Your first post on Bigfooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2004
Dr Geoffrey Edelsten's jacuzzi
AFL Club
Carlton
I have the sight.
Robert Walls has more influence and gained more respect in the footy world for his past ten years. Than any richmond identity and player for the past twenty!
I thought Terry Wallace wanted to join a club that gave what everyone needed for success. Why would you join Richmond? In five years you'll have to sack HIM!
I have to post Parrot's first post since it was a cracker.
May be a bit early yet, but the blues lineup definitely has the X-factor i.e. we're still waiting to see just how much better many of these players can get. In contrast, I think we've seen the best from the Collingwood and Port's lineups last year, and both teams just don't have the number of "stars" on their list to make the next step i.e. win Grand finals. I'm sure Port will end up in the top 4, winning heaps of home games by 50+ points, but it's tight high pressure finals that count. St Kilda definitely have the talent to go all the way in the next few years.
Another post he made on his first day was even better - Is Walker better than Cooney?

Starting to look like Carlton actually got the number 1 pick!

Have Carlton's chances this year been deliberately downplayed by Pagan? On paper, their midfield looks pretty impressive. They have obvious deficiencies in other areas (i.e ruck and defence), but i'm finding it hard to find a midfield that is clearly better. I think West Coast were caught out today. They still have Waite and Kouta to return!

I think was my first post, from 2003:

Maybe we'll get Dylan Smith with our 2nd PSD pick?

Am content too, but still feel a bit exposed in the tall defender department. Paxman could useful for a year but imagine the flak we'd cop if we named him, just like Mick Martyn all over again!

I maintain we should have picked up a retired Stephen Paxman!:p

I think mine was telling a few Collingwood idiots to get off Lockyer's back and he'll perform great guns in 2007. Who's got the sight?

Can remember my first thread; Iacobucci vs Sack Of Potatoes. Search it. :thumbsu:

Copped a lot of flack from my fellow Collingwood supporters, but boy did that kid suck. I honestly could not stand watching him play, it hurt me.

Once Hird is gone, Essendon aren't even gonna make it in the eight. Their recent form hasn't been great. They've only won one out of their past four. If they are going to be contenders for the flag anytime soon, they are going to need two fast, quality midfielders/onballers.
Collingwood has had an ordinary season, but they really can't be blamed. They have had an injury interrupted pre-season, but they've now gotten they're best side back in and are playing some good footy.
Carlton, like Collingwood started the season pretty badly. But we have remodelled our team considerably, and we weren't going to play great footy from the start. We have got some young players who are beggining to stand up, such as Karl Norman and Ian Prendagast. Also some of our more experienced players are having good seasons, in particular Fev, Lappin, Stevens and Campo. We're starting to play good footy, having won 3 outa our last 4.
I think that Collingwood or Carlton will win the next flag out of the three, both of them playing good football.

Ah, the false dawn that was 04. :eek:

• Banned
No, it's too noob. :p
I think you're just ashamed of barracking for another club for your first five years! ;) :D
Hiya everybody, how are things going? I've been lurking around this forum for quite some time and I have finally come out to say hello. There are a few interesting topics that I have read on bigfooty and which I want to participate in the future. Sorry to all the Essendon fans, but I'm a Carlton supporter, and been that way since I was five ;)

You all seem to be a friendly bunch of people so this seems to be a sane place to post things about footy! Well... to get started, these are my predictions for the final eight :

Essendon
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
Carlton

-------------

Hawthorn
Richmond
Sydney
Adelaide

Favourite player at Carlton is Brett Ratten and favourite in the league (exclu. Carlton) is Michael Voss. And I really despise Collingwood, of course :)

Anyways I hope we get along and debate/discuss topics concerning AFL and our teams in the near future.

Regards,

Thrawn, loyal Carlton supporter.

I think you're just ashamed of barracking for another club for your first five years! ;) :D

I didn't barrack for any club, let alone watch any football in my first five years. I was too young to appreciate the value of supporting a team. My parents certainly weren't footy fanatics either. :eek: ;)

At five, it was pretty much the first time I got into footy.

