Your gaming habits?

Where do you buy your games?

• Online only gaming-specific stores (Game Lane, ozgameshop.com etc.)

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Online gaming-specific stores with retail locations (EB Games, GAME etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Online stores with retail locations (Big W, Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi etc.)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • In store gaming-specific retail locations (EB Games, GAME etc.)

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • In store retail locations (Big W, Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi etc.)

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to buy 3 or so games a month so used eBay almost exclusively unless there was an excellent price advertised in one of the retail stores like KMart or Target.

These days I buy maybe 1 game every 6 months or so and just buy it where I see it regardless of the price.

Forgot eBay, smash it to pieces every 3-6 months when I decide it's time to add to the old school collection. I'm a hoarder and have never sold one of my old games/systems, so as the years pass there's less and less old quality games to buy. Need to build or mod some furniture to display it all...

Other good place for old games/systems are garage sales. If you're willing to get up early enough you can build up your collection nicely and if you sell on the doubles/bargains you pick up along the way via eBay it's almost free!

Used to be JB, EB and to a lesser extent, Game.

Last couple of years its been mainly ozgameshop. Good prices, good delivery times, good customer service and a site rep is active on whirlpool. More recently ive been finding myself going to JB only for new releases, seeing how they have a lot for $69, but if its a game that i dont mind waiting a week for, generally still ozgameshop.

That earns the company a huge amount of rep imv.

:thumbsu:
Remember when I was younger I used to play footy in the park with the kid next door. One day he got WoW...literally did not see him after that...in a six month period I think I saw him once (getting ice cream from those vans).

I had just moved into a new shared place when one of WoW's expansions was released. I didn't really spend much time with my housemates but we spoke whenever we saw each other (we had very different schedules). Anyways, about three or four months pass - the bills are paid (automatically via Internet banking) so no need to chase up cash - and I see my housemate one day. It had quite honestly been about the second or third time we'd seen each other since the expansion came out and the first time we had a chance to actually chat. Between work, WoW, other activities (football, etc.) and did I say WoW we hadn't seen one another. Yikes.

To keep this on topic......

PC games -- Steam, GreenManGaming, the Indie Bundles, etc. I think over the past six months I've bought like 70+ games for about $150-200 on PC. I also purchase from JB, EB Games, etc. I have bought from OZG too.

PS games -- I bought FIFA13 at EB Games. I'm getting 2k13 and WWE 13 (pre-ordered) for Christmas both from EB. The other games I've gotten from eBay or PS+. With the game library on PS+ there is no need to purchase any games anymore for PS+ unless they're things I really want (FIFA, 2k13, WWE, etc.)

360 games -- I have not turned on my 360 in at least 5 months now. Very depressing as I always rated it above the PS. However, PS+ really rocked my boat and between PC gaming and the PS I have no time for 360. What makes it worse is that I have Mass Effect 3 essentially unopened and brand new.

Big W has been very cheap recently for games. The new Pokemon was only 40 something. And the previous games I have purchased from there have been cheaper too.

I will buy games in the series that I like, eg Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Pokemon, things like that - not all of the side-game ones, only the main ones. I mainly use Gamespot for games that are coming out, and if they get a good review then I research it more. That's how I found about Xenoblade Chronicles, which is one of the greatest games of all time. I found out about Portal through friends. But usually it is Gamespot and then further reviews by people.

I do not know why I even bother with EB Games anymore, went into day to buy a PSN network card and saw Red Dead for $21 pre-owned so decide to buy it aswell get home and there is no disk in the case and by the time I get back down to the shops they're closed (was 5:01 when I got there). They'll refund me or get me a disk won't they? Or will they think I'm doing something shady and tell me to piss off?

Picked up Dishonored aswell and picked up Tokyo Jungle off the PSN and also looking at getting NHL 13 as I am in need of some new games as the only game I've bought this year is FIFA 13.

I used to buy anywhere that would sell games at a half decent price. Avoided EB and GAME though. Bit of a mix of online and in-store purchaces.

For reviews, i go by posts on here or word of mouth by people i know. There is no chance in hell of me taking in a review from a dedicated gaming magazine or site. I don't find them 100% transparent and i get the feeling they can easily be persuaded into writing a good review if they're thrown a few $$$

I only go to EB if they will price match which they usually don't.

My local mini shopping centre has a K-Mart and a Dick Smith. With EB's policy not to price match if those shops currently don't have stock I just buy online from eBay or ozgameshop.

I often mention to the staff that surely a sale is a sale regardless of whether the opposition have stock or not.

Generally new releases are garnered from JB, and the rest of the time it's a mix of JB and EB, depending on current sales.

I don't tend to buy many games online, as I would much rather them be AU PAL.

I don't buy exclusively online or retail, rather just whenever I feel I can get the best price or if a good deal is going in-store. Occasionally buy from Cash Converters but that was more about 5 years ago as I have noticed in the last few years their prices for games are ridiculous at near brand new retail prices (at my local one anyway). I like to keep my eyes out for good deals. Used Amazon a few times, as did Ozgames Shop, but generally use MightyApe these days. Retail-wise, JB HiFi, sometimes EB.

I only buy from JB Hifi, if I cannot get it there I would look for it at department stores (Big W, Target, KMart).

Only buy maybe 1-2 games a year, don't really stray from the usual games I play unless something really catches my eye.

Play on at all costs in AFL Live, lobbed through balls in FIFA, apply the brakes late in F1, have marathon pro in Black Ops...

... and these games I bought at JB Hi-Fi. Can't stand EB, some of their prices are crapola.

Used to buy 3 or so games a month so used eBay almost exclusively unless there was an excellent price advertised in one of the retail stores like KMart or Target.

These days I buy maybe 1 game every 6 months or so and just buy it where I see it regardless of the price.

Same (ebay) - except replace kmart/target with JB Hi Fi 2nd hand deals. My game purchases / game playing has gone down significantly...

Back