Darwin Football Association - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC may be back again at the weekend so somebody fill me in again on where the games are at. Im pretty sure Wynyard play at home but id rather watch the DFA cause the NTFL makes me crook to the stomach to watch the rot!!!

Best go up to Yolla to watch the Saints and Demons, top of the table clash

Best go up to Yolla to watch the Saints and Demons, top of the table clash

who will win this one anyone? this sight has been too quiet!

The magpies beat yolla at yolla so they may be the new favourites!

it is out of 3 I think demons saints and pies! south too young and chokers!

queenie can't play on grass!

The roos need to make the finals first lost too many premiership players!

even if the pies finish 4th roos proved you can win it from there!

who will win this one anyone? this sight has been too quiet!

The magpies beat yolla at yolla so they may be the new favourites!

it is out of 3 I think demons saints and pies! south too young and chokers!

queenie can't play on grass!

The roos need to make the finals first lost too many premiership players!

even if the pies finish 4th roos proved you can win it from there!
Yolla still going well, should win this week.5 still wide open,lot will depend on the draw each club has respectively.Natone really finding form but will struggle down there but if they do by chance win on the gravel odds for the big one will change.Crows playing as well on the grass this year as their Premiership year,if not better so they will be thereabouts.Roos have some major inclusions to come in shortly which will bolster their chances to get back in the five and South may be a chance as most of the finals are at Wivenhoe.The Saints major advantage come the finals will be the fact that they have been there,done that-too early to pick a winner , the Pies have a resolve after finishing second the last couple of years and the Roos experience of where they come from last year will help them as well.Depth from the reserves will also be a factor in the finals make up as the best teams ate those that player 14-21 can play at that level required.South have quite a few in this category and this is where the make up of lists submitted to the DFA really holds sway.

hey mooch whats the go with what was in the agrovate today about somerset holding talks with the ntfl and burnie sports and events?? firstly i didnt think somerset was part of the burnie council so whats the go with burnie sports and events being part of the talks and secondly dont let the ntfl sugar coat everything cause u will get burnt real quick but hey what do u reckon about the whole thing cause your a bloke that has been there done all that??

hey mooch whats the go with what was in the agrovate today about somerset holding talks with the ntfl and burnie sports and events?? firstly i didnt think somerset was part of the burnie council so whats the go with burnie sports and events being part of the talks and secondly dont let the ntfl sugar coat everything cause u will get burnt real quick but hey what do u reckon about the whole thing cause your a bloke that has been there done all that??

If the roos go to the ntfl btw not sure why they would you can guarantee it is the start of the end of the darwin!

If the roos go to the ntfl btw not sure why they would you can guarantee it is the start of the end of the darwin!
Well since nobody is saying much I may as well put my predictions up with a brief explanation about the choices!
1. Ridgley- Will rise come finals time with their full list to another level, much the same senior nucleus in Couls, the kings, the butlers robotham, o'connor that won the three in a row plus have added temby, the youngs and ben hayes in the last couple of years with a good sprinkling of younger guys. Extremely well coached, would it make couls the only man to coach four seasons for four premierships? That has got to be an advocate story too!!

2. Yolla- Has a strong core like Ridgley in Nash, Heath, the mcreadies, the lawrences, ralston and ewington, and did have the best group of young guys, but they have gone missing, although I think Hamilton and Thompson moved away?? Either way probably won't have the class that Ridgley has and will they be fit enough to push through finals as long has been an obstacle for them?

3. Natone- Should make the 5 and will push but they will have to do it the hard way from the elimination final, but somerset did do it last year! Have lost Max Fisher which is a huge blow for their midfield. A few players running around in the twos like bangers doesn't help either! Have had too much of a disrupted year to seriously challenge it looks but it should be a very tight prelim between them and yolla.

4. Queenstown- Have surprised a few this year but in all reality have had some massive inclusions, Roland Proud, young wedd, flea newsons little brother, wray-mcanns. Brodie Dennis is playing well. Has the best group of young players out of the league but won't challenge just yet, but could be a contender in 2-3 years. Playing on the grass doesn't help their final chances but have proven against somerset they can do it though. Could make a pre final spot but i would be surprised.

5. South Burnie- Have slipped this year but should make the finals with their run home and edge out somerset unless they perform a miracle and defeat Ridgley at home. South have a great playing even playing list, but seem to struggle against the top sides when the pressure has come on which is the traditional south stereotype i know!!! Brakey has been a great find, arguably has the best rovers with townsend, imms, McCullough, collins and braslin but lack a ruckman and seemed unable to take the next step this year unfortunately.

6. Somerset- Won the flag last year and have shown flashes of brilliance this year but the loss of timmy mac hurt them. Unfortunately just haven't been able to produce the chocolates this year! Have got a great even list but need more consistency.

