Cairns AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
COURT IS IN SESSION

$1000 a game,how can they affors that up there???

I guess they may be able to afford it seeing as though they havnt paid there players from last year.I hope Rickter doesnt get burnt.

I agree goalsquare clapper,i think a lot of past players may be a little irate.But rumour has it most past players wont have anything to do with Norths anyway.

COURT ADJOURNED

Time for some Tiger influence.
Kane Richter is a North Cairns junior, and as such you would think the league, his employer, might suggest that he help his old club, who have been struggling, rather than go to a team like Saints, who by all reports are going to be strong again anyway. An more even competition means a stronger competition. I do not know if he has signed with the Tigers or not, but I can nearly guarantee that Norths cannot afford to spend $1000 a game on 1 player.
Good judge, as a long time supporter and ex-player of North Cairns, I don't think that 'rumour' is true. Our past players days are well attended and our Facebook group 'North Cairns Old Boys' is growing all the time.
Haven't heard the one about ass. coach (or players) not getting paid, the 'rumour' might be his way of trying to come up with a half decent reason for leaving ??

What a hornets nest Cairns football has become!
If Kane signs (or signed) with norths it will certainly not be for $1000 a game.
I agree with watsons oval, the league (his employer) should encourage him to sign with a struggling team rather than one of the power house clubs of the compitition, but the decision at the end of the day will his and only his.
As for the other players who negotiated their contracts, from what I understand, were all very happy with what they were offered.
As for sugar daddy sponsers the word is Bill Anderson constructions along with a couple of others have tipped in plenty to sure up a succesful year for the Tigers.

court is in session

So,what you are saying is the league tells players where to play.mmm maybe a conflict of interest there.

Facebook,What the.Are you serious?

That is by no way a true reflection of how a club is percieved.

Ok Watsons,tell me this.Why have so many players left the club?Not just players but ex captains,coaches and committee people not too mention the many supporters.

And as for the guy who hasnt been paid,I do think its more than an excuse to leave. And why would he need an excuse to leave surely if he doesnt like the club he doesnt need an excuse.And to set the record straight i do believe legal proceeding have begun,so that says to me it is a serious matter

Court adjourned

a) A conflict of interest?? I would have thought it would be in the leagues BEST interest to have an even competition. If that means recommending a former junior return to his old club, so be it.
b) Players come and go throughout the league. It has been happening for years and will continue to happen. When a side is struggling as we have for the last 5 years, some people would rather play for immediate success rather than go through 2,3,4 years of rebuilding. Coaches- our current coach is in his 2nd year and the one before him was there for 3, there are other clubs in Cairns with worse records than this. Supporters- as above, when we are winning games supporters come and watch, when we are losing they don't bother (again the same for any club in the league)Committee- It is no secret that we are light-on for volunteers and committee members, but the current committee is working hard and their numbers have increased already this year.
It seems that you are intent on making North Cairns Football Club sound as bad as you possibly can, I am here to ensure that the Tigers have a voice, and to let people know that we are heading in the right direction.

a) A conflict of interest?? I would have thought it would be in the leagues BEST interest to have an even competition. If that means recommending a former junior return to his old club, so be it.
b) Players come and go throughout the league. It has been happening for years and will continue to happen. When a side is struggling as we have for the last 5 years, some people would rather play for immediate success rather than go through 2,3,4 years of rebuilding. Coaches- our current coach is in his 2nd year and the one before him was there for 3, there are other clubs in Cairns with worse records than this. Supporters- as above, when we are winning games supporters come and watch, when we are losing they don't bother (again the same for any club in the league)Committee- It is no secret that we are light-on for volunteers and committee members, but the current committee is working hard and their numbers have increased already this year.
It seems that you are intent on making North Cairns Football Club sound as bad as you possibly can, I am here to ensure that the Tigers have a voice, and to let people know that we are heading in the right direction.
here here i agree, sound like the good judge is more like judge judy. good to see norths trying to improve, and as for the assistant coach taking legal proceedings he , if true is wasting his money. a local footy contract is not worth the paper it is written on, if they are not good on their word then bad luck, perhaps the player has not done his job. good luck in court i say, the only chance he will have of getting anything will be if the good judge is running proceedings, but dont think he could even run a game of bingo !!. ps how are the mighty bulldogs going

here here i agree, sound like the good judge is more like judge judy. good to see norths trying to improve, and as for the assistant coach taking legal proceedings he , if true is wasting his money. a local footy contract is not worth the paper it is written on, if they are not good on their word then bad luck, perhaps the player has not done his job. good luck in court i say, the only chance he will have of getting anything will be if the good judge is running proceedings, but dont think he could even run a game of bingo !!. ps how are the mighty bulldogs going