Bloody hell. I don't think BF's servers would be able to find my 1st post. :D

The search was long, it had to sift through a lot of one liners. ;)

HBF said:
I'm not sure if anyone else caught Talking Footy last night, but Caroline Wilson assures us again that Carlton are in trouble.

One thing that I would like to raise is the timing of this investigation. If the issue the AFL is looking at are payments to players like Fraser Brown who retired at the end of 2000, why has it taken them 2 years to look at it. Could it have something to do with the boardroom antics going on at Optus Oval at the moment.

I'd imagine the AFL would like nothing more than John Elliot being ousted as Pres.

I'm hoping also that David Allison (Fraser Browns manager) is actullay helping Carltons cause this time. He has basically come out and said that there was no illegal payments to Brown.

On the other hand, if Carlton are found guilty and lose any draft picks this year, I think Col Kinnear, Don Hanley and others should start looking for new jobs.

Cheers

SS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you find. My posts only go back to the 1000 post mark?? :confused:
Search>Advanced search
Search by username>find posts by user
Sort results by>In Ascending order
Show results as>posts

Showing results as threads gives you a different result.

This was Tarkyn_24's first post.
I don't think so. Only because of the same reason as Didak will never be, he's a star performer and a gun player but he isn't a leader. He has days down in the dumps like any player but unlike Buckley, he still doesn't lift the team on those days. You need team players, and MM has been very smart with his leadership. Buckley, Clement, Fraser and Lockyer always lead from the front.

my first post was in the 07 predictions thread last march. a few bloopers in there. cousins for norm smith? makes me laugh:eek:
me said:
West Coast
Fremantle
Adelaide
Sydney
St Kilda
Melbourne
West Bulldogs
Geelong

Brisbane
Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Collingwood
Carlton
Richmond
Essendon
Kangaroos

Premiers: Freo
Brownlow: dunno. someone who's already got one... maybe judd
Norm Smith: Cousins
Coleman: Fevola
Rising star: Gibbs

My first post (how embarrassing, grammar anyone?), reffering to the Brett Thornton situation a couple of years back.

"I HATE THORNTON. hes an idiot and thinks that he can rake in a load of money. And for what? pothetic defence? I meen he let Richo get 4 goals? hes pothetic. The only place he can play is centre half bench."

Oh how opinions change:).

Mine was a very small: LOL :D:eek::D

My second one was: "its old....he did it on spicks and specks", refering to a 'new national anthem'

My third or fourth post:

Ian Prendergast is a machine of a man and built like a truck!!!

Although playing as a key position player does not come naturally to him, neither does football. He works harder than anyone else on the field. If you were to play Prenda In say, a Chad Cornes type role in defense he could grow into the position. I don't feel that Prenda has been tried long enough in a defensive position and that if he was given a bit more time he could grow into a damn good CHB

Scary part is people were replying and saying that they agreed lol.

My credibility = zero

I am excited about this Anthony Raso guy. Carlton has had a lot of success in picking players late in the draft in recent years and entirely based on that I am going to jump to the conclusion this guy should become a good player. They are saying he will take a bit of developing but he has good skills and with a bit of bulk will develop into a good player. Look forward to seeing Raso taking bags of marks and kicking bags of goals in seasons to come

I think Carlton should make me recruting manager.

Leeeeeeviiiiiiiiiiiii.

Originally Posted by mbosca
Apparently Joel Perry from North Melbourne has been delisted. We should take him in PSD and get rid of Henneman straight away. He would fill a key position for us down back.

No offence but if the Kangaroos delisted him do you really think he'd be able to fill a spot for Essendon? :confused: i spose anyone would be an upgrade over Henneman tho... Perhaps u should try and woo Luke Livingston in? :p
Pick up Hanson then you'll have him and Fletcher as your KPP :thumbsu:

Thats my first post in the Draft and Trading Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back