7. Yeoman- Should avoid the wooden spoon by percentage but are fortunate. Showed so much improvement last year and will obviously be disappointed with this year after hoping they could sneak into the finals. Have the same core that has been together for a few years but sooner or later they will have to step up. Shaun Summers and bob wynwood have been serviceable. Must improve next year.

8. Cuprona- To be summed up in one word, screwed. Jack Riley has tried along with gregson but really when you are having 10 or so guys doubling up then your confidence as a club must be struggling. Looks a very unattractive prospect for potential players and struggling for cash, players even have to pay for strapping. Chalky lifted them slightly in the respect stakes but I think he knew a hard case when he saw it and dropped it, which is fair enough. However if they go broke then would the dfa help them in any way whatsoever??

I think Somerset just trying to be pro-active and explore options now and for the future.The discussions have been only internally with the Somerset board so the Advocate have got it partly wrong.Certainly the facilities at Somerset are first rate and if DFA do not want to play finals there for whatever reason then maybe another league may want to.The Roos have always been on the front foot so to speak and their committee are not one to sit and wait for things eg recruiting an NTFL player like Timmy Mac.Yes.other Clubs have also recruited from higher leagues but the Roos just want to look after their players and members and supporters with different initiatives every now and then alah jumper design changes,heritage round,use of their facilities for the combined squads and the like.If, anything it has caused some discussion and who knows waht may happen next year with some clubs and their struggling finances and on-field performances?

I think Somerset just trying to be pro-active and explore options now and for the future.The discussions have been only internally with the Somerset board so the Advocate have got it partly wrong.Certainly the facilities at Somerset are first rate and if DFA do not want to play finals there for whatever reason then maybe another league may want to.The Roos have always been on the front foot so to speak and their committee are not one to sit and wait for things eg recruiting an NTFL player like Timmy Mac.Yes.other Clubs have also recruited from higher leagues but the Roos just want to look after their players and members and supporters with different initiatives every now and then alah jumper design changes,heritage round,use of their facilities for the combined squads and the like.If, anything it has caused some discussion and who knows waht may happen next year with some clubs and their struggling finances and on-field performances?

After watching Wynyard and Penguin on Saturday I think that anybody from Redpa to Railton would be competitive in the NTFL. Sounds really harsh but from my point of view (with it being a good 6 years since iv seen NTFL) the standard has dropped dramatically.

After watching Wynyard and Penguin on Saturday I think that anybody from Redpa to Railton would be competitive in the NTFL. Sounds really harsh but from my point of view (with it being a good 6 years since iv seen NTFL) the standard has dropped dramatically.

Its time the whole northwestcoast football comps sit down togarther and work out were footy is going ,do a survey so each clubs take it back so the members have a say!!

Its time the whole northwestcoast football comps sit down togarther and work out were footy is going ,do a survey so each clubs take it back so the members have a say!!
Good thought but there again, how many members of clubs are that actively involved as in supporting the bar both training nights,attending every game and also social functions ?The real barometer is the playing group as they are at the coal face on a continual basis.Yes, all comps need a revamp as results show this eg blokes kicking 100 in the Leven against opposition with 11 players,demise and reincarnation of Clubs like the TC Bulldogs,players doubling up,scores one sided to the tune of opposition kicking 37 goals in the wet and 49 in the dry and plenty of senior players not to be seen in the clubrooms after such losses and openly spruiking that they dont care about the score,Motton Preston smashing teams,surely one sideness is not ideal for any comp and yes, sides do have their ebbs and lows but instead of people going crook about it on Sat night and on a forum as such maybe something should be done,Are the leaders of such associations prepared to put their egotistical and Club allegiances aside for the sake of everybody and the whole comp in general, who knows.It goes back to grass roots level as well right from Auskick numbers right through school footy and Under 14 and 17 comps.Is soccer a worthwhile alternative to a budding junior?Yes we all love our footy and want to enjoy it but Legend brings up a very valid opinion, anyway the DFA 5 is as clear as mud with 2 weeks to go, now is the time that Yeoman and Cuprona should be getting some help towards a process for some improvement next year from the DFA and other Clubs for the sake of the competition in 2012.Who else apart from Somerset may be considering their options behind closed doors ?All good topics form discussion for those out there in forumland

Well since nobody is saying much I may as well put my predictions up with a brief explanation about the choices!
1. Ridgley- Will rise come finals time with their full list to another level, much the same senior nucleus in Couls, the kings, the butlers robotham, o'connor that won the three in a row plus have added temby, the youngs and ben hayes in the last couple of years with a good sprinkling of younger guys. Extremely well coached, would it make couls the only man to coach four seasons for four premierships? That has got to be an advocate story too!!

