Battlefield 3 Server Setup

Remove this Banner Ad

Anything as long as it isn't Operation Metro. :)

Can Conquest and Rush modes be rotated together, or do you need to chose one or the other?

With these servers being on PC I'd say start with Conquest maps to begin with.

One of the main things that annoyed me with BC2 was the lack of variety on the maps servers used.

Here is a list of the multiplayer maps: http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-maps/

My reccomendations for server options:

Size: 32 players

Mode: Rotation between Rush and Conquest (Week by Week would be a good timeframe with the change over on Mondays)

HC or NOHC: I think to begin with it needs to be vanilla BF3. But maybe after a while we could have a "vote" to see if people want to change it. (Although personally I prefer Hardcore Mode)

Maps: I say start with all of them. (All maps support all modes http://bf3blog.com/2011/09/battlefield-3-ships-with-9-maps-all-maps-support-all-5-game-modes/) Then later on if you decide you can remove some maps from the rotation.

Forgot to add

Timelimit: I'm not sure if the server does it by map and splits time automatically or if you set the time for each individual round. In saying that I'd say put the total map time to 30mins with a person able to play 15mins on one side, 15mins on the other. (or 15mins per side) Does that makes sense??

For example:

If I was to play Caspian Border I'd have 15mins on each side for a total map time of 30mins.

Yeah, i agree i'd keep it pretty vanilla. Use all the maps to start with, then mabye drop them out as the community gets confortable with the 'better' maps. I like the idea of switching Rush and Conquest modes week to week. I like both modes, and can see a weekly cycle being a nice time frame.

Chief, if you get a chance have a read through: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-pc/1443233-second-look-bf3-pc-game-servers.html

Also server admin manual for BF3 http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2/tmp/BF3_PC_Server_R3_879322_Docs_ServerAdministrator.zip

The bit I like the best is that you can set certain game modes for certain maps. So we could (for example) have one round of Caspian Border Conquest and the next round be Operation Metro Rush

So you could have Conquest/Rush/Conquest/Rush etc. Or just set up a manual rotation of All Maps Conquest/ All maps Rush etc.

• Admin
Current map setup below. I'll change them all to Small (32 player) and maybe we run it so there's a rotation of Rush then Conquest, with the modes in reverse for a second rotation:

#Battlefield 3 maplist by i3D.net Lines with a # in front of them are comments. Available game modes are the following
#ConquestLarge0 | Conquest on large maps (64 slot type)
#ConquestSmall0 | Conquest on small maps (32 slot type)
#RushLarge0 | Rush 16-32 players
#SquadRush0 | Squad Rush 8 players
#SquadDeathMatch0 | Squad Deathmatch 16 players
#TeamDeathMatch0 | Team Deathmatch 32 players

#Each map is playable on each game mode below is an example playlist of all maps playing 64 slot conquest maps with 2 round per map

#Grand Bazaar
MP_001 ConquestLarge0 2
#Teheran Highway
MP_003 ConquestLarge0 2
#Caspian Border
MP_007 ConquestLarge0 2
#Seine Crossing
MP_011 ConquestLarge0 2
#Operation Firestorm
MP_012 ConquestLarge0 2
#Damavand Peak
MP_013 ConquestLarge0 2
#Noshahar Canals
MP_017 ConquestLarge0 2
#Kharg Island
MP_018 ConquestLarge0 2
#Operation Metro
MP_Subway ConquestLarge0 2

Sounds good Chief. I don't mind Rush but I prefer Conquest. Most people seem to be in the same boat. Rotation is a good idea. Whether that's after playing through all the maps or a few days of 1 then the other I'm not sure. A full map rotation of Conquest then Rush is probably best.

Is the player limit able to be lowered? Would be good if say there was no one around but I could still join the server and practive flying jets, for example. Also what about if it was just some BF guys in there and we wanted to password the server and muck around, not let public in for awhile. I assume that's easily done?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you type in the search box?

Is the player limit able to be lowered? Would be good if say there was no one around but I could still join the server and practive flying jets, for example

Below are the commands that you need to change those settings.

Would be great if we could walk around the maps without having to wait for 7 other players.

Pre-round
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Currently, pre-round is active on all game servers. This is a pre-match state where players cannot move. You can change the number of players requires to go between pre-round and in-match using [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]vars.roundStartPlayerCount [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]and [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]vars.roundRestartPlayerCount[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]; however, see the section "Server settings and Battlelog" to see what implications it has for players using Quickmatch.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

#Set the number of players needed to start a game (default: 8)
vars.roundStartPlayerCount 1

#Set the number of players needed in game before it resets to pre-round
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 6

That OK? Or should both be 1?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back