Game Day 2023 Round 19 Discussion - Will the SC Gods be kind this week?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saw this, too
The double into the man on the mark was saucy, the umpire paying in the back of the noise of affirmation coming from three men and a dog was the icing on the šŸŽ‚.
This joint would go to seed without us two hardworking journos keeping this mob up to speed.
We should do our own podcast a la Purps and Hutchdog šŸ¤”

Scoops feels let down by auto-correct technology.
It's not that Scoops can't type and has no quality control, kids, it's Elon Musk's fault.

Last edited:
2529 par score

A team named Baffingwood FC stevebbb ? came back from the FN clouds (thanks to the late game Steele/Marshall/Sheezel) to pip me in T1 and officially knock me out of any potential finals chance. campaigner.

Iā€™m cooked šŸ”„
Yep that was me. Wasn't following the Saints v North game, so when I hopped on SC later, I had to double take when I saw my score. Unlucky mate.

I thought it was going ok with a 2532 only to get done in 2/3 leagues.

Carrying Laird and Cripps who hopefully are back and firing this week.

In BF Blues Divvy 1 I'm fifth for total points yet languishing in 13th on the ladder at 7-10 W/L. It's just bad gameday coaching. Players are choking in the close ones. Need a long hard look at themselves.

2537 had me drop 144 spots to 1578.
Just been floating around this rank for the last 8 weeks which is pretty annoying.

Kinda got Sunday'd, not by my players, but by every common player I didn't have dropping 120-160s.

Lost a cashie to a team that was ranked 48k, just that kinda week.

Huge tumble, but not sure what I was expecting when I copped a 0 and had Maric + Harvey on the field. Cripps + Laird back this week will help me a lot. Still holding Green for league finals.

1690159620189.png

2,481 with Laird on the pine and being forced to swallow Harvey's 16 (after assuring myself that he should at the very least be able to match Johnson's 29). Pretty much sums up my season when a 67 from Maric is actually a cause for celebration. On the plus side, I've managed to break into the top 15k - just.

How things work out ...sometimes good sometimes šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©šŸ’©.

Got green and Stewart few weeks back....thought I would keep Rebecca as cover.
Ching was scoring poor at the time thought he might get the boot šŸ‘Ÿ.

Then last week A lot of my cover was inj in the one week...pelican, Wardlaw and Rebecca..

I could of got someone else probs better than green if I traded Rebecca..insteed .

Also was looking at serong that week ...then he missed the next .

Was looking at cripps last week ...then he missed this week.

Every week A whindy road ....the SC gods and Tim pencil neck Mitchell are out to get us ...

A mate of mine who doesn't watch footy and who only makes trades when we remind him has scored 2787.

His Dad is currently in a coma after a massive car accident.

I've never wanted somebody to win the weekly more.

Update: He finished 12th for the round.

No further update on his father at this stage.

Haha nice try Jisk, was waiting for this! šŸ˜‚

Been around these here traps for zonks. Given listenership numbers, am sure some would also know me as host of the SuperCoach Edge podcast/vodcast. I'd post links, but the Chinese BigFooty censors banned that ability long ago, so you'll have to just click the link in my bio. šŸ˜…

Alas, one look at my posting history and there is no hiding I am a fellow campaigner... despite the fake mustache.

season 4 monty burns GIF

Speaking of campaigners, surely the weekly winner had a purpose-built one week team aiming to win the weekly with Curnow in his team (and with the VC to boot) - there is no explaining why else he would have him.

Last edited:
Haha nice try Jisk, was waiting for this! šŸ˜‚

Been around these here traps for zonks. Given listenership numbers, am sure some would also know me as host of one of the SuperCoach Edge podcast/vodcast. I'd post links, but the Chinese BigFooty censors banned that ability long ago, so you'll have to just click the link in my bio. šŸ˜…

Alas, one look at my posting history and there is no hiding I am a fellow campaigner... despite the fake mustache.

season 4 monty burns GIF

Speaking of campaigners, surely the weekly winner had a purpose-built one week team aiming to win the weekly with Curnow in his team (and with the VC to boot) - there is no explaining why else he would have him.
Scoops can vouch for W_T_G's bona fides and as far as Scoops is aware, the Scoops Seal of Approval ā„¢ļø remains valid coin in this realm, if perhaps no longer the most sought after imprimatur given his recent downward spiral into 'journalism'.
W_T_G is closer to a Gerry / an OG than a rook / newby, good folks at home, and should enjoy unrestricted posting and/or gloating privileges. This includes any and all Simpsons references he may wish to incorporate.
Scoops welcomes W_T_G taking time out of his busy schedule on his charge to glory to post his score and remind the group of the sensational buying that George Hewett represented last week. It's the kick up the clacker some of these characters need.
Hopefully we can put this unsavoury incident behind us and heal together as a group.
Namaste.
(Outrageous score, good on you, apologies for using your post as a springboard to post nonsense šŸ‘)
d48eacf0-24f3-4cee-bc54-441e285bd4d2_text.gif

To my surprise, Curnow has been pretty solid this year. 80+ most weeks with a few big ones mixed in, not behd

Scoops can vouch for W_T_G's bona fides and as far as Scoops is aware, the Scoops Seal of Approval ā„¢ļø remains valid coin in this realm, if perhaps no longer the most sought after imprimatur given his recent downward spiral into 'journalism'.
W_T_G is closer to a Gerry / an OG than a rook / newby, good folks at home, and should enjoy unrestricted posting and/or gloating privileges. This includes any and all Simpsons references he may wish to incorporate.
Scoops welcomes W_T_G taking time out of his busy schedule on his charge to glory to post his score and remind the group of the sensational buying that George Hewett represented last week. It's the kick up the clacker some of these characters need.
Hopefully we can put this unsavoury incident behind us and heal together as a group.
Namaste.
(Outrageous score, good on you, apologies for using your post as a springboard to post nonsense šŸ‘)
View attachment 1752804

the big lebowski GIF

I endorse said nonesense! You know you're doing something right when Scoops gives you the tick of approval... or maybe it's the opposite? :think:

PS. I take it you're familiar with our own Simpsons nonsense on the poddy or is this merely in reference to the GIF above? Must say, at this point after 3 seasons of existence our poddy is bordering on being a platform that exists to make SC Simpsons references masquerading as a hard edged stats-driven SC poddy... which can only be a good thing! :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To my surprise, Curnow has been pretty solid this year. 80+ most weeks with a few big ones mixed in, not behd
Not behd, but probably not good soize as a permanent fixture of a side.

But I guess same could be argued for those with Jezza? More a genuine F9 to loop off the bench for his ceiling scores. Good on the lad for owning him and helping deliver him the moolah! (even though he owes me $2k ;))

All out for 2326 in the end and I'm limping towards these final rounds

If my team were a horse, it would be shot, but I can't blame the team when their coach is a dimwit

I'll be carrying Ashcroft on the bench, unfortunately, but the majority of my bench cover is at least getting games... The issue is that they're terrible games

Hopefully Laird & Yeo are back sometime soon, if not this round, as I'd like at least one more 2500+ score for the year so I can have a little brag and then depart this forum until early 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back