AE AE14 Comp Poll

Which AE14 comps would you prefer most to be included this season? (Multiple Choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

AE14CompPoll_zps74bdaf77.jpg

Additional comp ideas have been submitted this off-season to be considered by the AE alumi (members over the seven year course) in which up to SIX* will be applied for the 2014 AE campaign.

Please be aware that a sufficient majority (70+ members) will be required to lodge their multiple choices of the following COMP options that have also included 'tweak variations' of TWO of the MAJOR comps, 3XKO & NEXT DUEL. Please vote for one of the TWO of each version OR just submit ONE VOTE only to 'repeat' on last season's list minus Temptation.

The 2013 list of comps included:
CONFIDENCE RATING
3XKO**
NEXT DUEL**
DROP ZONE ELIMINATION
HIGH ROLLER SWEEPSTAKES
LAST CHANCE SALOON

** Double Asterisk** denotes GG's alternate tweaked variation:
Tweaked 3XKO :
FYI on how that 3xko works.....first week you pick two teams. You have three lives. If you get a team wrong that week. You're down to two lives. Week two you pick another two teams. You get another team wrong. Down to one life. Week three, must always still pick two teams. You get one wrong, you're out, three strikes. Or, if week one you got two wrong, you'd have only one life left, but week two you still have to pick two teams. You're always picking two teams because there are 32 teams in the NFL, 16 weeks, so you will select all 32 teams if the comp runs that long. Week 17 reserved for a tie-breaker.

Alternatively....you COULD have three strikes, but every week pick one team only. Like Empire site did it. So you might only end up having gone thru 16 of the possible 32 teams of the NFL. Requiring a tie-breaker still week 17. One new team every week. Three strikes total.

Either method works.

Tweaked NEXT DUEL: using win odds ($1.30, $3.50, etc) times by ten to be a whole number and tallied up.

Spreads / Unders-Overs

2010 Monthly Comp recall:
Pre-determined four games per week selected by AE member in which either LINES- Unders/Overs are predicted for a points system that worked well. Most points accumulated in that four week period claims the MONTHLY reward.

GG's SIMPLIFIED TEMPTATION

Same as last year's Temptation except for the following changes...
- No 3 pt bonus
- No MNF double
- No rule that you must choose 6 non-playoff teams and 4 playoff teams
- Instead, you can pick any ten teams you want
- 10 teams chosen must be chosen before week 1 and are locked (like last year).

BROKEN's HOT STREAK

Basically you have to pick a streak of winners. Pick a loser and your streak resets and at the end of the season your highest streak during the season is used to determine the winner. You don't have to select every matchup, so you can pick and choose what games you want in your streak.

I could see this working one of two ways in AE:
1)
A simple streak count.

i.e.
16 CR Titans *
15 CR Seahawks *
14 CR Jets
13 CR Browns *
12 CR Bills *

Say the Browns lose, your max. streak would be 2 (Titans and Seahawks) and your current streak would be 1 (Bills)

2)
A streak count including CR values (with a tiebreaker being the amount of teams in a streak)

i.e.
16 CR Titans *
15 CR Seahawks *
14 CR Jets
13 CR Browns *
12 CR Bills *

Say the Browns lose, your max. streak value would be 31 (16-Titans and 15-Seahawks) and your current streak would be 12 (12-Bills)

At the end of the season the highest streak value would take home the lollies.

I thought it might be a bit of added fun and keep up a lot of interest near the end of the season with streaks being alive. If you have any questions about it please let me know.

(Thanks, Broken)

OSCARMAN's 100 POINT DASH

Each week you start with 100 points and you can spread those points accordingly on TEAMS chosen on your CR selections. This includes putting 100 all on ONE team to only using a select few of teams and liberally distributing those 100 points accordingly. Most points accumulated from correct chosen WINNERS. Prefer to Oscarman of the permutations of whether it's a monthly comp or yearly comp?