Ok, Ok I also think judge Judy or what ever his name is having a bit of trouble getting a grip on reality.
If any of us wanted to pick holes in any club we could but that would serve no real purpose.
I think the best thing we all can do now is get back to looking after our own clubs and watching Kane play some good footy in Cairns
(maybe in a yellow and black jersy).
As the for the bulldogs I think they'll do just fine this season, they've got good people out there always trying to do the right thing.

just looking for some info on a young bloke who has returned from cairns to ballarat. mathew caine(kane) played with cairns saints i believe, can anyone shed some light on how he plays. cheers.

court is in session

Football contracts not being legally binding???

Well UPTHEMIDDLE I think that you will find that with any contract it is binding.There have been many cases throughout Australia where Players have pursued payments via the courts,whether it be small claims or otherwise and won.Maybe if you did some homework you may have some insight.To be honest I think that any club that does not honour contracts is walking a fine line,its not fair on the player or the league.

Am I picking holes in North Cairns???I think not.I was simply replying to a previous post that was incorrect in saying that Norths have signed Rickter which was and is totally incorrect.

If Watsons,upthemiddle and bigfan cant post accurate post please refrain from doing so.

In regards to a conflict of interest,I do belive it would be a better system to refer the player to all clubs and let him make up his own mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love reading a bit of banter and rumour here and have done on my work breaks to get me through, all without joining to ever write. But thegoodjudge, you can't keep having a go at a struggling club.

Every club has a turn down the bottom and obviously this bloke Rickter is hot property in the Cairns AFL. You are picking holes. Its all friendly banter and peoples opinions but watch how far you step. Obviously you have upset a couple of volunteers with your comments, poor effort really for a club that has been going through a rough patch on the field.

Seems all very quiet for season 2010, I don't think the signing of one player can change the whole season so I'd love to know how each club is looking for the coming season? New recruits/players to watch?

court is in session

Football contracts not being legally binding???

Well UPTHEMIDDLE I think that you will find that with any contract it is binding.There have been many cases throughout Australia where Players have pursued payments via the courts,whether it be small claims or otherwise and won.Maybe if you did some homework you may have some insight.To be honest I think that any club that does not honour contracts is walking a fine line,its not fair on the player or the league.

Am I picking holes in North Cairns???I think not.I was simply replying to a previous post that was incorrect in saying that Norths have signed Rickter which was and is totally incorrect.

If Watsons,upthemiddle and bigfan cant post accurate post please refrain from doing so.

In regards to a conflict of interest,I do belive it would be a better system to refer the player to all clubs and let him make up his own mind.

Hey judge judy, please explain where I have submitted a post that is in accurate?

Read the posts clearly before you condem everyone

hey good judge. you sound like you are having fun on this website. all i can say is poor norths. they are struggling because of them. no need to feel sorry for them. but you judge, you sound like you have too much time on your hands. you have been entertaining but you prob have never played a game in your life and if you have it would have been for division 10 reserves, and you are still playing and trying to hang on to what little time you have left.

Very interesting read as of late.

It would seem as if North Cairns are not very popular with atleast one member of our law community. Further to the point it would seem that everyone, as quick as they are to jump to the aid of 'a struggling club', seem to be overlooking the real problem at the core.

Why are North Cairns Tiger's struggling? This is not a rhetorical question, I would generally like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Whilst not involved in North Cairns Tigers or the AFL Cairns I have heard of key players that have left the club in recent times. Coaches, committee members, captains, best and fairest winners. Do these people know somethng that the rest of us on this forum don't? Are they willing to defend North Cairns Tigers or are they also of the view of the Good Judge?

Just my input on the Ritcher subject... I think that it would be severely wrong of the league to recommend clubs over others. Which clubs would get priority? Why wouldn't the league suggest Kane play at the Cutters so that they can get the grand final that they have come so close to in recent seasons.

Raises the question...Will the league start to recommend certain players play at Port given thier recent sponsor?

All I think tha can atained here is that Kane should play where Kane wants and where it will benefit Kane. Clubs are about helping players enjoy their time. In return, players strive for success. It is and always will be a partnership between clubs and players.

