Society & Culture Your first world problems

Remove this Banner Ad

I have too many electrical gadgets and a power board of 6 outlets on my desk doesn't seem enough. I have two guitar amplifiers, the power hub thing for the my work laptop, an extra screen, my personal laptop, chargers for my AirPods, mobile charger, desktop guitar amp, it's all too much.

I have too many electrical gadgets and a power board of 6 outlets on my desk doesn't seem enough. I have two guitar amplifiers, the power hub thing for the my work laptop, an extra screen, my personal laptop, chargers for my AirPods, mobile charger, desktop guitar amp, it's all too much.

Just buy a USB hub with an AC adaptor and connect anything that only requires low power (1.5/2.0 amp) such as your Airpods/mobile devices to this. Connect your other devices (amplifiers/laptops) requiring normal power (10/15 amp) to the other 5 outlets on your power board.

71joCjYFxcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I remember many years ago once putting in 6 GPOs for a bloke's office desk, he obviously felt the same way.

Went to a nudist beach today, my first time, and realised the person who plopped themselves next to me was someone I’d not seen in many years. Was mulling over saying hi when I realised he had a raging hard on, so I opted not to. A shame, would’ve been nice for a catch up, but he seemed to be well.
endowed?

Getting sh*t delivered from eBay via AusPost always takes it time. I get shipping confirmation the day of ordering, but don't see the parcel come for another 2 weeks when there's retailers out there who can get things to my door step within 3-5 days.
I'm getting something from Queanbeyan, about 15km away. Its currently in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t get my AirPods to connect to my Windows laptop. I’ve tried turning it off and on again etc etc but no dice, now I have to do meetings with my corded ear buds

One assumes you have a 'Bluetooth capable' laptop or PC and you understand the related pairing procedures..?

Yeah like I said above I had them paired, then had a dodgy call so I tried unpairing and pairing again and they don't show up at all, maybe I set it to permanently forget or some sh*t

OK, I wasn't aware you actually had them paired. Try this:

1. Physically power off any other Bluetooth devices you may or not have paired to your laptop/PC.
2. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone and/or other mobile devices you have currently paired
2. Go into the settings on your laptop/PC and turn off Bluetooth.
3. Place the AirPods in their case and with the case open, press the button until it starts pulsing.
4. Go back into the settings on your laptop/PC and turn on Bluetooth.
5. After the initial pairing process, when/if you disconnect thereafter, your Laptop/PC 'should' remember the Airpods, just as it does any other device.
NB. Most Apple peripherals/adaptors are fickle outside their propriety environment and usually require priority connection.
NB2. The better half also previously had Airpod connection issues on her HP Laptop until I discovered turning off Bluetooth on her iphone solved the issue...

Good luck.

Last edited:

1. Physically power off any other Bluetooth devices you may or not have paired to your laptop/PC.
2. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone and/or other mobile devices you have currently paired
3. Place the AirPods in their case and with the case open, press the button until it starts pulsing.
5. After the initial pairing process, when/if you disconnect thereafter, your Laptop/PC 'should' remember the Airpods, just as it does any other device.
NB. Most Apple peripherals/adaptors are fickle outside their propriety environment and usually require priority connection.
NB2. The better half also previously had Airpod connection issues on her HP Laptop until I discovered turning off Bluetooth on her iphone solved the issue...

Good luck.

Thanks heaps mate, I’ll give it a go in the morning and write back, cheers

Good luck.

Success! I shut down my personal laptop, phone and opened the AirPods case (hadn't done this before) and used the button and it picked them up and connected, but then I couldn't hear anything through them and it would disconnect.

What I did then was remove my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and then it could connect and work properly, have now added keyboard and mouse back. I feel I'll have issues again but at least I know how to get rid of them.

Thanks again!

Yeah like I said above I had them paired, then had a dodgy call so I tried unpairing and pairing again and they don't show up at all, maybe I set it to permanently forget or some sh*t

set admin to default?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back