My SC year in review 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The season is finished for those of us who have ran out of trades already, and for some it may have been even earlier :'(
I know this is a bit early, but I thought it may be worthwhile to start this thread whilst SC is still fresh in our mind and we still have people around in this SC forum.

I've borrowed this format from Jiska

Highlights

Trade hits

Trade misses

Starting team - who lasted the distance

Injuries

Regrets

What will you do different next year?

My year started badly and never quite recovered, but still I persisted and soldiered on.

Highlights
Not too many, but I've enjoyed early & different VCs from the byes onwards, especially VC Gawn on 215 for RD18
Enjoyed holding onto Darcy and reaping good points
Enjoyed trading in Briggs and slotted nicely at R2 - which, allowed money to be spread around. Otherwise, my season would have been a lot worst!

Trade hits
RD6 - Butters
RD12 - Ridley (unfortunately injured now)
RD12 - Briggs (form dropped off a bit)

Trade misses
Too many
RD4 - LDU
RD5 - Yeo
RD5 - Pickett

Laird, Day, Bont, JHF, Dunkley, Rozee, Gulden
Yikes - not many at all, and even by cheating with doing a Roughie on Laird

Injuries
Too many, if I recall correctly
Fyfe X2, Hopper, DC, Docherty, Yeo, LDU, Jones, Setters, Mills, Oliver, Darcy, JDG (suspension), Green

Listing that out, I can see where my trades went - 14!!!

Regrets
There were a few:
1. Trading out Taranto in RD3 to get DC in, as TT was too bland and won't score much more than 100! Only got TT to punish me and DC to be injured the next round
2. RD9 - got angry after VC Mills got an early injury on 4 points. Then was too clever by half. Traded out Marshall (supposedly injured) to Gawn, and Ashcroft to Atkins. I've lost so many points in this week, via a series of stupid moves including changing the captain to Gawn and of course both Marshall and Ashcroft did well.
3. Trading in highly injury prone players (Fyfe & Yeo)
4. Starting with Laird instead of Oliver; 50/50 choice and I went the wrong way with Laird RD1 50 point captain, it set the year up badly!

A few things:
1. Not going to get any highly injury prone players, no matter how tempting
2. Not be so wasteful on trades in the first 8 rounds
3. Not trading in players over 600K, until at least after byes

1690425494727.png 1690425542538.png

1690425605649.png

RD1 Team

1690427323195.png

Current Team
1690427372262.png

It sucked.
the end film GIF by Denyse

Highlights
Round 8 2622 to be ranked 22nd for the week my best single week rank ever.

Trade hits

More of a start hit taking Stocker, he could hold his head high early, Anderson as well.
Buying into Windy and not Sheldrick
Humphrey B Bear was another one who made some quick cash and points.
Merrett early after the bye was also helpful.
Ryan round 2 and Sinclair round 7 early crows but worked.

Trade misses

LDU is probably the only one that falls into here in round 2 at 557K out round 10 at 497K.
Drury came in then died.

Not one of my starting back 6 made the distance. Doc, Dale, Stocker, Ginbey, McKenna, Wilmot. CC made it through....
Laird, Bont, Anderson, Marshall, Dunks, Rozee Gulds, Sheez and everyones favourite looper Madden.

Injuries

Darcy, Jelly and Doc early. Other than that been ok. LDU hurt after trading in and Green recently.

Regrets

Starting Dale over Daicos because of the TAG.
Starting Darcy over English. Would have saved two trades but lets be honest I'd have wasted them anyway.

Not be scared by the word tag.

Round 1.PNG Round 20.PNG

Trade 1.jpg Trade 2.jpg Trade 3.jpg

Pos1.jpg
Pos2.jpg
Pos3.jpg
Pos4.jpg
Pos5.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back