ROLL TIDE

It's a combined version of Oscarman's 100 Point Dash - Broken's HOT Streak - Straight Up WIN with the fixed price incorporated. No restrictions on amount of teams chosen but you'll be crazy to go with more than four in any given week but know that each losing team is a DISCOUNT AGAINST your weekly score. Taking at least an underdog a week with a price of over $3.50 will reward your chances in any given week and you'll have a chance to butter up the following week to go ALL HOG on the ONE TEAM on 100 points if that is your desired strategy.

ie: Take three teams.. 33/33/34 points on each, into their WIN PRICE = your weekly score.
If any of those teams lose, you deduct the waged POINTS for your weekly score.
Most will take 1.80 favs meaning 33 x 1.80 = 59.4 (rounded down if under .5) = 59 If one of the 33 point waged teams lose… you deduct that from weekly total score.

So this comp allows for a ongoing prizes throughout the season provided you're the highest points earner in that THREE week period. Six weeks of this comp gives everyone a SHOT to roll the dice. We can consider eliminating DROP ZONE and High Roller and make this NEW try-week comp, to supplement the boosted prize funds left over of the six comps in previous years = 5 comps in all.

THIS IS A MULTIPLE SELECTION POLL meaning you should carefully consider your options here. No re-voting possible. This poll will be void IF:
Less than 70 AE members have submitted a vote (in any one option) or a non-conclusive percentage of votes have not determined enough support for an outcome to include a new secondary comp or a variation of either 3XKO or NEXT DUEL.

The support of the spoken majority will require a 60% swing to override the existing 2013 listed
Note: All votes will be visibly displayed.

THIS POLL WILL CEASE on the 7th of JULY 2014.

AE14 launch to follow on the 11th JULY.

No love for my idea :cry:

I also have been thinking about different types of games we could add into AE

This game is what I call
WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

* Each participant starts the season with $100 in their bank
* Each week I will post the odds for each game (not sure who’s odds will be used yet)
* Participants will then choose if they would like to bet or not, How much and on who they want to bet on is up to them (can only bet on the win)
* At the end of the week, I will go through and work out who lost and who won
* If you run out of money, Sorry that’s game over
* Winner is whoever has the most money at the end of the season, or whoever is the last man/woman standing

The thing about this game is, Do you bet on a roughie to get a bigger payout, or stick to a sure thing with a smaller payout?

Anyway that’s one of my ideas.

I'm only interested in tipping winners sorted into confidence. Not really interested in predicting the results, scoreline, spread, first scorer, TDs, yards and biggests plays or whatever people think of. Open minded to any other competition as long as it is simple. In the end I am just going to vote for the format that keeps the most people interested in tipping winners throughout the competition.

I'm only interested in tipping winners sorted into confidence. Not really interested in predicting the results, scoreline, spread, first scorer, TDs, yards and biggests plays or whatever people think of. Open minded to any other competition as long as it is simple. In the end I am just going to vote for the format that keeps the most people interested in tipping winners throughout the competition.
Then votes for no changes meaning one has to tip 3xko and temptation ;)

Last edited:
Well what do you know.
This is starting to feel like GG and his continual changing of cutthroat rules. o_O
KISS is good when everyone already knows what the rules of everything is.
DONT CHANGE THINGS FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE.

Note: I voted for "100 pt Dash" as you called it. But I'm voting for that to be the new scoring method for Last Chance Saloon, as per my proposal.

saul-goodman-th.jpg

well, GG Goodman, be ready for a powerpoint showreel for an enthralling sell to the guy across the desert.

breaking-bad-620x361.jpg

Careful how you sell AE's Walter White's crystal methOD of scoring..

grumpy-judge-shutterstock_153240326-400x400.jpg

End of the day it's AE's Big Wig, Sven , to make the final call.. careful he doesn't throw the book at ya.. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just want to stipulate about the last option of the 2013 COMPS Re-RUN vs High Roller Sweepstakes getting outvoted by another secondary option. Same applies to DROP ZONE.

