Young girl allegedly insulted by St Kilda player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you took away the excess food fat people had and gave it to starving kids worldwide we would have a happy world.
The drain on the worlds food sources is hard enough without overweight people. Off the top of my head all the fat people in the world add the equivalent of 600 million more mouths to feed. That's a lot of hungry kids and refugees getting a meal.
Good on the saints for standing up for the needy and shaming the greedy

This thread has somehow managed to be nearly as classless as some of the race-based ones. My favourite bit is where people think "don't be a complete dick" is part of the PC bogeyman conspiracy.

If you took away the excess food fat people had and gave it to starving kids worldwide we would have a happy world.
The drain on the worlds food sources is hard enough without overweight people. Off the top of my head all the fat people in the world add the equivalent of 600 million more mouths to feed. That's a lot of hungry kids and refugees getting a meal.
Good on the saints for standing up for the needy and shaming the greedy

Laughable if you actually believe the reason for starving people in Africa is the overconsumption of food in the West. That shows a total lack of understanding about world politics.

So the "fat" chick reckons she's not a "fat chick" anyways...Says she;s a size 8. So A) How is it offensive? B) Maybe she's Ugly and the player was trying to be nice?

Surely there's bigger things in the world to worry about?

Neil Mitchell interviewed the girl at the centre of the allegation - story comes across as legitimate. She doesn't know which player made the "fat chick" comment, except that he had chestnut brown coloured hair. The club has come out and apologised but the player(s) deny anything happened. That is the concern.

Look its probably something that everybody on her has had a joke with their mates about (except those with a fat gf/wife or are fat themselves).

You only think that because you happen to be one of those types. I have groups of friends who are all skinny who have never, and would never speak to or about anybody like that. It's in the individual attitude.

We all know obesity is a big problem in society, but let's not kid ourselves that people who mouth off at others in an intolerant manner are doing some kind of public service. It won't result in any change whatsoever because the psychology of the problem doesn't work that way. Most people who are down on themselves get worse if they are insulted. They need a different style of intervention than this tough-love crap - which it isn't anyway because it's just intolerance disguising itself as concern for others.

Anyway, it wouldn't have cost this player anything to keep his thoughts to himself and just sign a 3 second autograph and pose for a photo. These footballers would be nothing without fans.

You only think that because you happen to be one of those types. I have groups of friends who are all skinny who have never, and would never speak to or about anybody like that. It's in the individual attitude.

We all know obesity is a big problem in society, but let's not kid ourselves that people who mouth off at others in an intolerant manner are doing some kind of public service. It won't result in any change whatsoever because the psychology of the problem doesn't work that way. Most people who are down on themselves get worse if they are insulted. They need a different style of intervention than this tough-love crap - which it isn't anyway because it's just intolerance disguising itself as concern for others.

Anyway, it wouldn't have cost this player anything to keep his thoughts to himself and just sign a 3 second autograph and pose for a photo. These footballers would be nothing without fans.

I'm not saying it is right, I am just saying lets not hang some blokes out for having a joke at someones expense. Have you friends never had a joke about somebody you have seen out before?

Or are you and your friends the worlds greatest people that have never joked about anyone before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So after all the classes and programs and policies and warnings this is what the footy public gets? Totally mean-spirited and unfunny. Of course there will be a section of the community who, out of ignorance or simple cruelty, fall over themselves laughing.
It's called Bigfooty.com and the majority of your posters :p.

Neil Mitchell interviewed the girl at the centre of the allegation - story comes across as legitimate. She doesn't know which player made the "fat chick" comment, except that he had chestnut brown coloured hair. The club has come out and apologised but the player(s) deny anything happened. That is the concern.

Have you got a link?
Im curious as to whether the comment was made to her face or behind her back and she overheard it. It's a bit ridiculous she claims to be a fan yet she doesn't even know the player's name and deacribes him as the 'chestnut colored hair.'

Get a sense of humour.
Not thinking a lame, fat joke is funny - particularly when allegedly aimed at a member of the general public out of spite means I don't have a sense of humour? :rolleyes:

I'm not making a moral stance. I really don't care if they did or didn't say it. It's just not funny. I can't believe some people here think it's hilarious.

Have you got a link?
Im curious as to whether the comment was made to her face or behind her back and she overheard it. It's a bit ridiculous she claims to be a fan yet she doesn't even know the player's name and deacribes him as the 'chestnut colored hair.'
Sounds like crap to me. If only the player had signed the autograph, then she might actually know who he was!

So, she got one photo, was then getting a group photo when her phone rang, which she apparently answered, I would assume leaving everyone organised for the group photo standing there while she talked, and was then suprised when they were pissed off, allegedly walked off and said something.

Tis a funny ole world out there.

So we can call someone tall, short, skinny but not fat. Political correctness is so crap.
And the carbon footprint of a fat person is so much bigger. There destroying the world!!! Keep into em guys

So that means you can understand why so many are critical of you on here. Glad about that. :thumbsu:

I don't make up bullshit and exaggerate like Hinch just to create headlines.

If I recall you overreacted to the Steven drink driving incident as well saying he was close to being sacked over a couple of minor incidents FFS. We have enough problems with the media and opposition supporters overreacting to any incident with our players and sinking the boots in, we don't need it from our own supporters as well.

I don't condone poor behaviour from our players but I don't expect them to be perfect angels either, I'm more interested in what they do on the field than off it.

Oh well Neil Mitchell interviewed the girl now so it must be legit :rolleyes:, he's almost as bad as Hinch, just another shock jock trying to create scandals out of nothing. We just need Perth's resident shock jock Howard Sattler to get on his high horse about it. Tossers the lot of them.

As for the girl involved, if she doesn't know the name of the player involved she doesn't sound like much of a fan, she needs to either name the player or shut her gob. Like the Duthie incidents it is her word against our players word but of course media scumbags like Hinch and Neil Mitchell will take the girl's side despite Duthie getting shown up to be a liar.

I'll take our players word over the word of some random chick that doesn't even know our players names.

I'm not saying it is right, I am just saying lets not hang some blokes out for having a joke at someones expense. Have you friends never had a joke about somebody you have seen out before?

Or are you and your friends the worlds greatest people that have never joked about anyone before?

Exactly, anyone here saying they have never joked about someone elses appearance are either lying or have lived their lives as a monk or a nun in a monastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back