **** HUGHES, I ****ING HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAD TO LET THIS OUT COZ THAT DUMB **** HAD PARTIALLY ****ED UP OUR FUTURE!!!!!!!!

Astounding maturity there Gibba or is it Gibbon :confused:

I know he didn't do a lot tonight but i actually liked the way he moved. That bloody poster would have beed a beautiful goal, was a ****teenth from pulling off a great combo with Eddie in the 1st and his vision was good.

Certainly needs to work on a few things but he's only 18 ffs! :cool:

a young aboriginal kid living a long way from home without a decent preseason. how could he not be winning matches for you?

has bucketloads of talent, will need to settle a bit and learn about himself. give him time, and STOP COMPARING HIM TO RICH. It does no one any good and merely increases inferred pressure on an already vulnerable youngster. Same thing happens on the essendon boards. "why did we get gumbleton and not selwood?" whinge whinge whinge. these kids can play, hughes drafted arguably the most talented player in the draft. it's the development and medical staff at the clubs who need to get it right.

personally, i think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. where it's breaking down for carlton is the nature of all your high draft picks. all the number 1 picks have been ploughed into the centre square. your most promising key forward prospect was jettisoned for even more centre square power. i have no doubt that carlton would have preferred hurley from a list point of view, but whether rich would have fixed the structural holes that already existed is extremely doubtful.

back yarran in. that bloke for the other mob who kicked miracle goals last night was rubbish for his first 5 years. and yarran is more talented than him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a young aboriginal kid living a long way from home without a decent preseason. how could he not be winning matches for you?

has bucketloads of talent, will need to settle a bit and learn about himself. give him time, and STOP COMPARING HIM TO RICH. It does no one any good and merely increases inferred pressure on an already vulnerable youngster. Same thing happens on the essendon boards. "why did we get gumbleton and not selwood?" whinge whinge whinge. these kids can play, hughes drafted arguably the most talented player in the draft. it's the development and medical staff at the clubs who need to get it right.

personally, i think you guys are barking up the wrong tree. where it's breaking down for carlton is the nature of all your high draft picks. all the number 1 picks have been ploughed into the centre square. your most promising key forward prospect was jettisoned for even more centre square power. i have no doubt that carlton would have preferred hurley from a list point of view, but whether rich would have fixed the structural holes that already existed is extremely doubtful.

back yarran in. that bloke for the other mob who kicked miracle goals last night was rubbish for his first 5 years. and yarran is more talented than him.

:thumbsu::thumbsu::)

Hughes must resign immediately. And handback his entire years salary.
Monumental **** up picking Yarran ahead of Rich and Ziebel.

idiot.
we don't deserve rich and he would be wasted at carlton. he has a damn bright future at brisbane. be patient and stop picking on 18 year old kids :thumbsdown: enjoy the talent

Don't stress, Yarran will come good, I've got no doubt.

Travis Varcoe copped a similar amount of rubbish on our board when he started. Clearly talented, but went missing in games far too much and supporters were questioning why Bomber was persisting with him.

This year he's put his bag of tricks together and has well and truly cemented a spot in our best 22. Today he'll play his 50th match - often it will take a player 30-40 games to really start to show their stuff.

I am sure Yarran will be worth the wait :thumbsu:

Don't stress, Yarran will come good, I've got no doubt.

Travis Varcoe copped a similar amount of rubbish on our board when he started. Clearly talented, but went missing in games far too much and supporters were questioning why Bomber was persisting with him.

This year he's put his bag of tricks together and has well and truly cemented a spot in our best 22. Today he'll play his 50th match - often it will take a player 30-40 games to really start to show their stuff.

I am sure Yarran will be worth the wait :thumbsu:

This stuff is quality we barely deserve. Very much appreciated intelligence. :thumbsu:

I hate to tell everyone this, but we would still have been 'pasted' by 50 plus points last night, even if we drafted and played Rich last night.

Some people here would be happy to pin the JFK Assassination on Yarran and Wayne Hughes it seems.

If we had our time again, i'd still be very happy and comfortable taking Yarran again, despite Rich's stellar debut season, the club has an 'long term' perspective on drafting Yarran ...

What have you done to him. My mate who played on Yarran in the WAFL last year even commented at just how much slower he is this year compared to last. Its not a little loss of pace, hes lost it altogether .

What have you done to him. My mate who played on Yarran in the WAFL last year even commented at just how much slower he is this year compared to last. Its not a little loss of pace, hes lost it altogether .

So because he hasn't really showed us his pace, he's lost it all together?

So I guess we can apply the same logic to your brain and suggest you've lost it?

So because he hasn't really showed us his pace, he's lost it all together?

So I guess we can apply the same logic to your brain and suggest you've lost it?

He ran at full speed a few times there last night. Hes clearly added to much bulk and has lost some pace because of it. Yarran should be built like Andrew Lovett, atm hes more like Daniel Motlop. I can safely say which player Yarran is gonna be more like. Lets just say his overhead marking wont win him a Brownlow anytime soon... Needs to drop 5-10kg and get that insane pace he used to have back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back