Collingwood Gamers!

Remove this Banner Ad

you'll have to qualify that 2.66 for me as this use to be a good day before I gave up the rageahol

nuke2.png

Obviously games usually clear out and have high turnover on the opposite team pretty quick when this is going on.

Needless to say anything but GamingSA (RIP) servers I was banned from quick smart even after one time I sent a video of me tearing them a new one with no hacks (then I got rage banned from their forums too).

Sometimes I wonder if the lulz would make getting one of those control emulators on a console worth it. I am probably too geriatric for shooters now anyway, wrong side of 30. Oh yeah and my internet is terrible now :cry:

So I just started playing Star Wars battlefront, and I have to say I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. Multiplayer is ok, but unless you've played since release and have a bunch of upgrades you just get pwnd over and over again. Single player is terrible. There was so much scope for them to have a genuinely good single player campaign playing through different scenarios throughout the original trilogy, but they've completely ignored it to the point where it's basically just another multiplayer mode vs AI on the map instead of people.

Sigh...

That was basically Battlefront 1 & 2 although with those it was still singleplayer versus AI but much much much more fun. I guess they thought they couldn't do a complete remake of that and wanted to try something new but unfortunately fell drastically short. I'd enjoy the game more if chained insta-death wasn't so common due to turrets etc.

So I just started playing Star Wars battlefront, and I have to say I'm thoroughly underwhelmed. Multiplayer is ok, but unless you've played since release and have a bunch of upgrades you just get pwnd over and over again. Single player is terrible. There was so much scope for them to have a genuinely good single player campaign playing through different scenarios throughout the original trilogy, but they've completely ignored it to the point where it's basically just another multiplayer mode vs AI on the map instead of people.

Sigh...
I started playing a couple of weeks ago. It's not too bad in multiplayer but it's going to die off pretty quickly. I'm already looking to purchase something else soon.

What is everyone looking forward to get in the next couple of months?

That was basically Battlefront 1 & 2 although with those it was still singleplayer versus AI but much much much more fun. I guess they thought they couldn't do a complete remake of that and wanted to try something new but unfortunately fell drastically short. I'd enjoy the game more if chained insta-death wasn't so common due to turrets etc.
Yeah. I just thought that given you have multiple forms of combat available, i.e. snow speeders, x wings, the speeder bikes on endor, fps on foot, imperial walkers, that some effort could have been made to do some genuine story mode type missions. I love the x-wing combat. Imagine having a mission to go in to combat on the Death Star and destroy it. Easily achievable given the mechanics are already in place.

I just see all the possibilities that could have made this an amazing single player game instead of just a solid multiplayer game and have to shake my head. I would totally blow up the Death Star over and over again. That s**t would never get old.

you'll have to qualify that 2.66 for me as this use to be a good day before I gave up the rageahol

nuke2.png

Obviously games usually clear out and have high turnover on the opposite team pretty quick when this is going on.

Needless to say anything but GamingSA (RIP) servers I was banned from quick smart even after one time I sent a video of me tearing them a new one with no hacks (then I got rage banned from their forums too).

Sometimes I wonder if the lulz would make getting one of those control emulators on a console worth it. I am probably too geriatric for shooters now anyway, wrong side of 30. Oh yeah and my internet is terrible now :cry:
Blops2 was where it was at, I was on a team that won 75-4 lol

Blops2 was where it was at, I was on a team that won 75-4 lol
My biggest problem was always clan or privately owned/leased servers. If it was manged by a company like GamingSA with admins that went by proper hack detection instead of "everyone better than me is cheating" I was fine - otherwise banned after the first round against whoever had control of the server.

Especially if they were trying to be a knife shitloard on nuke town and I just plowed their face with a shotgun over and over.

nuke3.png

nuke1.png

2hn885w.gif

Game never really changed after that, just more ways to get kills you didn't deserve which was already rife in COD4. That and I raged out everyday. So many corner camping useless mother....

i would have put information about The Division in here.

