Western Bulldogs
What gets your goat about the AFL?

Stadium Deals
Uneven Draw
Expansion
Umpires
Television Coverage

Let it all out here.

^^^^with this man, the rules committee are nothing but a joke...and a bloody bad one at that....all of them should resign and go home put on there slippers and pyjama's and stay the hell out of the game :thumbsdown: Duds the lot of 'em

I hate that the mandate of AFL clubs is not Football anymore. Its money and image.

I hate that the game does not resemble a game called Australian Rules Football.

I hate that money is used to prop up clubs that can't pay their way.

I hate Demetriou and his puppets. (16 AFL club Presidents)

I Hate International Rules.

Could write a book actually. The game has gone to s**t.

Media beat ups
Rule changes
Flooding

but most of all:

When Money becomes the most important thing in AFL. People have to make a living, but the AFL should not be run like it's bloody BHP or Macquarie Group. At the end of the day, it's a sport and nothing more.

- The terrible state of commentary we get served up, from the same old hacks
- The lack of common sense in the interpretation of in the back and too high, where players trying to avoid contact can still earn a weeks suspension
- The fascination and coverage of a players private life (but I guess the public can only blame its own inflated levels of perversion for this)
- The reluctence to let the game evolve naturally and the AFL's determination to introduce rules that force teams to turn the ball over (I mean, WTF!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^^with this man, the rules committee are nothing but a joke...and a bloody bad one at that....all of them should resign and go home put on there slippers and pyjama's and stay the hell out of the game :thumbsdown: Duds the lot of 'em

You do know that Matthew Pavlich is on the rules commitee.

Show mercy to Freo.

- Supporters and clubs who endlessly whinge about stadium deals and uneven draws
- Clubs who continue to leech off the AFL and don't do anything to make themselves sustainable
- Vlad and his merry men
- Changes to 'interpretation' of rules and the inability of umpires to apply more than one rule at a time, or apply any rule consistently
- Commentators who don't even take the time to know the basics of anything (the game, the clubs or the players)

jumper colour and design clashes

"big fish in small pond mentality" not necessarily in nsw or qld but when you get out of victoria, and go somewhere like sa and wa

the concept of WAGs, not to sound misogynistic but this pumps up the "big fish in small pond" concept ever so more

the delusion that it is the best game in the world, really? what game are we talking about? its not even the best game in australia if you go out to queensland and nsw, we have no idea what youre talking about!

lack of lower competition structure, ie the top flight is all we have for the sport, unlike Soccer where if you dont play for an english premier league team, you can ply your trade out in serie a in italy, the bundesliga in germany, or le liga in spain, or even one of the lower divisions in england itself, and you wouldnt be worst off. whereas here once youre out of the top tier, nobody cares what happens in the other 'divisions'

Biased commentary, i mean it makes it more exciting to watch with the commentators having a subjective point of view. but once you watch from an objective point of view, afl isnt all that exciting

-AFL is a sporting competition, not a BRW top 10 business.

-Clubs having to sell games, be compensated for the draw etc.- Does the AFL realise that we know it happens so THEY make more money to the detriment of what we love about OUR game??

-People who brag about the profits their clubs make- like it's their savvy investments that are pushing up the dollars...

-Western Sydney getting a team before Tassie. It's like building a toy store in a nursing home.

jumper colour and design clashes

"big fish in small pond mentality" not necessarily in nsw or qld but when you get out of victoria, and go somewhere like sa and wa

the concept of WAGs, not to sound misogynistic but this pumps up the "big fish in small pond" concept ever so more
:confused: what do the players partners have to do with anything?

the delusion that it is the best game in the world, really? what game are we talking about? its not even the best game in australia if you go out to queensland and nsw, we have no idea what youre talking about!
That's not our problem most people brought up on this game thinks it's the best game going around, who cares what NSW, Qld and the rest of the world thinks. Just beacause it's not popular in those places doesn't stop it being the best game.

lack of lower competition structure, ie the top flight is all we have for the sport, unlike Soccer where if you dont play for an english premier league team, you can ply your trade out in serie a in italy, the bundesliga in germany, or le liga in spain, or even one of the lower divisions in england itself, and you wouldnt be worst off. whereas here once youre out of the top tier, nobody cares what happens in the other 'divisions'
The lack of international competition is a positive in my eyes. the fact we can see the best players live each week is great.

Biased commentary, i mean it makes it more exciting to watch with the commentators having a subjective point of view. but once you watch from an objective point of view, afl isnt all that exciting
So our opinion is wrong because it differs from yours :rolleyes:

-the way they they have handled the tv deal and the no action taken to to make sure the fans get a better deal.
- no common sense to do the smart things, like moving a game from a venue that isnt big enough and they easily just swap games around and they dont. i mean they could swap one game that is being played at the mcg were their wouldnt be a big crowd and swaop it with a game at the dome were it would easily be sold out.
-to many night finals as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back