Your most hated thing about AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

- Supporters and clubs who endlessly whinge about stadium deals and uneven draws
- Clubs who continue to leech off the AFL and don't do anything to make themselves sustainable

- Vlad and his merry men
- Changes to 'interpretation' of rules and the inability of umpires to apply more than one rule at a time, or apply any rule consistently
- Commentators who don't even take the time to know the basics of anything (the game, the clubs or the players)

-Clubs who get a free ride into the AFL with draft picks and money at the expense of successful victorian clubs, yet manage to completely waste it all with no success and are allowed to stay in the competition and tell other clubs what they're doing wrong.

Apologies to other Freo supporters who don't agree with this git

The fact that the umpired cant let 2 minutes go by without calling some soft bullshit free kick.

The fact that people are surprised when there is a contest where no free kick is given away.

These 2 things in the last 2 or so years have ensured i can't watch neutral games as its just too annoying.

• Summer (no football)
  • Inconsistency of umpires (soft one minute, tough the next)
  • No attempt by rules committee to outlaw time-wasting i.e. kicking backwards (simple answer - make it play on when ball is kicked backwards)
  • Commentators that hype up play during a game when the result is a forgone conclusion
  • No Brownlow TV coverage (for Brisbane dwellers)
  • No AFL Draft TV or radio coverage (for Brisbane dwellers)
  • Crap TV coverage of AFL in Brisbane

-Clubs who get a free ride into the AFL with draft picks and money at the expense of successful victorian clubs, yet manage to completely waste it all with no success and are allowed to stay in the competition and tell other clubs what they're doing wrong.

Apologies to other Freo supporters who don't agree with this git

Sorry, you'll have to explain to me just what money it was that Freo received to enter the AFL? Freo actually paid a $4m licence fee (to help prop up said Victorian clubs) and have not received any CBF or other payments from the AFL beyond what all other clubs receive each year. If Freo wasn't in the competition and providing more money than they take, a few of the Victorian clubs might already be gone.

football 'experts' or people living in the past under the delusion football is a "man's game". um... no, have you seen the age of all the 'boys' drafted in saturday's draft?

what else is news? the average career lifespan of an average boy that joins the afl system is 3 1/2 years

hardly 'men' at all if you ask me

AFL obsessed with everything except the quality of the actual sport
AFL obsessed with TV rights at the expense of REAL footy states and people like Tassie and NT.
Over umpiring
Umpires being miked up - sounds utterly gey
Umpires explaining frees to players and calling them by first names - AFL looks like soft hicks
Amateur commentators - we need a 'Martin Tyler' and then a couple of good ex player comments guys WITH good speaking voices.
AFL needs a MOTD EPL style round wrap up that would look attractive to OS cable viewers. The international package is appalling and embarrassing.
AFL/SANFL/SA AFL clubs deal that stops AFL being played at Adelaide Oval despite 90% of South Aussies wanting footy there, and for Adel oval to be developed.
Tickets prices are way too high for the average 'johnny punch clock' and his kids.
Locked in themed rounds that are not based on Merit - ie the ANZAC day game should be replay of GF or between prior years highest based Vic clubs. Lesser Vic clubs are being totally shafted.
Vic media obsession with stories about club boards etc etc - concentrate on game
Obession with age by clubs - 2 years of Cousins will equal 15 of 95% of any kids in the draft.
Rebuilding = 'I admit I am a hopeless coach'
Demitriou!

There are so many......

I'd have to say the AFL ignoring the needs of struggling teams whilst trying to expand into Sydney.

If they spent a small percentage of what they expect to spend on expansion on securing the future of teams like Melbourne we'd have a better game in my opinion, even for teams of the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have to say the AFL ignoring the needs of struggling teams whilst trying to expand into Sydney.

If they spent a small percentage of what they expect to spend on expansion on securing the future of teams like Melbourne we'd have a better game in my opinion, even for teams of the future.

Boo freaking Hoo. Its called long term sustainability. If you were to start the AFL from scratch you would not have nearly as many Melbourne based teams, because its infeasible and nowhere else in the world is there an elite sport with ten teams in one city.

So the teams that cant support themselves in melbourne have no right to help. Because once all the tradition and sentiment washes away we will realise the game is better for not having clubs like yours in the game. + Melbourne, North, Carlton.

- The media being negative all the time, and ignoring the positives

- The draw being uneven, and even more so that everyone accepts this

- Abusive culture towards umpires by players and supporters. They frustrate me more than anyone, but I think AFL supporters go totally over the top with their language towards someone trying to do their job.

- The obsession with draft picks.

In order -

1. The Essendon Football Club

2. Hawthorn Supporters

3. Umpires

A common theme there , all of the above are weasels

Definetely all the new rules that have been brought in recently. Also the chipping around the defensive 50 with a couple minutes to go but the only way to stop that is to bring in a new rule but like i said, i don't like bringing in new rules

Collingwood_Football_Club_logo.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back