Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Ron Sexmith last week at the Rosemount.

Always a quality performer, but only ever seen him solo before. His band were very tight and the gig was sensational. Great voice, even if a little strained as he admitted himself.

Coming up

I have tickets for the following
Paul Kelly with the Merri Soul Sessions - Dan Dultan, Vika and Linda Bull, Kasey Chambers, Lucinda Williams.
Diana Krall
Gillian Welch
The Necks with Hauschka
Wynton Marsalis

Also keen to see Stiff Little Fingers.

Interested in seeing The Buzzcocks again as they were brilliant last time, but they are within a week of SLF and not sure if I can do both.

Did you catch him last he was here for Age of Adz? I went to both back to back and they were amazing.

Yep. I went along expecting an interesting show. I would say that I enjoy his albums without loving them.

That show was mind blowing. In my top few gigs ever.

Going to see Paul Dempsey on Sunday. Easily my favourite Australian musician. The best voice in Australian music too.
Heaps of people say how much they love his voice, and he seems like a good guy... I don't know why, but the voice really irritates me.

Heaps of people say how much they love his voice, and he seems like a good guy... I don't know why, but the voice really irritates me.
Have you seen him live before? He's top notch. Just such good range especially for a voice so gravely. His first solo album is one of my personal favourites.

Have you seen him live before? He's top notch. Just such good range especially for a voice so gravely. His first solo album is one of my personal favourites.
No, not live. I don't know...I just find it a bit boring. Kind of in between Pete Murray and Chris Cheney. Personal taste though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gillian Welch (will be GOAT, bank on it). Will buy a ticket to Rawlings' solo show as well.
The Necks @ The recital centre (a woman bought me this ticket)
Jesus & Mary Chain
Meredith- I wanna see Big Daddy Kane, Goat, Drug Sweat, Julia Holter, SMB, Optimo, Floating Points, Shellac a few others
Golden Plains- Sean Kuti, Black Madonna, Sadar Bahar (absolute legend)
Other techno shows.

Gillian Welch (will be GOAT, bank on it). Will buy a ticket to Rawlings' solo show as well.
Jesus & Mary Chain
Meredith- I wanna see Big Daddy Kane, Goat, Drug Sweat, Julia Holter, SMB, Optimo, Floating Points, Shellac a few others
Other techno shows.
Jamc will be incredible

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Going to see Paul Dempsey on Sunday. Easily my favourite Australian musician. The best voice in Australian music too.

Tickets for Sufjan next year aswell.

Not a massive fan of his music but the #1 nicest musician I have met....and I've met a few. Also he nailed "Know your Product" singing out front with Hunters and Collectors and that counts for a lot in my book :thumbsu:

Jesus & Mary Chain
Other techno shows.

I would go and see the Dave Rawlings Machine if they were playing here !

Add Archie Roach - Back To Charcoal Lane - 25 Years On, to my earlier list. Going on Friday night.

Was going to give it a miss because it is a busy time of the year and will be out almost every night of the week, but too good to miss.

I missed another one.

My up to date list for gigs that I am going to.

Archie Roach- Back To Charcoal Lane - 25 Years On
Paul Kelly with the Merri Soul Sessions - Dan Dultan, Vika and Linda Bull, Kasey Chambers, Lucinda Williams.
Diana Krall
Gillian Welch
The Necks with Hauschka
Wynton Marsalis
Rob Snarski
Stiff Little Fingers.

I saw Taylor Swift last night.

Had better speeches than Kanye and the stadium was pretty spectacular all night, everyone had these glowing wristbands... made for some cool imagery and photos.

I don't like her as a person. She's very false and contrived, she just doesn't seem authentic at all. But you see her in a space like that and you can understand why she's so big. Great theatrics but just tune after tune – she has written so many good pop songs.

She was just a real performer, obviously she's honed it well but man, she knows what to do. It's definitely worth the $130 seating tickets alone. You can tell she's at the absolute peak of her game, and it feels great to see someone who really is the zeitgeist and in their prime. It's something you can remember for a long time – that time you saw Taylor Swift when she sold 90,000 tickets in Melbourne.

Cruyff14 how did you find it?

I saw Taylor Swift last night.

Had better speeches than Kanye and the stadium was pretty spectacular all night, everyone had these glowing wristbands... made for some cool imagery and photos.

I don't like her as a person. She's very false and contrived, she just doesn't seem authentic at all. But you see her in a space like that and you can understand why she's so big. Great theatrics but just tune after tune – she has written so many good pop songs.

She was just a real performer, obviously she's honed it well but man, she knows what to do. It's definitely worth the $130 seating tickets alone. You can tell she's at the absolute peak of her game, and it feels great to see someone who really is the zeitgeist and in their prime. It's something you can remember for a long time – that time you saw Taylor Swift when she sold 90,000 tickets in Melbourne.

Cruyff14 how did you find it?
I saw her on Thursday and I have to agree with all of the above, except about not liking her as a person. I think she's very genuine and authentic to who she is. But that's just what I think. Could be wrong.

As a live performer she's right up there with the best I've seen (Springsteen and Coldplay) in that it was just a completely fun, liberating night that makes you forget everything else going on and just focus on the experience. She's incredibly talented, you can tell she loves performing and is having fun herself. Add in the great vibe in the crowd, the wide range of ages, genders and levels of superfan, and it was just a really great night.

Took some shots as I do:

Taylor Swift - 1989 World Tour Melbourne

Beautiful night watching Archie Roach at the Fremantle Arts Centre last night.

25 years since Charcoal Lane and he played all ten tracks accompanied by another guitarist and Lucky Oceans on slide, plus Lucky on piano accordion for No, No, No.

Lucky interviewed him between tracks and he told the story of how many of them came about. They are clearly good friends and it was more like we were watching a couple of mates catch up. Archie has trouble with his lungs these days and was often out of breath during the interviews, but then sang beautifully every song.

Just a beautiful occasion, if a bit sad at seeing how frail Archie seemed at times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back