2. Yolla- Has a strong core like Ridgley in Nash, Heath, the mcreadies, the lawrences, ralston and ewington, and did have the best group of young guys, but they have gone missing, although I think Hamilton and Thompson moved away?? Either way probably won't have the class that Ridgley has and will they be fit enough to push through finals as long has been an obstacle for them?

3. Natone- Should make the 5 and will push but they will have to do it the hard way from the elimination final, but somerset did do it last year! Have lost Max Fisher which is a huge blow for their midfield. A few players running around in the twos like bangers doesn't help either! Have had too much of a disrupted year to seriously challenge it looks but it should be a very tight prelim between them and yolla.

4. Queenstown- Have surprised a few this year but in all reality have had some massive inclusions, Roland Proud, young wedd, flea newsons little brother, wray-mcanns. Brodie Dennis is playing well. Has the best group of young players out of the league but won't challenge just yet, but could be a contender in 2-3 years. Playing on the grass doesn't help their final chances but have proven against somerset they can do it though. Could make a pre final spot but i would be surprised.

5. South Burnie- Have slipped this year but should make the finals with their run home and edge out somerset unless they perform a miracle and defeat Ridgley at home. South have a great playing even playing list, but seem to struggle against the top sides when the pressure has come on which is the traditional south stereotype i know!!! Brakey has been a great find, arguably has the best rovers with townsend, imms, McCullough, collins and braslin but lack a ruckman and seemed unable to take the next step this year unfortunately.

6. Somerset- Won the flag last year and have shown flashes of brilliance this year but the loss of timmy mac hurt them. Unfortunately just haven't been able to produce the chocolates this year! Have got a great even list but need more consistency.

7. Yeoman- Should avoid the wooden spoon by percentage but are fortunate. Showed so much improvement last year and will obviously be disappointed with this year after hoping they could sneak into the finals. Have the same core that has been together for a few years but sooner or later they will have to step up. Shaun Summers and bob wynwood have been serviceable. Must improve next year.

8. Cuprona- To be summed up in one word, screwed. Jack Riley has tried along with gregson but really when you are having 10 or so guys doubling up then your confidence as a club must be struggling. Looks a very unattractive prospect for potential players and struggling for cash, players even have to pay for strapping. Chalky lifted them slightly in the respect stakes but I think he knew a hard case when he saw it and dropped it, which is fair enough. However if they go broke then would the dfa help them in any way whatsoever??
Outstanding post this one:thumbsu:

I reckon the :thumbsu::)Saints have an Ace in the pack come-finals, let Wazza Kaine loose on the field as waterboy!Wazza with the aid of verbal "encouragement" from Anne and Yvette in the grandstand would strike fear in to the heart of all opposition players and supporters:footy::heart::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Brodie Dennis on snagging 100 big ones, great effort.

Yes, Great effort from Brodie Dennis to kick the ton , other great goal kicking feats would have to be stu Turner kicking 50+ from CHF at natone and s summers kicking 50 from a team like yeoman

A Ralston yolla. M King Ridgley. J Newson Queenstown.Just a guess:D
Come on Dish,only facts on here,anybody can guess,you know better than that:thumbsu:Fact,Timmy Mac at Somerset followed by Brady Yates and Ian"Frothy" Roles in third.The Reserves shared by two 17 year olds, Mathew "Look away " handball Field was the winner and Keygan Cornwell runner up.Has the TMac or had he done enough early before being curtailked by injury and auditions to hold on in the DF?A/

Cuprona Nick Gregson in the ones, Troy Bramich in the twos
Yolla Nick Ewington in the ones, Troy Rushton in the twos
Ridgley will be a toss up between Mark King, Couls or Temby for my liking
Queenstown, you'd think brodie will poll well, but their mids have been really good.
Natone Milo, or Dev??
Yeoman Summers or Bobby??
South No bloody idea

Cuprona Nick Gregson in the ones, Troy Bramich in the twos
Yolla Nick Ewington in the ones, Troy Rushton in the twos
Ridgley will be a toss up between Mark King, Couls or Temby for my liking
Queenstown, you'd think brodie will poll well, but their mids have been really good.
Natone Milo, or Dev??
Yeoman Summers or Bobby??
South No bloody idea
Yeoman Seniors a tie between Bobby Wynwood and Nathan Cross for the Wynwood-Blachford-Bullfrog Johnstone-Pearce-Mikalleff-George Mason-Benny Hibben Medal:p

In more important gossip, Ridgleys Nigel Coulson is considering retiring at years end, bodies had enough! :eek:
Would be a major loss if he did but would not be unexpected as he cops it every week but still gets up and runs and presents.Well, we are down to 4.South had their chances yesterday but missed a few shots on goal and Queeny winning with no goals from Budgie augers well for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back