Teams Your Starting SC Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon I nailed the structure, everywhere looked great except the mid premos but surely that's an anomaly. Main concern right now is Hopper and somehow getting Chandler in whilst keeping Phillipou on the field, if Chandler goes big again and Hopper stinks it up

1679266172243.png

Reckon I nailed the structure, everywhere looked great except the mid premos but surely that's an anomaly. Main concern right now is Hopper and somehow getting Chandler in whilst keeping Phillipou on the field, if Chandler goes big again and Hopper stinks it up

View attachment 1634506
Team looks strong, nicely done (just unfortunate about Laird). If Chandler goes big again next week and you desperately want him while keeping Phillipou on field, you could always just trade Chesser, move Phillipou to the mids (Hollands at M9) and have Chandler at F6 (or just sideways Greene if he looks crap again).

Team looks strong, nicely done (just unfortunate about Laird). If Chandler goes big again next week and you desperately want him while keeping Phillipou on field, you could always just trade Chesser, move Phillipou to the mids (Hollands at M9) and have Chandler at F6 (or just sideways Greene if he looks crap again).

Thanks! Yeah I'm thinking I want to swap Chesser and move Phillipou to mids like you said. I'm not a huge fan of Hollands scoring potential on the wing either so having him on the bench suits also. I think Greene looked like one of the only dangerous Hawks forwards so could see him holding his spot long term

2023 Supercoach starting team.png
I'm usually a MPM person. I may have gone too far the other way this time. Is Super-Premo Madness a thing?

I spent big on a low number of high-priced premos, which did not pay off in round one. None of my seven $600K+ players even hit their average from 2022. I got 97 points each out of them plus a 50 captain score from Laird. They collectively averaged 118.8 last year. That's 200+ points less on my round 1 score than if they'd all hit their averages from last year.

I'm not panicking - at least not yet. I'm leaning towards no trades. If a rookie gets dropped, I may bring in Chandler. Otherwise, it's just going to be Chesser to the bench, probably for Uwland.

StartingSquad2023.jpg

This is what I ended up going in with.

I scored 2074, so it isn't all bad.

I like my backline, cannot actually believe Richards' ownership is so low, that 106 should have been more and there's plenty more where it came from IMO.

And super happy to have his Nicholasness.

Day starts with a junk score, but he had 22 possessions and 8 marks. Hopefully doesn't butcher it so bad in future.

I had LDU and Green in the mids for most of the preseason but ended up with Noah and Cerra in those spots. I'd like to own all four, but I'm backing my two to score more than they did this week over the journey. But yeah fair to say I am coveting Luke and Tom right now lol.

De Goey at M5 is gold I reckon.

Grundy's probably my biggest headache. I will be running him for at least a month and don't look forward to finding a way to get him out if I must. Hopefully he gets a much tastier role next week. I think it's possible, but yeah I am concerned.

I spent up on the forwards (at the bottom end) and got four scores between 50 and 65 lol. Cunnington was partly a victim of circumstance I feel, no Goldy and then Xerri going down really buggered him. So did missing two fairly easy shots at goal. I expect him to improve.

Bruhn is gone for Sheez.

Ben Long was 31 at quarter time and I was giving myself a pat on the back. Three quarter time and he was about the same score lol. He did a really good job on Heeney, keeping him to a dozen possessions. He made a few errors that cost him points when he had the opportunity to score some. He's probably the guy I should be turning into Sheezel, but I'm going to be stubborn about him. He got one kickout and hit Wittsy on the nipple, Dew needs to realise he's a better option than these other chancey kents and give him the responsibility. When there isn't a matchup on a 3/4 sized elite forward, I think he'll be able to zone off and get more of those intercept marks. I'm gonna find out the hard way.

Overall I am ruing a couple of late changes but I think I can work with this mob if they buy into my game plan

View attachment 1634978

This is what I ended up going in with.

I scored 2074, so it isn't all bad.

I like my backline, cannot actually believe Richards' ownership is so low, that 106 should have been more and there's plenty more where it came from IMO.