It would appear that somewhere along the line North Cairns Tigers have severely reuined their partnership with some players including the 'assistant'.

If this is true then I feel that North Cairns Tigers deserve to be 'struggling' and are probaly this way because of attitudes like this. The publicity for North Cairns is not going to be great if these allogations are correct. The simple fact is what kind of people sleep at night knowing that they have ripped off their assistant. I suspect the club's attitude towards this player is not a one off and they most likely have themselves to blame. Assuming that all the allogations are true.

And trust me when I say this, the 'old footy contract' is every bit a legal document and has saved many a poor players in the past from similar situations.

Very interesting read as of late.

It would seem as if North Cairns are not very popular with atleast one member of our law community. Further to the point it would seem that everyone, as quick as they are to jump to the aid of 'a struggling club', seem to be overlooking the real problem at the core.

Why are North Cairns Tiger's struggling? This is not a rhetorical question, I would generally like to hear everyone's thoughts.

Whilst not involved in North Cairns Tigers or the AFL Cairns I have heard of key players that have left the club in recent times. Coaches, committee members, captains, best and fairest winners. Do these people know somethng that the rest of us on this forum don't? Are they willing to defend North Cairns Tigers or are they also of the view of the Good Judge?

Just my input on the Ritcher subject... I think that it would be severely wrong of the league to recommend clubs over others. Which clubs would get priority? Why wouldn't the league suggest Kane play at the Cutters so that they can get the grand final that they have come so close to in recent seasons.

Raises the question...Will the league start to recommend certain players play at Port given thier recent sponsor?

All I think tha can atained here is that Kane should play where Kane wants and where it will benefit Kane. Clubs are about helping players enjoy their time. In return, players strive for success. It is and always will be a partnership between clubs and players.

It would appear that somewhere along the line North Cairns Tigers have severely reuined their partnership with some players including the 'assistant'.

If this is true then I feel that North Cairns Tigers deserve to be 'struggling' and are probaly this way because of attitudes like this. The publicity for North Cairns is not going to be great if these allogations are correct. The simple fact is what kind of people sleep at night knowing that they have ripped off their assistant. I suspect the club's attitude towards this player is not a one off and they most likely have themselves to blame. Assuming that all the allogations are true.

And trust me when I say this, the 'old footy contract' is every bit a legal document and has saved many a poor players in the past from similar situations.

Well, well, well, would I be right in thinking that 'the good judge' and 'Mr X' may in fact be the same person? Would it be the same person we think it might be? Mmm something doesn't quite add up there.
Has it also come out that the 'assistant' may had also done some terribly unscrupulas dealings whilst still maintaining a possition at the tigers and having already done a deal behind closed doors with another club?
wake up and smell the coffee your not as smart as you think you are!

Interesting read tha "Jack" Jason Love wants some sympathy to allow him to coach again... FAIL! http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2010/02/11/92955_local-news.html

Hey Poiderr reading on line whilst at work mate, mmmmm

I thought he actually got life along with Lane , but must have been cut down on appeal , I know Lane is coaching again but shouldn't be.

No way should he be coaching again after the disgracefully display and the damage he did to the code up here, :thumbsdown:

Norths to their credit are slowly recovering. they will be a force again very soon. :thumbsu:

One big match this year will be the annual Anzac Day match North v South this year we return to Watson Oval the site of the first game. It will be played on a Sunday so no excuse for fans not turning out

I think the Love thing has gone on for too long.I undertand that he has a good football brain and was well liked by many.

I hope the guy gets his chance to coach again as the penalty seems really harsh.

I think the Love thing has gone on for too long.I undertand that he has a good football brain and was well liked by many.

I hope the guy gets his chance to coach again as the penalty seems really harsh.

I know more than a few people who would debate those 2 statements. Harsh?? That brawl was meticulously planned and ruined the image of the game worldwide. Also the fallout has taken Norths to new depths since that year.

Having watched the unsportsmanlike conduct of him and his team running through a team lined up for the National Anthem before it was finished and witnessing the coach going after players chasing one then another and hitting them ( all caught on film as well ) he does not have the right to a lesser sentence, he was in charge of the side so the buck stops with him and his staff do the crime pay the time, should have stuck with the life ban along with his assistant coach Lane , does not deserve our sympathy

enough has been said on this over the years so please leave this wound closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back