Yasir Shah

Remove this Banner Ad

Yasir picked up a potentially series ending injury prior to the England series. My guess is the team doctor gave him something dodgy to speed up the recovery ,which included the masking agent.

Just posting a theory and never said Yasir was innocent of any wrongdoing..

Warnie always claimed his drug bust was down to the vanity of losing weight and he just happened to use a masking agent by accident.
lol

I've seen a rumour do the rounds that he actually has blood pressure issues, but never applied for a TUE to use the drug. Another one goes like that except he never told the team physio what he was taking. Even if either of these are true, he's still going to get banned. But it might save him from having to do the full four year bit, potentially the difference between a career ending suspension and being able to make a comeback after the ban is served.

The thing with this particular diuretic is that it is not very efficacious at flushing out anabolic steroids from your system. If Yasir had taken them to recover from injury then the traces of the steroid(s) should also have been detected in testing.

Ugh, this is s**t news. His bowling was such a bright spot for the game these last couple of years. Would have been great to see him out in England and over here next summer.

Brutal news. I was looking forward to seeing a good leggie bowl on our wickets next year :(

Its Pakistan though, they should be able to magic up another spinner. Bowling talent there is ridiculous. Batting talent well hmmm. Fielding talent :O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Left wing moral vanity crusade at its finest there by you. Trying to infer someone is racist at the drop of a hat. Hopefully you don't make a habit of that in your general life.
At first glance of the initial comment I thought something pretty similar. Without any further context to it initially Hellgood's reaction was fine.

I've seen a rumour do the rounds that he actually has blood pressure issues, but never applied for a TUE to use the drug. Another one goes like that except he never told the team physio what he was taking. Even if either of these are true, he's still going to get banned. But it might save him from having to do the full four year bit, potentially the difference between a career ending suspension and being able to make a comeback after the ban is served.

The thing with this particular diuretic is that it is not very efficacious at flushing out anabolic steroids from your system. If Yasir had taken them to recover from injury then the traces of the steroid(s) should also have been detected in testing.

28 year old professional athletes have major blood pressure issues?

Well I guess it beats blaming your mother

28 year old professional athletes have major blood pressure issues?

Well I guess it beats blaming your mother

It's not unheard of. Wasim Akram played his entire career with diabetes. Lilian Thuram, one of the greatest ever defenders in football, played his entire career with an undiagnosed heart problem, which was so serious it actually killed his brother (who played basketball and suffered from the same illness).

Not saying the rumours are true, just saying they aren't ridiculously far fetched.

Warnie always claimed his drug bust was down to the vanity of losing weight and he just happened to use a masking agent by accident.
lol

No-one with at least half-a-brain believed anything Warney said when he was playing.

"Mum gave me a banned substance"

"We just gave the bookie some info about the weather"

"It wasn't me, it was Joe the cameraman"

"I haven't had a f** in months"

Left wing moral vanity crusade at its finest there by you. Trying to infer someone is racist at the drop of a hat. Hopefully you don't make a habit of that in your general life.
Lol at how quickly people pull out "left wing" like it means anything.

No-one with at least half-a-brain believed anything Warney said when he was playing.

"Mum gave me a banned substance"

"We just gave the bookie some info about the weather"

"It wasn't me, it was Joe the cameraman"

"I haven't had a f** in months"
wgffp.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back