Status
Not open for further replies.

panthers toss of a coin
aspley
lab
nt
swans
lions

Its 9.15 am saturday. I wish to make a change in my tips. Its well before game time so I dont think you will mind.Originally I picked Broadbeach. but seeing their injury list I have to go for Labrador.
so my tips now are;

Morningside
Labrador
Swans
Lions
Thunder
Redlands

Rory Walton has arrived for Broadbeach. Hasnt played for a year or so, will be a little while for him to gain match fitness etc etc, but watch this guy. hes real good.

Giants gave the Lions reserves a good run for their money today. 14.17.101 to the Giants 12.14.86. Only 15 points. We played very well exept for the second bit of that 2nd quarter we're we had an 19 point lead and it turned into a 20 or so point deficit just before HT. But apart from that little bit of the game we played as well as the Lions, if not better by the sounds of things

Just watched the best game of the year yest in Alice.Vultures had their chances to win but a best on performance by Cam Illett proved the difference in the last qtr.Mt Gravatt are the real deal.Ewing on target to smash the 100 goal barrier for the season.Have to be Qld full fwd against WA along side Rocco and ThunderDoc.

Any thoughts on this Aspley teams?

Nothing special but keep stringing the wins together. Really did not expect them to beat that quality Bombers outfit yesterday.

Attended Tigers v Cats yesterday. Was really not impressed with either team. Seemed to be endless turnovers with more kicks headed to opposition than team mates. Was however a very physical game and Labrador got the W simply with experience v youth. Hooper was average for the Cats whilst Todd Grayson was yet again best on field. Not sure how Suns/Kangaroos did not list him. Lions should have a look at him for a late draft pick this year as hed fit into their team nicely. Great intensity/skill and hates to lose.

Any thoughts on this Aspley teams?

Nothing special but keep stringing the wins together. Really did not expect them to beat that quality Bombers outfit yesterday.

Attended Tigers v Cats yesterday. Was really not impressed with either team. Seemed to be endless turnovers with more kicks headed to opposition than team mates. Was however a very physical game and Labrador got the W simply with experience v youth. Hooper was average for the Cats whilst Todd Grayson was yet again best on field. Not sure how Suns/Kangaroos did not list him. Lions should have a look at him for a late draft pick this year as hed fit into their team nicely. Great intensity/skill and hates to lose.

Agree it was a bit of a scrappy but physical game. but to be fair neither side at their best. Cats with a long list of good players not playing and Labrador with a few that have just come back from injury and not at top match fitness. Both are finals contenders.

Just locked and loaded my bets for the weekend (1unit = $100):

5 units on Labrador Head to Head @ 1.60
2 units on Labrador -13.5 @ 1.90
3 units on Redland Head to Head @ 1.60
1.5 units on Redland -13.5 @ 1.90
1.5 units on Morningside Head to Head @ 2.08

Heading over to watch the Tigers/Cats game. Should be a cracker, especially given my financial interest in the match haha.

After all that, up $186 for weekend. Only a 14% profit on investment lol. Anyone else bet on NEAFL here?

I occasionally get tempted and have a little stab.

I noticed that this round all home teams won, so I had a look at the record and noticed that in the NEAFL Northern Conference this year home teams have won 26 of 34 matches (includes crossovers) about 80%. A couple of away wins by Thunder who are ahead of everyone at this stage included that.

It points to what we already know a tight comp, where losing at home hurts and winning away is therefore like gold.

I will keep this in mind with tips I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rnd 7 results

2010premier 5 (24)
staminade 4 (23)
BigE 6 (23)
stuyd 5 (22)
maurie 3 (22)
pointer 5 (22)
Lifes a Beach 5 (21)
Footyfanatic1 4 (21)
chikka ferguson 5 (21)
Morphous 4 (19)
Speedyunit 5 (18)
thunderdoc 3 (15)

bballscout got 4 but first tip submission, the big mover was bige with 6.

Rnd 7 results

2010premier 5 (24)
staminade 4 (23)
BigE 6 (23)
stuyd 5 (22)
maurie 3 (22)
pointer 5 (22)
Lifes a Beach 5 (21)
Footyfanatic1 4 (21)
chikka ferguson 5 (21)
Morphous 4 (19)
Speedyunit 5 (18)
thunderdoc 3 (15)

Great stuff

NEAFL ladder - Thunder 1st, daylight second
Bigfooty tipper ladder - Thunderdoc last, daylight second last

Shows the depth of the league this year with Southport, Redlands, Morningside, Labrador, and Broadbeach occupying the bottom 5 spots.

The way I see things playing out as the season progresses:

Thunder and Vultures to stay top 2 all year as the 2 dominant teams, particularly NT.

Suns/Lions to drop out of the top 5 as injuries etc take away their depth as what traditionally happens with AFL reserve teams. They start strong but lack potency at the more important part of the season.

Labrador/Broadbeach to slot into the 5 with Panthers/Bombers battling for 5th spot. Cant see Hornets winning big games as the other sides develop further.

Southport can finish anywhere from 7-10 but really lack firepower and drive. A Cleve Hughes return could be the difference between these 15 point losses and a win.