If I had ever been able to load the game. I have one of those Anniversary Edition pentiums at 4GHz (or 4.5 I forget) and can run anything else no issues but would just get a white screen.

Oh well.

XCOM 2 Deluxe edition purchased instead.

This place is almost at my doorstep and I had no idea it existed! Thank you!!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Just in case you were wondering the shop has now moved to Springvale...
I went to the Mitcham shop, only to discover it was empty.

I checked the website and it's the new address... I looked at the opening hours which was just below the new address just before I left... **facepalm**

Also I bought a Mega Drive 2 the other day. But it didn't come with any cables, hence I went to stuff4gamers.

Turns out they don't sell power cables, so I just had to get the video cable there.

For those interested it's a scart plug (EU AV cable basically), cos the tube TV I bought a few weeks back has RGB scart (boner alert).
For those needing something to read on the toilet check out this page. http://retrorgb.com/rgbmonitors.html

By god old consoles look sexy through RGB...

Also I bought a Mega Drive 2 the other day. But it didn't come with any cables, hence I went to stuff4gamers.

Turns out they don't sell power cables, so I just had to get the video cable there.

For those interested it's a scart plug (EU AV cable basically), cos the tube TV I bought a few weeks back has RGB scart (boner alert).
For those needing something to read on the toilet check out this page. http://retrorgb.com/rgbmonitors.html

By god old consoles look sexy through RGB...

Yeah this is definitely in my list of things to buy whenever I move out and have some monies flowing into the pockets. The Mega Drive was a bit before my time but definitely going to some day get a full Nintendo system with Everdrives and a good monitor to play it on... Maybe look into Dreamcast as well, hopefully the PS3 survives for the PSX discs I still have lying around. Right now it's all about saving/waiting for those damn Pascal GPU's.

As for games themselves, everyone into CRPG's needs to check out the Shadowrun remakes by Harebrained studios (not the other company who seems to be making them too). Shadowrun Returns came out about 2 years ago and there have been 2 others since, all have a singleplayer campaign about ~10 hours long and they're fantastic. About $5 on G2A too so no excuses!

So I think I've become addicted to FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT)...
I didn't even know it existed until 2 weeks ago (what was I doing with my life?).

Here's my team right now:

man_cigi_fc_20160207.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you Spanish? :p
Hah! No. But I went in with a strategy for Spanish/La Liga players cos Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez all play in spain...

For those that haven't played FUT in FIFA you get benefits from"chemistry".
There are 3 things that can link players:
-Playing in the same league
-Play for the same club
-Are from the same country

To get a green link you need 2/3 or 3/3 in the list.
To get orange you need 1.
To get red you need 0.

So it's a good idea to get players from the same country cos it's much easier.
Hence, I went for Spanish players.

So I think I've become addicted to FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT)...
I didn't even know it existed until 2 weeks ago (what was I doing with my life?).

Here's my team right now:

man_cigi_fc_20160207.jpg
Thats a lot of Spaniards lol

So I've given up on Star Wars Battlefront. It's just too frustrating to see so much potential for a single player campaign thrown away in favour of concentrating on a relatively bland pvp setup (although it is enjoyable to play with a few friends and blow their heads off)

So I bit the bullet yesterday and bought Destiny (inc expansions), which I understand has a lot of MMO elements to it in addition to being an FPS. Anyone played it? I haven't had a chance to play yet given there were about 5 hours (19gb) worth of updates to download last night when I put the disc in lol.

So I've given up on Star Wars Battlefront. It's just too frustrating to see so much potential for a single player campaign thrown away in favour of concentrating on a relatively bland pvp setup (although it is enjoyable to play with a few friends and blow their heads off)

So I bit the bullet yesterday and bought Destiny (inc expansions), which I understand has a lot of MMO elements to it in addition to being an FPS. Anyone played it? I haven't had a chance to play yet given there were about 5 hours (19gb) worth of updates to download last night when I put the disc in lol.

