Tour De France 2013 Stage 3 Ajaccio - Calvi 145.5km

Remove this Banner Ad

Liggett is going senile.
Agree, was he even watching the finish? Only called Sagans name the whole way in, didn't even notice Gerrans taking the win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was such an awful call by Phil. Got nothing right in the last 5kms, then only had eyes for Sagan down the straight. Gerrans looked to have him covered for the entirety of the sprint yet Phil was too busy waxing lyrical about Sagan.
The quicker you can identify riders on your own, the better.

I mean seriously, they originally mis-identified Igor Anton when he attacked.

Surprising post race interview. The overhead shot of the final sprint showed how smart Gerro is, Sagan is no doubt quicker but he can learn something from watching that.

That was such an awful call by Phil. Got nothing right in the last 5kms, then only had eyes for Sagan down the straight. Gerrans looked to have him covered for the entirety of the sprint yet Phil was too busy waxing lyrical about Sagan.

It was a tough one to call live without the benefit of a slowmo replay or the photo finish. He was definitely a bit too Sagan focused though.

The quicker you can identify riders on your own, the better.

I mean seriously, they originally mis-identified Igor Anton when he attacked.

Yeah I'm getting better (know all the main GC guys and sprinters, and can identify the team guernseys) but still need to rely on the commentators for when random blokes make attacks. The call for that sprint finish was bizarre though, it was clear Sagan wasn't racing unopposed to the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back