Bombers need to make some moves now, losing very winnable games. Do they move the coach on or persist?

4 games this week all @ 2pm Saturday. Suns/Tigers with the bye.

Southport v Redlands. Big game for both clubs here but Redlands have more to play for. A loss for either team could eliminate them from finals talk. Gimme Bombers by 10-20.

Aspley v Morningside. Another fascinating matchup. I think the experience of the Panthers will get them home here in a close match against a team due for a loss. A solid win on Sunday v Sharks should give them that confidence/motivation also.

Broadbeach v Mt Gravatt. Danger game for Vultures here coming off an interstate trip. Cats will come out fresh and look to bring in some of their bigger names despite injury concerns. I will back the Vultures however in another close match.

Brisbane v Northern Territory. Thunder should be too strong here, particularly given the Lions are set to be robbed of more players to the travelling senior side. Nt by 50+.

They are my picks. A little concerning ive gone all away teams but how do you guys see it panning out?

4 games this week all @ 2pm Saturday. Suns/Tigers with the bye.

Southport v Redlands. Big game for both clubs here but Redlands have more to play for. A loss for either team could eliminate them from finals talk. Gimme Bombers by 10-20.

Aspley v Morningside. Another fascinating matchup. I think the experience of the Panthers will get them home here in a close match against a team due for a loss. A solid win on Sunday v Sharks should give them that confidence/motivation also.

Broadbeach v Mt Gravatt. Danger game for Vultures here coming off an interstate trip. Cats will come out fresh and look to bring in some of their bigger names despite injury concerns. I will back the Vultures however in another close match.

Brisbane v Northern Territory. Thunder should be too strong here, particularly given the Lions are set to be robbed of more players to the travelling senior side. Nt by 50+.

They are my picks. A little concerning ive gone all away teams but how do you guys see it panning out?

Heard yest Hughes had another small op.Hard for him to get back.Sharks have heap to play for and could have won yest.Their 50th anniversary dinner this week end I think.They will want to attend that with a win.
May pay to finish 4th or 5th this year as the winner of 2nd and 3rd gets rewarded with a final in Darwin if Thunder continue the roll on they have.Wouldn't want to go into a prelim final after Darwin trip.

Rnd 7 results

2010premier 5 (24)
staminade 4 (23)
BigE 6 (23)
stuyd 5 (22)
maurie 3 (22)
pointer 5 (22)
Lifes a Beach 5 (21)
Footyfanatic1 4 (21)
chikka ferguson 5 (21)
Morphous 4 (19)
Speedyunit 5 (18)
thunderdoc 3 (15)

Great stuff

NEAFL ladder - Thunder 1st, daylight second
Bigfooty tipper ladder - Thunderdoc last, daylight second last

Is this a record Doc.3 winning tips in one week end?Heard you turn big 50 this week.Happy b'day mate

Any thoughts on the QLD Team? Any ealy predictions? Will be interesting to see if they name a 30 man squad or go for the bigger squad of 40 - 50?

On paper QLD full strength would be a big chance looking at the WA Squad. It could be time for QLD football to make a statement to the rest of Australia.

Will players be allowed to pull out if not injured and availble?

Any thoughts on the QLD Team? Any ealy predictions? Will be interesting to see if they name a 30 man squad or go for the bigger squad of 40 - 50?

On paper QLD full strength would be a big chance looking at the WA Squad. It could be time for QLD football to make a statement to the rest of Australia.

Will players be allowed to pull out if not injured and availble?

I read somewhere the AFLQ people look at using the state game as a chance to showcase younger players in an attempt to get some drafted.

They put a high value on this rather than winning at all costs. The very best team would have a lot of ex-AFL blokes in there but I bet you they go with a couple of older ex-AFL and a large number of younger guys to try and get a mature age draftee out of the game (perhaps to GWS). Personally I reckon it would be great if an Illett, Tangatulum, Proud, Sheahan or Zorko (or others) got a chance because of a state game.

I agree with this philosophy even if it means we get beaten by 12-15 goals rather than the 6-7 goal likely margin at full strength if we selected blokes like Knobel and Copeland.

On current form the NT ought to have 8-9 out of a squad of 30, but we will see what happens.

Hopefully the team has about 8 Nt players with a mix of Qld guys like Gilliland, Proud, Bonney, Zorko, Grayson, Shir, Payne, Wise, Manzone etc. Need to have a shot at going close to winning this thing whilst giving some promising young players a shot.

Hopefully the team has about 8 Nt players with a mix of Qld guys like Gilliland, Proud, Bonney, Zorko, Grayson, Shir, Payne, Wise, Manzone etc. Need to have a shot at going close to winning this thing whilst giving some promising young players a shot.

Wise...???? Has he even been in Southport's best players this year??.I reckon he has been a great player but he has struggled since coming back from injury. Same with Bonney - after 7 games he's mentioned in Morningside's best players just once! If he cant be in the best of a team thats second bottom, he is hardly justified of a spot in a state game.

Just for a change, would really like to see a Qld team to be picked on current form this year and not on past efforts or because a player is from a coach's club team! It's like picking the Australian Swimming team based on last years performances! Lets not hope a player is going to run on form, lets pick them because of their current form shown.Lets get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back