1. 2013 Comps Re-Run would clinch the 'status quo' if either 58 votes (83%) are garnered or this poll becomes invalid (less than 70 members vote).
2. If 58 votes are not acquired, then High Roller Sweepstakes would need to be out-voted by it's the most viable replacement option on the condition that the new suggested acquires at least 42 votes (60%) AND High Roller Sweepstakes fails to register 28 votes (40%).
3. This poll will only be valid if at least 70 (83%) AE members vote.

So really, this poll is an open referendum to allow the AE members to determine whether a change is required in a majority sense.

Thanx to the 20% who have voted so far. :thumbsu:

the 20% who have voted so far have rocks in their heads.

they want the temptation of last year...after they all complained about the 3 pt bonus, the mnf double, and the stipulations around the ten selections.

the games odds was a winning idea by beez, which was celebrated by dirty bird, to name just one. perfect to implement into ND.

and tons of people liked the 3xko idea of only being able to pick a team once, not an original idea, used in many other sites called 'survivor'

the 20% who have voted so far have rocks in their heads.

they want the temptation of last year...after they all complained about the 3 pt bonus, the mnf double, and the stipulations around the ten selections.
I think most of them didn't play temptation, and their status quo doesn't include it ;)

Don't want to sound silly here, but as it's off season in the NFL, why hasn't people from last year been alerted to this. Hey Woodson
Only fair way to do things. :drunk:

That tweaked 3KXO version seems silly. Nothing wrong with what we have. The format doesn't need changing.

Same with the Next Duel tweaked version as well, it was fine the way it is, that just makes it more messy than it needs to be.

Alright time to contribute to the mess

CR - leave as is
3XKO - leave as is
ND - leave as is
HRS - leave as is
LCS - leave as is
DZE - take out
Temptation/ Any other comps - W/e you want, just not in the main package

Personally I find DZE is a little pointless. If I were to replace it with a contest it would be something where you have to face the person next to you on the CR ladder. If you win you get a point, lose and you get no points. The main aim of this contest is to see who is the most improved in AE while adding a little bit of rivalry.

Alright time to contribute to the mess

CR - leave as is
3XKO - leave as is
ND - leave as is
HRS - leave as is
LCS - leave as is
DZE - take out
Temptation/ Any other comps - W/e you want, just not in the main package

Personally I find DZE is a little pointless. If I were to replace it with a contest it would be something where you have to face the person next to you on the CR ladder. If you win you get a point, lose and you get no points. The main aim of this contest is to see who is the most improved in AE while adding a little bit of rivalry.

I like DZE cos it rewards the consistent tipsters... HRS generally does the opposite, you can get dumbasses having freak weeks and all the power to them. So both need to stay IMO, cos they are polar opposites.

Ok my head hurts a bit but here goes.

3XKO (tweaked) l like the idea of having to pick all 32 teams throughout the season, even though l WON last years 3XKO l find that if there's too many short prices favs in a particular week it's easy to get through. Teams like the Seahawks, 49ers, Denver at home and the like are easy to select every second week.

Next Duel (original) l like the way CR decides whether you win or not and l don't see using odds to be all that different, using CR if you pick the Seahawks at 16 CR in one game and the Jags at 1 CR in another game it doesn't seem much different to me between that and selecting the Seahawks at 1.20 and the Jags at 5.00.

Temptation (original) l didn't see an option to vote for this, l may be wrong. This game to me and for those that didn't play it was the best game l reckon AE has ever had. Unfortunately l burnt through my teams a little too quick last year but l won't make that mistake again. Only tweaks l would make would be cancel the 3 point bonus and the MNF bonus. Just have every game worth as much as any other game. But this game is a ripper IMO. I would also keep the rule of selecting 10 teams at the start of the year.

Last Chance Saloon (original) I'd keep this as it's a good game for the back end of the season to keep interest up for those that aren't going too well in the other games.

The last two comps I'm not too fussed about whatever the majority go with I'm cool with, but l wouldn't miss HRS or DZE if they were to be replaced with new ideas.

Back