Official Match Thread BFFL Premiership Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

OK it is the first week of finals so about time we all payed a visit and talked some trash.

I was personally excited at taking down the new boy eaglesfan99 then the teams came out and no Gunston and Podsiadly will really dent my scoring potential, but then again i do still own Roughead and Cloke to hold down the forte.

will see how we all go.

Good luck and get a bit active.

OK it is the first week of finals so about time we all payed a visit and talked some trash.

I was personally excited at taking down the new boy eaglesfan99 then the teams came out and no Gunston and Podsiadly will really dent my scoring potential, but then again i do still own Roughead and Cloke to hold down the forte.

will see how we all go.

Good luck and get a bit active.
Get around it lads.

After being almost dead last for the majority of the season I have somehow snuck into the 8. Big things ahead for the Dragons.

Very average season for the Honey Badgers, 8 wins, 8 losses tells the story. Didn't deserve to make finals and didn't. Looking forward to offloading some deadwood in the off season and bringing in the next generation.

Very average season for the Honey Badgers, 8 wins, 8 losses tells the story. Didn't deserve to make finals and didn't. Looking forward to offloading some deadwood in the off season and bringing in the next generation.
Some of my chokers may be on the trade table.

Warning: Choking Hazard.

1st Qualifying Final

short people swansfan51 vs Cobras reggie

Congratulations to both the new coaches who have taken there respective teams to the top 4. Swansfan doing it with possibly the most promising young list within the BFFL, and reggie going with a win now mentality into his first season of the BFFL.

Key players short people vs Cobras

Breust vs Westoff
Naitanui vs Mumford
Beams vs Rockliff

I think even though the short people have done so well this season Reggie has assembled a great squad especially throgh that midfield.

my tip is Cobras 5-4

2nd Qualifying Final

Nancyboys WAG vs Mt Dandenong Eagles EagleOz

Two very strong teams as it has been proven all year, both have scoring potential but i think the Ladyboys are a bit more erratic in this department. Players such as Walker, Carlisle, Riewold, Shulz et al will mean this contest is well contested even before we talk about the mids.

Key players Nancyboys vs Eagles

Tippett vs Riewoldt
Walker vs Shulz
Jacobs/Lycett vs Cox/Maric
Mcstay vs Spangher...joke

my tip is Nancyboys 6-3

Elimination Final 1

Toorak Toffs @Me vs West Legends eaglesfan99

One of the more interesting matchups imo, Eaglesfan has taken his team into the finals after there last coach went awol which is fantastic, he traded hard and used the free agency assets which were available and i think there is little doubt his side has improved all year. He is facing a hard challenge in the Toffs this week, with Daniel Cross bolstering his weakened midfield and injuries to two key forwards this will hopefully go right down to the wire. I think it will be a case of Toffs winning up forward, Legends winning the midfield and ruck/FF?FA deciding the bout.

Key players Toffs vs Legends

Jamar/Macintosh vs Minson
Cloke vs Hawkins
Roughead vs Mcgovern/Lecras

my tip is Toffs 5-4

Elimination Final 2

Lolern Bulldogs Zim^zuM vs Bendigo Dragons fightingfury_88

This is another strong contest imo, both teams have strengths and weaknesses but like the other teams in elimination finals there squads were just not top 4 quality across the boards. Both teams have young and inexperienced sides although it could be there more mature stars which make the difference.

Key players Bullsdogs vs Dragons

Jack Riewoldt vs Thomas Lynch
Goldstein vs Lobbe
Cotchin vs Selwood
Wingard vs Devon Smith

I think the difference might just be forwardline and if the Bulldogs can get some goals out of Riewoldt and Wingard and then i think that will be enough.

My tip is the Bulldogs 5-4

Put a fork in us, we're just about done. Dayne Beams and Callan Ward both with season-ending injuries during that match as we fell over the line against an equally injury-plagued opposition (missing Johnson, LeCras, Pendlebury).

But we'll hopefully be back next year with Beams, Ward, Cameron, Hickey, Walker, Yeo and MacMillan

Hey guys. Just a heads up that this was my last game as coach of the Nancyboys. Appreciate the effort that Jt has put in, but not a huge fan of the categories concept, particularly ff and fa. Thought I'd step out now with a half decent team and allow someone to come in and shape it a little more with the upcoming draft/trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dissapponted to hear this WAG you have been a good coach for the last two years! Enjoy the time off until I try to talk you back into it!

Yes I think we have a solid group ATM, obviously two vacancies but I think the group we have now is far superior to twelve months ago.

Well unbelievably we managed to scrape a tie in that game and are into the grand final... I didn't bother checking the scores until afterwards after we lost Naitanui and Heppell to more injuries

Trade period will be open post season, now unless the two grand finalist object? The we will draft earlyish next year, open to debate, teams finalized a week prior to the season

Well unbelievably we managed to scrape a tie in that game and are into the grand final... I didn't bother checking the scores until afterwards after we lost Naitanui and Heppell to more injuries
And what a ******* abortion of a rule. I finish 2nd during the regular season and go undefeated in the finals yet don't make the GF. What a ******* joke!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back