Zac Dawson appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting comparison.
That's why I reckon their depth is shallow. You can argue all day whether players try hard in reserve sides but if you have a dedicated reserve side and they have won 0 games from 5, there is likely to be some pain ahead.

NM are a totally different kettle of fish.

Zac's positives...

Well he does have long arms - all the better to chop the marking player's arm's with

He is quite flexible - all the better the grab hold of a player trying to take a mark or start a lead

He has pretty good closing speed - all the better to get in that all important push in the back just below the numbers of the player trying to take the mark

He has a remarkable inability to tell the difference between the head and the body - comes in handy when indiscriminately smacking something in a marking contest.

He has very strong focus - on the man, not the ball.

But most of all he has Ross Lyon's favorite character trait - a complete lack of regard for the rule book.

So many positives! :thumbsu:

Man I hope Zac gets a week for that dog elbow he hit the Little Master (move over Sachin) with. And then I hope Ross darts his eyes all over his 10 year old boy-eque rig.

Yep. He looked like a bloke who just realised that his chances of a flag have gone during his presser. No other club should touch him after he walks from the Dockers after leaving both them and the Saints on the precipice of a rebuild for zero flags.

I have watched my only Ross Lyon coached game for the year. Thank god the defensive cr*p he calls football has not won a flag, otherwise we'd have to put up with other sides copying them. If we're going to have another side other than NM up the top and setting the agenda for how football should be played, at least Hawks/Geelong generally play attractive football to watch. Long may Ross Lyon coached teams continue to lose.

Meh, I think that's a bit of a stereotype. The Freo/Sydney final last year was one of the most exciting games I saw last season.

Their round one match proved they can hit the scoreboard. He is defensive oriented but there's nothing wrong with that. They still have good players to watch - Mundy, Fyfe & Pav in particular.

Man I hope Zac gets a week for that dog elbow he hit the Little Master (move over Sachin) with. And then I hope Ross darts his eyes all over his 10 year old boy-eque rig.

There is something wrong with the focus of the game when cheap elbows to the head behind play don't attract any mention from the MRP but hard contests at the ball which result in incidental contact with the head gets you rubbed out.

i personally think the dockers list lacks the St'kilda talent.... that Saints team was pretty good... just couldn't get the job done...

Freo has some great players but also some serious spuds... they should challenge for a few years but who knows...

to be fair i think Pagan left our list with development issues... probably not his fualt though... we didnt have a development program in place at the time.... well not a decent one anyway...

He went harder at David Swallow...three draft picks offered.

Meh, I think that's a bit of a stereotype. The Freo/Sydney final last year was one of the most exciting games I saw last season.

Their round one match proved they can hit the scoreboard. He is defensive oriented but there's nothing wrong with that. They still have good players to watch - Mundy, Fyfe & Pav in particular.

I didn't feel that way about it. After the tension of the first quarter subsided I thought it was generally a pretty ordinary affair.
The grand final before that, Sydney V Hawks was a ripper.

Although, I'd have to say the Ross Lyon coached Saints that drew the first Grand Final with Collingwood was a very good show.

top thread, i have never been a fan of Zac, imo he was made to look a lot better than he is by the RL game plan... he was found out many a time one on one. he looks great when he has 1-2 free floating defenders backing him up. bar that he dose have a decent kick on him.

IMO the main reason he pushed to get to Fero was to be able to keep his career going as he wouldn't have gone to well having to take out KF each week with the ball coming in nonstop.

very happy to see you guys win last weekend and i am now starting to think the fero ship is spring a few leaks.. early but i doubt freo will be in a GF this year and then it's curtains for them.. the RL game plan is to demanding on players.

Dal looking good for you guys atm... just what your team needed. I hope Daw stays on playing as he's looking good just needs some time to get his confidence up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dal looking good for you guys atm... just what your team needed.
How does he look compared to his Saints days. Seems more involved than I recall him being but given I didn't notice as much then was wondering what a Saints supporter might think.

Don't be so harsh on Tom, he has some acting skill. Not a lot, I concede, relative to many other Hollywood actors.

Not exactly who I had in mind, lol.....best thing about Zac Dawson is that is he isn't playing for us;)

Credit to exile on the main board gifs section.
CFS8x.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back