Your Gaming Backlog Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Funk me...my list just doesn't seem to dissipate, no matter how hard i try.

This is just a sample, cos I can't be bothered listing each and every.

Diablo 3
Skyrim
XCOM The Bureau
Dawn of War 2 - Chaos Rising
Metro Last Light
MGS Peace Walker
Ni No Kuni
Dark Souls
Borderlands 2
Hitman Absolution
AC Black Flag
Alan Wake
Dragons Dogma
Bastion
Legend of Grimrock
Torchlight 2
Darksiders 2
Star Ocean
Mass Effect 3
etc, etc...

If I didn't buy another game this year, I still wouldn't have finished these by the end of 2015, let alone 2014.

You might finish this by the end of 2015. :p

My list goes all the way back to PSX on PSP. And Earthbound. Would take me 5 years of constant gaming.

Well you better get started then. I don't have a huge backlog of games compared to most people but yep there just isn't enough time to play everything. I'm trying to get through a bunch of Final Fantasy games atm which is going to take me forever.

Well you better get started then. I don't have a huge backlog of games compared to most people but yep there just isn't enough time to play everything. I'm trying to get through a bunch of Final Fantasy games atm which is going to take me forever.
I've got a couple of Harvest Moons to 'complete'. Yeah ...

Although if I were smart I'd start with the Suikoden series I've always wanted to play through. Damn you, Konami.

currently playing:

Omega Ruby
Smash Bros 3DS online

half-playing/want to play more/need to complete:

Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes
Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm
Link Between Worlds (haven't started!!)

then the long-term list..

Link to the Past
Majora's Mask
Golden Sun (all)

Looking at my PS2 collection alone ...

Wild Arms 3 and 5
Suikodens 3 and 4
Star Ocean 3
Valkyrie Profile 2
Final Fantasy 13
Devil May Cry trilogy
Atelier Iris 2 and 3
Ar Tonelico 1 and 2
Ys: Ark of Napishtim
Dark Chronicle
Grandia 1 and 2
Kingdom Hearts
.hack QUARANTINE

I won't get through that in my lifetime.

Looking through my collection it would honestly be easier to list the ones I've completed rather than all the ones I'm partially through/never started.

Cuts me to the core every time I think about my decision to start a family :p

To those who have unopened games and massive backlogs of unplayed games - how exactly does that happen? I've got an unfinished Skyrim and a 3rd playthrough of GTA IV: TBOGT as well as GTA: San Andreas (probably 20th playthrough) on rotation at the moments but everything else has been clocked at least once.

How do these backlogs happen? Not a criticism, I'm genuinely curious.
Steam sales.

My backlog is massive, too long to name.

I was making progress then got hooked on Borderlands 2 for a long time. Kinda got over that so I've been playing through some other games now.

Finished The Swapper the other day. Excellent little puzzle game with a space/psychological setting. Very cool.

Started back up on The Walking Dead from where I left off about a year ago. Solid game.

Also, when I get into online-only games it tends to slow down my backlog progression. For example, only played CSGO for a while or DOTA, etc.

IMO if Half-Life is on anyone's backlog it should be put straight to the top of the list. (Hopefully it still plays as well now as it did on release, man what a game)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back