Yeah I played it on release... Problem is that they have matchmaking for everything except Raids (highest level content) which means unless you have 5 friends with the game on the same console or go via an online group you can't do it. I'm all for joining Guilds etc but not on a console based game, and the community at the time of release just wasn't there to support it :S

The actual game itself is very fun, it's closer to Diablo than an MMORPG (which is of course what MMO normally refers to) but maybe the 'raid' content bridges this gap. If you like Halo you'll enjoy the singleplayer. The PvP is pretty fun for a console based shooter although it wasn't very balanced.

As I've barely played since release (played a little of the expacs) I'm not sure how much has changed but I know the matchmaking for raids hasn't.

Yeah I played it on release... Problem is that they have matchmaking for everything except Raids (highest level content) which means unless you have 5 friends with the game on the same console or go via an online group you can't do it. I'm all for joining Guilds etc but not on a console based game, and the community at the time of release just wasn't there to support it :S

The actual game itself is very fun, it's closer to Diablo than an MMORPG (which is of course what MMO normally refers to) but maybe the 'raid' content bridges this gap. If you like Halo you'll enjoy the singleplayer. The PvP is pretty fun for a console based shooter although it wasn't very balanced.

As I've barely played since release (played a little of the expacs) I'm not sure how much has changed but I know the matchmaking for raids hasn't.
Yeah there's still no matchmaking for raids afaik, but I've been reading some reviews for the latest expansion which described it as everything that game should have been at release, and that it was a good time to start playing, or restart playing if you had at release.

Not too fussed about the raids at this point as I'll be leveling up and frankly, don't have the time anymore to sit through 2-3+ hours of a dungeon, so I guess once I hit the level cap I'll be regarded as a casual nub with terrible gear. Oh well.

Yeah there's still no matchmaking for raids afaik, but I've been reading some reviews for the latest expansion which described it as everything that game should have been at release, and that it was a good time to start playing, or restart playing if you had at release.

Not too fussed about the raids at this point as I'll be leveling up and frankly, don't have the time anymore to sit through 2-3+ hours of a dungeon, so I guess once I hit the level cap I'll be regarded as a casual nub with terrible gear. Oh well.

At the end of the day Destiny is a casual game so it's perfect to be a casual nub on :D

Good! Whenever I hear MMO all I can think about is countless hours spent in Molten Core and Blackwing Lair during 40 man raids in WoW, even though I know that Destiny isn't an MMORPG.

As long as it's better than Star Wars I'll be happy, so the bar is pretty low.

Companies Prefer Multi-Player as they then can keep making money from the Game thru Multi-Player

Companies Prefer Multi-Player as they then can keep making money from the Game thru Multi-Player
Which is ridiculous, because on a console they could simply keep generating cash from downloadable content for single player games too. It's not like an ongoing subscription to the game is required like Warcraft, Sony gets the cash for that and then buying a season pass for the game is optional.

They might tempt me back one day if they update the content to include blowing up the Death Star, but until that happens, Destiny it is.

Which is ridiculous, because on a console they could simply keep generating cash from downloadable content for single player games too. It's not like an ongoing subscription to the game is required like Warcraft, Sony gets the cash for that and then buying a season pass for the game is optional.

They might tempt me back one day if they update the content to include blowing up the Death Star, but until that happens, Destiny it is.

That is why I hate Modern Gaming. You pay for the Game once then you can pay a ton more afterwards.

I like Retro Gaming. You get the Game and have no Further Payments

A game like Battlefront doesn't achieve that though as there's no P2P (which is a dead model) nor freemium purchases, just some DLC that will come out eventually I guess which can be applied to singleplayer games anyway.

Apex36 Yeah you won't get hooked like with WoW, it doesn't have anywhere near the same pull :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back