Player Watch #47: Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he's played a game in the NEAFL unless there's another Ivan Soldo out there?

"The NEAFL Tigers unleashed 18 year old 204cm major position player Ivan Soldo whose sporting background is more akin to basketball than footy but as a developing ruckman showed outstanding promise in his first full game of AFL."

2014-Trail-v-Albury-Camp-009-168x300.jpg

Newcomer Ivan Soldo

more here
http://tigersclub.com.au/footballclub/neafl-tigers-too-strong-for-albury-tigers-2/

Looks good as a Tiger.
Looks like a young bob heard

About ******* time a developing ruckman. Good size too and another competitive Croat. Trust me fellas Croats hate loosing and are competitive in everything we do.

Although i didnt realise how easy it was to play AFL footy these days. Apparently all you need to do is send the club a photo of yourself.
Groupie_ you should send the club some photos of yourself. :oops:

International Rookie - chief broom

image.jpg

At least he will be drinking the same water as Cotchin Vlaustin and Grimes
Not to forget stepping on the haloed turf they once ran on
Seems an exciting venture
Who was the genius that come up with the idea Doc?
Probably little ivvy's

Sort of reminds me of when our players were running around at preseason training wearing blindfolds . That ended up summing up our season really well right then.

Can't complain with more competition for Hampson even if the kid
Has never played .

Did West Coast do the blindfold thing a few years ago? Some bloke ran into and over a fence? What's the point of the exercise?

Did West Coast do the blindfold thing a few years ago? Some bloke ran into and over a fence? What's the point of the exercise?
Not much by the looks of our season infact I'm surprised channel 7 haven't replayed it before any of our games this year to take the piss out of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well..... He's off to a good start anyway.
Hasn't touched a footy and has a fair few ***** hating him or writing him off.
Welcome to Richmond big fella...

Anyone who is over 200cm 's can run and wants to play football gets drafted . If you want any evidence take a look around some of the clumsy gits over 200cm on afl club lists .
Oh Really !!!

Have a look at This Kid Darcy Cameron from last years crop, I really liked him and would have loved to get him with our last selection or even a rookie selection but the kid was overlooked all together (what do i know about footy ehh) He doing a fine job in the Wafl in his 1st year
The boy can mark,kick,excellent tap ruckman,and has balls as well as can read the play - I woul dearly love to take him this year if still available

But NO we gave up a 2nd rounder for Hampson FMD

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-20/darcy-cameron

Rant over, Not all 200cm players that can run and wants to play get drafted.

Stefan Martin had never played a game of footy in his life before playing U19s football with us. I don't know how it had happened but aside from being a freak athlete and gun basketballer he was probably the worst kick of the footy at our entire school. What he could do though, from his very first game was absolutely dominate in the ruck and unlike Hampson...mark AND also catch a handball!! He's come a bloody long way since that time and from what I've always seen and heard isn't particularly "motivated" or a sensational trainer but at the moment is flying and he's definitely learnt to kick. So...young Ivy has a year on his side, is a lot bigger than Stef ever was at his age and is for free....I like it a lot. Worth the punt. Low risk, High reward.

I don't have any issues with trying out this type of rookie as it doesn't affect our main list & current rookie list. Also I think it's not so bad in the fact he doesn't have any bad habits that you can get with the bigger players that are unco & played the games for years. If he can be trained in a professional environment & shown what is expected of him from the start, with some tutoring from Ivan & Max. He could probably improve at a pretty good rate with a couple of seasons under his belt. Also the fact he has a sporting background at a reasonably high level can't hurt either.

Im very interested in his athletic ability

Sure he is 204cm & 106 kgs and in 2 years will have a body that looks the part BUT
Speed
Tank
Leap
Agility

These are the things that are important atm, But I would still tr==really love a player like Darcy Cameron on the Rookie list also and get rid of that waste of time Hampson and Retire the Big 'O' so we can actually play these guys

Remove this Banner Ad

Back