And super happy to have his Nicholasness.

Day starts with a junk score, but he had 22 possessions and 8 marks. Hopefully doesn't butcher it so bad in future.

I had LDU and Green in the mids for most of the preseason but ended up with Noah and Cerra in those spots. I'd like to own all four, but I'm backing my two to score more than they did this week over the journey. But yeah fair to say I am coveting Luke and Tom right now lol.

De Goey at M5 is gold I reckon.

Grundy's probably my biggest headache. I will be running him for at least a month and don't look forward to finding a way to get him out if I must. Hopefully he gets a much tastier role next week. I think it's possible, but yeah I am concerned.

I spent up on the forwards (at the bottom end) and got four scores between 50 and 65 lol. Cunnington was partly a victim of circumstance I feel, no Goldy and then Xerri going down really buggered him. So did missing two fairly easy shots at goal. I expect him to improve.

Bruhn is gone for Sheez.

Ben Long was 31 at quarter time and I was giving myself a pat on the back. Three quarter time and he was about the same score lol. He did a really good job on Heeney, keeping him to a dozen possessions. He made a few errors that cost him points when he had the opportunity to score some. He's probably the guy I should be turning into Sheezel, but I'm going to be stubborn about him. He got one kickout and hit Wittsy on the nipple, Dew needs to realise he's a better option than these other chancey kents and give him the responsibility. When there isn't a matchup on a 3/4 sized elite forward, I think he'll be able to zone off and get more of those intercept marks. I'm gonna find out the hard way.

Overall I am ruing a couple of late changes but I think I can work with this mob if they buy into my game plan

Very interesting team 😮.
You really are your own man.
I like Anderson .
Cerra can eat a bag of chiols tho .

Long a shittruck IMO

Add shezzle maybe Chandler you'll up grade quickly and finish high as fuuu.

Hot team..woof.

hot-dog dog GIF

View attachment 1634506

This team is
cat smoking GIF by sheepfilms

Rooke swap next week for Chandler.
Fwd line is gun.

Hooper will get plenty of chances he's a stepping stone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1679364427513.png

A miss on Bruhn was disappointing, watched closely in PS and had the role but didnt factor in use of young mids by Scott. My mistake.

Sheez I just wasnt sure if fwd or back and got the intel a touch too late, comes in this week.

Been high on Worps all PS, v happy with his role and attitude. Cameron 75/25 split with Cox is good enough

Jury still out on Rat, will get a look against slower ball movement this week.

2125 a pass mark to start with 200K to tidy up some errors

Very interesting team 😮.
You really are your own man.
I like Anderson .
Cerra can eat a bag of chiols tho .

Long a shittruck IMO

Add shezzle maybe Chandler you'll up grade quickly and finish high as fuuu.

Hot team..woof.

hot-dog dog GIF

Cerra averaged 107 post return from injury that put a 5 in his season total and average.

I think that the 5 and the 62 that followed it when he was eased back in have lowered his season average and price appreciably. They make him a bargain at 500k IMO, priced at 91. He's definitely better than that.

His 139 in Round 23 against my mighty Pies was eye-catching. That won't be the best game he ever plays, I don't reckon. In Round 1, Voss screwed him by giving him too many minutes on the bench in the first three quarters and then wasting his freshness by sending him to the backline in the final term. It cost Crazy Mick the game IMO and Adam still scored a ton. Hopefully, Voss defies the odds and learns his lesson and Cerra is deployed properly against the Cats - if so there's a 125+ incoming. I'm happy to have Cerra as one of my Grasscutters talismans. As an offsider to Cripps he has much more class than Hewett or Kennedy

Here's my team starting round 1.
Scored 2132 so happy even though their are a few misses.
Went strong on the midfield pine so missed Mackenzies score which is annoying so may trade out kelly and go for Cogs up forward or Daics in the backline.
Happy with Setters and Worps and JDG is on fire :)

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 3.26.22 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back