Your favourite ever indigenous player?

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant give just one players name.

The Krakeour brothers. Byron Pickett. Daniel Wells and a host of others from other clubs like Buddy & McLeod.

Lindsay Thomas stands out at the moment though. Gets under the skin of opponents and their supporters and probably doesn't get the credit he deserves for the hard work he's put in to improving himself as a footballer. Heart and Soul player who loves the North jumper. Love him.

Neon Leon of course.

Byron Pickett is a close second

Pickett one of my favourites too - I used to love these big hits. Listen to the commentary - they all say it's a fair hit. I was in front of his hit on Brendan Krummel and the sound of the crunch was incredible.

But I understand the game has changed, and we can't have these types of hits anymore.

At North - Jimmy Krakoeuer and Phil, Winston Abraham and Pickett my favourites. Also liked Garry Dhurrkay (RIP).

I remember there was a video made of Alwyn Davey's 2007 season, his first year and he looked to become very good but then he never quite made it. Had some good highlights anyway.

Brad Hill would be my favourite indigenous player playing now.

Loved the way Alwyn Davey played, shame it never happened for him.

Andrew McLeod, Pickett, Buddy, obviously the Freo guys: Hilly, Johnson, Walters etc.

The Cable family and parts of my mums side of the family married into each other a few generations ago, so Barry is technically a distant relative, so I'm inclined to say him even though I never got to watch him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter_Matera.JPG

My favourites are (of course) all from my team, Peter Matera, Chris Lewis and Wirra. I loved watching all 3 play and find it hard to split them. If I had to choose one, it would be Norm Smith medal winning Matera, fantastic memories of him running down the wing that day that will live with me forever.

Best ever (not favourite), well Matera is definitely shaded by Cable and Polly. I think likely many will think McLeod does too, however I don't think so, but I'm clearly biased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back